“I have about 50+ voice memos, all of which need to be exported to disk. I have my iPhone set to back up to iCloud. Unlike backing up to iTunes, I don't see a place where my voice memos can be accessed. Are the backups hidden somewhere in the iCloud site?"
Voice memos are a handy way to remember the important stuff. They are easy to create and don't take up too much space on your device. Since they can sometimes contain important information, it is a good idea to back up the voice memos when you can. This way, if you ever lose them you can simply restore the backup and get them back.
Some users may wonder: Does iCloud backup voice memos? In this article, we are going to be looking at whether or not you can back up the voice memos on your iOS devices to iCloud and provide you with a simple way to access voice memos on iCloud.(iOS 12.1/12 supported).
1. How to Know If Voice Memos Are Backed Up with iCloud?
To turn on the Voice Memos backup function by going to Settings > iCloud. By doing so, iCloud will automatically backup your voice memos everyday, so long as your iPhone is connected to a WiFi network. However, in the mean time, there comes another problem: How to check if iCloud has backuped up your voice memos? Someone may try the official way to perform a factory reset and choose to recover from iCloud backup. But that is risky and will lead to data loss, because factory reset will erase all the data on your device. In such case, you may look for some other reliable methods to view or transfer voice memos to computer.
2. How to Access and Extract Voice Memos on iCloud
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to view and extract only the Voice memos from an iCloud backup. This solution comes in the form of a third-party data recovery tool known as iMyFone D-Back that allows users to gain access to a backup file and extract any type of data they want.
The following are some of the features that make iMyFone D-Back a great choice.
- You can view all the voice memos backed up in iCloud and restore selectively.
- There is zero data loss risk after restoring iCloud backup.
- Also apply to restore other important files like videos, notes, photos, messages, contacts and more.
- It is very easy to operate.
- It is compatible with all the iOS devices running various iOS versions including the latest iOS 13/12/12.1/11.
- It's reliable and recommended by many famous tech sites like CNET, PCWorld, Engadget and more.
The following is a simple step by step guide to using iMyfone D-Back to view and extract voice memos from iCloud. Before that, you can download the free trial on your PC/Mac.
Step 1: After installing the program to your computer, launch it and then select "Recover from iCloud Backup" from the main window. Click "Start" to begin the process. Log in to your iCloud account, select "iCloud Backup" and tap "Scan".
Step 2: Select an iCloud backup to scan, tap "Next".
Step 3: Select the type of data you want to extract as "Voice Memos" and then click "Next" to continue.
Step 4: After scanning, you will be able to see how many voice memos are stored in iCloud. If you need, you can select the voice memos you wish to extract and then click "Recover" to save them to your computer.
3. Backing Up Voice Memos in Two Different Ways
#1. Backing up voice memos to iCloud
Back up voice memos to iCloud is quite simple. But it features limitation which you can't view the backup content unless you restore all the backup from iCloud.
- Go to "Settings".
- Tap [your name] > iCloud, then turn on the toggle for Voice Memos.
- Tap on iCloud backup option and enable iCloud backup, then tap "Backup Now".
- Then iCloud will backup all your data.
Remember that the restore process will erase the current data on your device.
#2. Backing up voice memos with sharing features
In the case of restoring voice memos from iCloud backup may lead to data loss, backing up via share feature is recommended to utilize. The voice memos can be imported to a computer/Mac individually by sharing via email or text messages. Follow the steps below:
- Open voice memos and choose the voice memo you want to trasfer to computer.
- Tap the three dots and select "Share..." option.
- For Mac (MacBook Air, Pro, etc): tap AirDrop icon as soon as it appears to transfer voice memo to Download folder; for a Windows (or Mac) computer, email voice memo to your own email address by tapping on Mail icon, just download the voice memo in the email to your computer.
You can only import your voice memos to PC one by one manually, which means it takes a long time to import all. If you want to import all voice memos to a computer at once, then you can have a try for the below method.
This is the most complete answer to your problem "Does iCloud backup voice memos". In case you have other related issues, we also provide the solution to help you know how to view and access voice memos stored in iCloud. With the free trial of iMyFone D-Back, you can fully understand whether iCloud successfully backs up your voice, and if you want, you can extract the files needed from iCloud at any time.