It's fair to say that no-one enjoys losing any of their data, especially when that data is in the form of photos. You see, photos are memories that have been captured to last a life time, and losing something so valuable can cause a lot of frustration, disappointment and distress. But, have Apple programmed iCloud to back up photos that have been deleted?
1. Does iCloud Backup Deleted Photos?
Well, there is no definitive answer to the question that does iCloud backup save deleted photos, and it all depends on how your iPhone works in the background. Generally, your iPhone will save all data – deleted or current – in its database, which is known as SQLite. When it comes to deleted data, that system regards it as useless and relocates it from the “Allocated” category to the “Unallocated” one.
Although, that doesn't necessarily mean it permanently deletes them straight away. If you create new data on your iPhone and your storage is lacking, then SQLite will most likely tap into the "Unallocated" area to free some space up. So, in that instance, iCloud will not back up those deleted photos because they would have been overwritten.
However, if you have plenty of storage, or you're just lucky, your deleted photos might not get overwritten and will remain in the system. In that case, iCloud will be able to back them up and you'll eventually be able to recover that data.
You may need to know: How to Free Up Space Efficiently on iPhone >>
2. Can I View Deleted Photos in iCloud Backup?
Unfortunately, though, you won't be able to restore them using an Apple function. Apple never allows users to view any deleted data, even if you were to restore the exact backup, which includes the deleted photos, to your device. Essentially, Apple feels that if data has been deleted then it's no longer needed by the user, and is therefore deemed inadequate. No matter what you do, you won't receive any help whatsoever from Apple.
But, there is hope. You can utilize a third-party application that specializes in data recovery to view your deleted photos. Our strong recommendation is to opt for iMyFone D-Back, which helps users to view and recover deleted photos in iCloud backups. Want to know why? We'll tell you.
3. How to View Deleted Photos in iCloud Backups Easily?
As one of the best recovery tools currently on the market, iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery has been highly recommended by lots of famous tech sites, such as CNET and Makeuseof. It can recover deleted data from both of your iOS devices and backups. What it can help? Please view its features:
- Whether you want to recover your deleted photos from an iCloud backup, iTunes backup or your devices, this program will be able to help.
- It isn't limited to just photos; iMyFone D-Back can recover deleted text messages, iMessages, WhatsApp messages and many more.
- It's also very effective at dealing with iTunes backups. You can recover deleted data from iTunes backups with it.
- If you need to view your delete photos from the iCloud backup, you can do so using the preview function which is completely FREE of charge.
Steps to View & Recover Deleted Photos in iCloud Backup
Now, iMyFone D-Back is very simple and straightforward to operate, but we understand that people still like a bit of guidance. So, here's how to use the tool to view and recover your deleted photos from iCloud backup.
- Hop onto the application, click “Recover from iCloud Backup” then hit “Start”.
- Log into your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
- The software will then pull up all of the iCloud backups you have available, then you just need to select the one which you think includes the photos you need. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Select the type of data you want to recover. In this case, choose “Photo”. If you need, you can select multiple or all types.
- It will then download and scan the backup, and then allow you to preview the photos.
- Everything up to this point is free of charge, but you will then to pay for the software if you want to recover any of the photos. Just click “Recover” to do so.
There you have it, an in-depth article which covers the questions about does iCloud backup deleted photos and how to view and recover deleted photos from an iCloud backup. In the end, we would like to tell that if you don't have any backup for iPhone, you can still try iMyFone D-Back to scan your device and confirm whether it can recover the photos directly. Just download the free trial and give it a shot!