"I have little space on my iPhone 6 because I have too many pictures stored on my phone and I'm afraid that accidental loss of these picture happens. I would like to backup the pictures somewhere else to free up some space on my phone and also to keep them safe. I want to view or print the pictures in future. What is the best way to backup these iPhone pictures? Please guide me."
Pictures are usually the most important things in iPhone for most people. Agree? It is a very upset moment when you lose your pictures for any reason. Therefore to make backup as a precaution is always suggested. After all, we all don't want to face that painful situation of losing these valuable memories. Also pictures really take a large space on our iPhone. It is a good idea to backup them on your computer and save the storage of your iPhone. In addition, when we make a backup of these photos, we hope it is convenient for us to view them at any time. If you have the same consideration and are wondering a best way to backup pictures from iPhone, you need keep reading. Here we are going to introduce some ways by which you will learn how to backup pictures on iPhone. We hope you would figure out the best way as soon as the article ends.
3 Ways to Backup iPhone Pictures
1. Backup iPhone Pictures using a Third-party Tool
Here is the first and the most recommended way to backup iPhone pictures. Use iMyFone D-Port Pro which stands out among all other tools. Yes, it comes with the power of backup the iPhone data, restore iPhone data, and extract data from backups flexibly, which makes it the excellent alternative for iTunes or iCloud. This backup and restore tool can export over 20 types of data from different sources that include iOS device, iTunes, iCloud and iMyFone D-Port Pro itself.
iMyFone D-Port Pro iPhone Backup and Restore Tool (iOS 11 Supported)
- This tool is able to backup selectively which means it can easily save only your WhatsApp data, messages or WeChat data if you want. It can backup whole iPhone as well. You can make various backup and it will not overwrite the previous one.
- You can easily view and extract 18 types of data from the backup without restoring your device.
- With this program, you can also restore your data selectively. For example, you can restore only WhatsApp data, messages or WeChat data from backup files to your device.
Backup Pictures on iPhone using iMyFone D-Port Pro
Step 1 – Launch the program and connect the iPhone with computer. Select "Back up & Export from Device" from main screen's left panel. After this, hit "Export Data".
Step 2 – The next screen will bring all the data types on the screen. Choose what you want to export and hit "Next".
Step 3 – This will initiate scanning of your device and will show you the pictures on the screen. Now, select what pictures you want backup and finish the process by hitting on "Export".
View and Extract Pictures from Backup using iMyFone D-Port Pro
You are also allowed to view or extract your pictures if you want to use them in future. This tool can help you for the same without restoring on the iPhone. Here are the steps to extract your pictures from a iTunes backup. Please note that you can extract from iTunes, iCloud or iMyFone backup.
Step 1 – Launch D-Port Pro and from the left panel, go for "Extract Data from Backup" option. You will get a list of different backup files including iTunes backups, iMyFone backups, messages backup etc. Choose the an iTunes backup and hit "Next".
Step 2 – The types of data will come on the screen and you need to choose photos in order to extract them. Proceed by clicking on "Next".
Step 3 – Now, the selected type will be scanned by the program. Preview your pictures and select those you want to view or extract and lastly hit "Extract". Within a while, those pictures will be stored on your computer.
2. Use iCloud to Backup iPhone Pictures
iCloud is the second method to save pictures. Using this however have some disadvantages. iCloud only provides the users 5GB storage for free. If you want to backup pictures or data more than this, you need to purchase more space. When you use iCloud, make sure you have an active internet connection. Also, we want to make you aware that the process could bore you since backing up using iCloud is time-consuming. Let us learn now how to backup pictures from iPhone using iCloud:
- Run "Settings" in your iPhone and click your Apple ID.
- Go to iCloud and toggle on "Photos".
- Go to "iCloud Backup" and make sure it is on.
- Hit on "Back Up Now" and you're done.
3. Use iTunes to Backup iPhone Pictures
You can also use iTunes, to which no surprise, every iPhone user is familiar with. Before using iTunes, we would like to inform you that with iTunes, you are not allowed to view the pictures you made backup of, unlike the tool we mentioned above. Also, iTunes will overwrite the previous backup which iMyFone doesn't do at all. Here is how to backup pictures from iPhone using iTunes:
- Start with opening iTunes (latest version) and connect your iPhone with PC.
- Hit on your iPhone in iTunes and click on "Photos" on left side.
- Click on "Sync Photos" and pick out the folder you need.
- Last of all, choose between "All Photos and Albums" or "Selected Albums".
- Choose "Include videos" as well and hit "Apply".
To backup is to be on safe side and being on safe side is always a sound decision. No matter you want to save space on your device or prevent the pictures from loss, you can make a backup of them. Now you know all the possible ways for how to backup pictures on iPhone. Have you start to backup your iPhone pictures?