You were trying to set a fingerprint on your iPhone but unfortunately, the process becomes difficult to complete giving you the message, "Unable to complete touch ID setup. Please go back and try again".
Touch ID is designed to make your device safer and one can only unlock the device with the fingerprint set by the user. Normally, the problem occurs when you update to the latest iOS like iOS 14/13.7.
If you are among those users whose Touch ID fails to work and are not able to complete the touch ID setup, please check out the tips listed in this post. You will be able to fix the issue.
1. Fix "Unable to Complete Touch ID Setup" Error without Data Loss
If you are still unable to complete the touch ID setup, you need to think about the software problem. There could be a problem caused by improper software installation or some unknown software glitches. We would suggest you using iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery which is an amazing third-party tool designed to repair various iOS problems.
- This tool especially focuses on the users' data and makes sure that you will not lose data on your device.
- Moreover, it is able to fix various iOS problems with a 100% success rate and make your device work like before.
- It is easy to use and you do not need to be tech-savvy.
- It has been trusted and recommended by many famous websites.
- It is not totally free, but it offers a free trial version.
- Here let us learn how to fix the "unable to set up touch id" problem with simple steps. Now you need to download it to your computer first.
Step 1 Install it after downloading the program. Launch it now and when you get to the main screen, make sure to connect your iPhone with the PC. Now, choose 'Standard Mode' from the three panels on the screen.
On successful connection and choosing the mode, click on the 'Start' button and put your iPhone in DFU/recovery mode by following the onscreen steps if it is not recognized by the software.
Step 2 After this, click on the 'Download' button and your device will get the latest firmware that it needs. The tool is able to detect your device and therefore it provides the matching software on its own.
Step 3 When downloading is completed, click on the 'Start' button and you will see your device getting fixed in a couple of minutes.
2. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone (Erase iPhone)
Here is another way to fix "unable to complete touch ID setup" - try to restore your iPhone with the help of iTunes. This will positively help you by making your device restored into factory settings and thereby you will lose your data completely. The steps for fixing this issue are given below.
- This method can fix this "unable to complete touch id" issue with a 70% success rate.
- This method will erase all your device data.
- This fixing process needs a longer time than other methods.
- Start iTunes after connecting your iPhone to the PC with the help of a genuine lightning cable.
- When connected successfully, go to the main interface and click on the device symbol given at the top.
- Now, click on the 'Summary' option and then click the 'Restore iPhone' button. You're done now. Wait for a while, your iPhone will restart and you can reset your touch ID.
3. Hard Reboot iPhone If It Is Unable to Complete Touch ID
Hard rebooting is has been responsible for fixing many minor issues related to iPhones. So, when you find yourself unable to complete the touch ID setup, try this method to fix it.
- It is simple to follow.
- It will not affect your device data.
- This method only fixes this "unable to set up touch id " issue with a 50% success rate.
- This fixing process needs a little bit long time.
- Get your iPhone 6 or previous models, press the 'Home' and 'Power' buttons altogether and release them when you find the Apple logo on the screen.
- When using iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, do the same but press 'Volume Down' instead of the 'Home' button.
- The steps are slightly different for iPhone 8/X/11/12. here you need to tap the 'Volume Up' button and release quickly. Now, press the 'Volume Down' button and release it immediately. Subsequently, hold down the 'Power' button and don't leave it until you see the Apple logo on the iPhone's screen.
Now, try to complete the touch ID setup and see if you are able to fulfill the purpose or not.
4. Remove Case and Screen Protector
Many times, the touch ID setup fails to complete when your device is having a screen protector or cover. Check if your iPhone's case is covering the Home button of your device. Adjust it properly if this is the case. Hope this tip helped you.
- This method will not cause data loss on your device.
- It is very easy to have a try.
- This method can fix this issue only with a 20% success rate.
- However, if still, you are unable to complete the touch ID setup, you need to follow other advanced methods in this article.
5. Try Enrolling a Different Finger
The basic thing you need to ensure on being unable to complete touch ID setup is to try setting a different finger for touch ID function.
- It is very simple to try.
- No data loss will be caused.
- This method can fix this issue only with a 10% success rate.
- Cease the process of setting up the finger which doesn't let you complete the setup. Probably a different finger will complete the process and the device will positively read it and unlock your device without fail.
Well, all possible ways have been offered above, so you can choose the one you prefer according to your own needs. If you think that there only are some minor issues on your device, then you can choose the basic ways; if there you want an all-in-one tool, you cannot miss iMyFone Fixppo. Do not forget to share this article if it is helpful.