You were trying to set a fingerprint in your iPhone but unfortunately the process becomes difficult to complete giving you the message, "Unable to complete touch ID setup. Please go back and try again". Touch ID is designed to make your device safer and one can only unlock the device with the fingerprint set by the user. Normally, the problem occurs when you update to the latest iOS, maybe iOS 12 beta. If you are among those users whose Touch ID fails to work and are not able to complete the touch ID setup, please check out the tips listed in this post. You will be able to fix the issue.
5 Tips to Fix iPhone Unable to Complete Touch ID Setup (iOS 12 Supported)
1. Try Enrolling a Different Finger
The first thing you need to ensure on being unable to complete touch ID setup is to try setting a different finger for touch ID function. Cease the process of setting up the finger which doesn't let you complete the setup. Probably the different finger will complete the process and the device will positively read it and unlock your device without fail.
2. Remove Case and Screen Protector
Many times, touch ID setup fails to complete when your device is having a screen protector or cover. Check if your iPhone's case is covering the Home button of your device. Adjust it properly if this is the case. Hope this tip helped you. However, if still you are unable to complete touch ID setup, follow the next one which will also be of assistance.
3. Hard Reboot iPhone
Hard rebooting is has been responsible in fixing many minor issues related to iPhones. So, when you find yourself unable to complete touch ID setup, try this fix.
- Get your iPhone 6 or previous models, press 'Home' and 'Power' buttons altogether and release tem when you find Apple logo on the screen. When using iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, do the same but press 'Volume Down' instead of 'Home' button.
- The steps are a slightly different for iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X. here you need to tap the 'Volume Up' button and release quickly. Now, press 'Volume Down' button and release it immediately. Subsequently, hold down the 'Power' button and don't leave it until you see Apple logo on the iPhone's screen.
Now, try to complete the touch ID setup and see if you are able to fulfill the purpose or not.
4. Fix "Unable to Complete the Touch ID Setup" Error without Data Loss
If you are still unable to complete the touch ID setup, you need think about the software problem. There could be a problem caused by improper software installation or some unknown software glitches.We would suggest you using iMyFone iOS System Recovery which is an amazing third-party tool designed to repair various iOS problems. Te tool specially focus on the users' data and makes sure that you will not lose data on your device. Moreover, this software has three different modes which let you fix various iOS problems, including iPhone stuck on Apple logo, white/black/blue/red screen, boot loop, etc., and make your device work like before. Let us now learn how you can fix the problem without losing any data.
How to Use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix Touch ID Setup not Completed
Step 1 – To initiate, get to the web browser, and visit the tool's official website. Download it from there and install afterwards. Launch it now and when you get to the main screen, make sure to connect your iPhone with the PC. Now, choose 'Standard Mode' from the three panels on the screen.
Step 2 – On successful connection and choosing the mode, click on 'Start' button and put your iPhone in DFU mode by following the onscreen steps.
Step 3 – After this, click on the 'Download' button and your device will get the latest firmware that it needs. The tool has the power to detect your device and therefore it provides the matching software on its own.
Step 4 – When downloading is completed, click on 'Start to Fix' button and you will see your device getting fixed in a couple of minutes.
5. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone (Erase iPhone)
If you are still unable to unable to complete touch ID setup, try to restore your iPhone with the help of iTunes. This will posotively help you by making your device restored into factory settings and thereby you will lose data. The steps that are needed to be performed for this method are given below.
- Start iTunes after connecting your iPhone to the PC with the help of a genuine lightening cable.
- When connected successfully, go to the main interface and click on the device symbol given at the top.
- Now, click on the 'Summary' option and then click 'Restore iPhone' button. You're done now. Wait for a while, your iPhone will restart and you can reset your touch ID.