Restrictions on iOS 11 and Screen Time on iOS 12/13, also known as parental control, are designed to allow you to restrict your children’s access to unauthorized content. You need to create a separate passcode to activate the parental control feature on iPhone. If you want to disable the parental control or access to the restricted settings, you need to enter the passcode.
If you find that you forgot parental control password on iPhone, you should not just make random guesses at your password. iPhone will lock you out of parental controls when you enter the incorrect password multiple times. But don’t worry, we will introduce 2 ways to unlock activated parental control feature on iPhone without a passcode.
Forgot Parental Control Password on iPhone, Using LockWiper, No Data Lost
Forgetting the parental control password brings you a lot of trouble, iPhone will be restricted until you remember the current password. iMyFone LockWiper designed to unlock all passwords on iPhone, is your best choice. You can easily turn off the feature without losing any data when you forgot parental control password on iPhone. With an intuitive interface and various unlocking tools, it is an absolute must-have for your iPhone.
Key features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- It does not allow a loss of data stored on your iPhone while recovering Restrictions or removing Screen Time.
- It is very easy to use; it does not require special skills.
- It unlocks the parental control password easily within a few minutes.
- It can also remove all kinds of passwords on your iPhone such as fingerprint, passcode lock, face ID lock within a few minutes.
- It can help remove Apple ID and iCloud account when you bought a second-hand iPhone.
Steps of using iMyFone LockWiper to unlock parental control:
Step 1. Download LockWiper on your PC, then choose “ Unlock Screen Time Passcode” mode.
Step 2. Connect the iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
Case 1: Remove Screen Time passcode on iOS 12/13
Step 3. Click "Start to Unlock" button, then the software will start to unlock the passcode.
Step 4. The LockWiper wipes your Screen Time passcode completely without losing any data.
Case 2: Recover Restrictions passcode on iOS 11 and earlier.
Step 3. Click on the "Start to Unlock" to start recovering.
Step 4. iMyFone LockWiper will show your current Restrictions passcode.
Forgot Parental Control Password on iPhone, Using iTunes, Data Lost
If you prefer to remove the forgotten parental control passcode by iTunes, you will need to wipe the device completely and restore it to factory setting. Please follow the steps below:
1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
2. Launch iTunes, and use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to PC.
3. Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
4. In the Summary panel, tap on the "Restore iPhone" button.
5. Click "Restore" again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS version.
6. Then, you can set up your iPhone as a new device.
What is Parental Control on Your iPhone?
The main function of the parental control on iPhone is to manage the phone usage time and restrict child’s access to inappropriate content. Parental control offers many features, for example:
- It can filter inappropriate content for children, such as pornography and violence.
- Set the amount of time that children can access to the device, either social media or games.
- Prevent your children from making in-app purchases, and more.
Parental control offers you a lot of benefits, especially for monitoring your children’s phone usage. It would be troublesome when you forgot parental control password on iPhone. Removing a passcode by iTunes is not a wise choice, because it is time-consuming, and will erase all of your files. iMyFone LockWiper is a better choice for you. It removes the parental control password in no time while keeping your data complete and safe.