The iOS 13 version is released with some impressive features. Like many other iOS lovers, you must have been expecting it for a long time. If unfortunately, when you tried to upgrade to iOS 13, the progress seems to get halted as the iOS 13 update got stuck on 'Download and Install', don't worry, we are here to help you. We can understand your situation, especially when you have no clue as to what went wrong. Believe us, you can still manage to get the iOS 13 update by using these simple solutions below.
1. The Most Effective Way with One Click
If you are still stuck on "Download and Install" when updating to iOS 13, you need the help of a third-party tool. You can try iMyFone Fixppo which is a data recovery tool but comes with the powerful feature to fix almost all the iOS related issues, no matter your iPhone is stuck on black/white screen/Apple logo or the other issues you might meet during the update to iOS 13. Moreover, this tool can also protect the data on your device during the fixing, no data will be lost.
- Get the iMyFone Fixppo tool installed over your PC and then launch it. Now, get your iPhone connected to it and select the 'Standard Mode' option.
- You are now required to follow the onscreen guide to put your device into 'Recovery/DFU' mode. As soon as your device enters the 'Recovery/DFU' mode, the device information and the latest compatible firmware version will then be detected automatically by the software.
- Hit the 'Download' button now and wait for it to download the firmware. Lastly, hit the 'Start to Fix' button and your iPhone will restart soon. It will be updated to iOS 13 and the stuck issues will be resolved without data loss.
2. Use WiFi Instead of Cellular Data
If you are planning to install the latest iOS 13 version, you must ensure that you have connected to a WiFi connection over the Cellular data for smoother passage of download and installation. The cellular data isn't recommended because you might run of data allowance or the network connection isn't very stable to progress the update in a fashioned manner.
3. Force Restart iPhone
The iOS 13 update stuck on 'Download and Install' problem is certainly irksome but it becomes more annoying when it freezes your device too. If in case, it is advisable to force reboot your device. Depending upon the iPhone models you possess, you can follow the below-listed steps to easily force reboot your device.
iPhone 6 or below:
For forcing a restart on iPhone 6 or lower versions, you need to hold the 'Home' key down along with the 'Power' key for no longer than 8-10 seconds or till the Apple logo be seen on your screen.
iPhone 7 Series:
Press the 'Sleep/Wake' key along with the 'Volume Down' key for approximately 8-10 seconds. If the Apple logo is visible on the screen, you can release your fingers from the buttons. Once your device reboots, you can check if the iOS 13 update gets stuck on 'Download and Install' again or not.
iPhone 8 to XS Series:
Press and loose the 'Volume Up' button. Repeat this with the 'Volume Down' button and then thumb down he 'Power' button till the time Apple logo flashes up on your screen. Let go of the button now and see if you can download and install iOS 12 now.
4. Reset Network Settings to Fix the Stuck Issues
There are times when some network settings in your device might get jumbled up and hence, disabling you to connect to a network. Unaware of such a case, you try refreshing but it doesn't work. But, you can still establish the network connection by simply resetting the network settings. For your convenience, we've jotted down these simple steps that must be followed to ensure you have successfully reset the network settings of your iPhone.
- Open 'Settings', navigate to the 'General' tab and then touch-tap on it.
- From the General tab, you need to scroll down for the 'Reset' button and then press it.
- After you tap the 'Reset' button, a new window will come up where you have to choose the 'Reset Network Settings' option. Confirm your action afterward and you're done.
We hope this will pave away all your network hindrances that might have been triggering "download and install iOS 13" stuck issues.
5. Try with Another iPhone
There can be a possibility that the Apple Server may have been experiencing service outages which is why the progress of the download and install of iOS 13 is not working. To confirm this problem, you can look out for any other iPhone and then try to update it to the latest iOS 13 version. If the same issue is occurring in another device, then there must be some interruption with the Apple Server. If in case, the result is positive, then the problem is either with your network connection or with your iOS device itself.