There are many reasons that you would like to restore iPhone 4/4s. You might also want to clearly factory reset your iPhone 4/4s because it is not working smoothly or you want to have a fresh start with the latest version of iOS. But I think most people want to restore iPhone 4/4s to sell for the newer version since iPhone 4 is old now. Resetting iPhone 4/4s with iTunes would be complicated for some users. This article will give you the step-by-step guide to iPhone 4/4s hard reset without iTunes.
How to Restore iPhone 4/4s without iTunes
Restoring iPhone 4/4s without iTunes is not hard for most people. It may be the simplest way to restore your iPhone 4/4s.
- Go to “Settings” app.
- Locate “General” and tab “Reset”.
- Choose “Erase All Content and Settings” . If needed, put in the password of your Apple ID to confirm.
Permanently Restore iPhone 4/4s, 100% Unrecoverable
Have you noticed that there are lots of recovery tools in the market, like iMyFone D-Back? Those recovery tools can retrieve any data or file which have not been overwritten yet. iPhone hard reset without iTunes just helps you to simply delete all content and settings on iPhone. We can also say that, iPhone hard reset without iTunes just make all the data on iPhone invisible. There is still possibility to retrieve them. It is not hard for recovery tools.
So to protect your data from such case, iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac has been developed. It has been made with advanced overwriting technology that it will completely erase your data beyond the chances of recovery. Following are some of the remarkable features you will find:
1 Erase All Data If you are planning to sell or gift your iPhone 4, then you can utilize the features of erasing all data. With this, you can simply scan iPhone 4 and wipe all the files off iPhone. It will not let any recovery tool recover your data.
2 Selectively Erase Private Data iMyFone Umate Pro allows you to selectively erase some specific files. In case if you want to keep your iPhone and it is not working, properly you can simply preview and select the files that you do not want totally from your iPhone and then completely erase them.
3 Erase Deleted Files If you have already deleted something and worry about the recovery, this one is suitable for you. Previously deleted files can be scanned out here. You can preview first and choose to erase them permanently.
4 1-Click Free Up Space This function can help you completely clean your iPhone by cleaning as many as 30+ types of junk files, temporary files, mass deleting photos and videos and managing a bulk of apps. You can also transfer your photos and videos to computer with it. If you do not want to delete photos, you can also losslessly compress photos, which saves you 75%+ photo storage.
iMyFone is trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world
3 Steps to Completely Restore iPhone 4 without iTunes
In order to erase all data using iMyFone Umate Pro you have to follow the given three steps:
1. Connect: You have to launch iMyFone Umate Pro on computer and connect your iPhone 4/4s with USB cable.
2. Erase: Now go to the option of “Erase All Data” and choose “Erase”.
3. Confirm: In order to confirm the process, type “delete” into the box and click “Erase Now”.
iPhone 4 Hard Reset without iTunes vs. “Erase All Data”
Deciding between the factory reset and iMyFone Umate Pro should not be a tough job because the advantages that you will enjoy with the iMyFone Umate Pro cannot be provided with a factory reset.
- Promise zero chance of recovery even with recovery tools.
- Two options of erasure: erase all data or individually erase some private data.
- Find out and completely erase previously deleted files.
Therefore, it is the time that you enjoy a clean iPhone 4 without worrying that anyone can access your private files. In the same way, you can also have fresh start with the latest software. So we can say that a new life will be given to your iPhone 4.
Bonus Tip: How to Complete iPhone 4 Setup and Restore Backup
After resetting, you need to complete iPhone 4 setup or restore your backup.
- Once greeted with the hello, select or type your basic settings like language, country, wifi, location and the iCloud account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of apple and then iCloud backup settings, select those that meet your requirements.
- The restoration will begin and all the backed up data will appear on your iPhone.