Hard reset simply means restoring a phone back to the state it was in when it left the manufacturers factory. Thus, restoring the phone back to its default state. Furthermore, a couple of reasons may prompt you to consider hard resetting your iPhone. One of which may be to wipe the phone clean and return it back to its default state for whatever reason and another may be related to solving various performance issues that may arise after you have used your device for a while. There are many useful ways to hard reset iPhone without iTunes below.
How to Hard Reset iPhone without iTunes
1 Hard Reset iPhone without iTunes via iMyFone iPhone Data Eraser
iMyFone Umate Pro for Win or for Mac is a completely safe and untraceable data eraser for the iPhone. The iMyFone Umate Pro allows you to view and see files you want to erase before you proceed, thereby ensuring that you permanently delete only the files that you intend to completely erase. Therefore, it can be used to hard reset iPhone/iPad without iTunes.
- Permanently delete all your files and data and ensure that they remain 100% unrecoverable.
- Scan for previously deleted files that are still recoverable and permanently delete them.
- Selectively delete data and files like, music, photos, video, Whatsapp messages, call records, Wechat messages and so on.
- Permanently delete fragments of data left behind by third-party applications and services.
- It’s highly recommended by many online medias, such as MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Steps to Hard Reset iPhone without iTunes:
To hard reset your iPhone using iMyFone Umate Pro, simply follow these steps;
Step 1: Download and launch the iMyFone Umate Pro software then connect your iPhone to your computer via your USB cable.
Step 2: Next, select the “Erase All Data” option and then click on the “Erase” button. In the accompanying window, you will be asked to confirm this action by typing “delete” in a box.
Step 3: To confirm the delete, you will have to type “Delete” in the security box. You can edit your security confirmation answer in the security level settings later on.
Step 4: Once you manually type “delete” in the box and click on the “Erase Now” button, your files will be permanently deleted.
Note: that files that are deleted using this method cannot be recovered.
2 Hard Reset iPhone without iTunes via Home and Power Button
You can also hard reset your iPhone using the Home and Power buttons;
Step 2: With your device connected, on the iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus; press and quickly release the Volume Up button, repeat the same process for the volume down button and then press and hold the side button till it displays the recovery mode screen.
On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus; press and hold the side and volume down button simultaneously until you see the recovery mode screen.
On iPhone 6s, iPad and earlier versions; Press and hold the Home and the Side buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 3: Once you see the recovery mode screen choose Restore. iTunes will attempt to reinstall your iOS without deleting your data.
Step 4: Configure your device after the update.
How To Hard Reset iPhone X without iTunes via Home and Power Button
When it comes to the iPhone X, hard Reset becomes a little bit trickier than you are used to. To hard reset the iPhone X without iTunes, simply follow the steps listed below;
Step 1: Quickly Press and Release the Volume up button.
Step 2: Repeat the number (1) step for the volume down button.
Step 3: Now, Press and hold the side button (Wake/Sleep button), do not release until the Apple logo comes up.
Step 4: Attempt to Reset the settings and the phone.
How to Reset iPhone Through Settings
Alternatively, you can Reset your iPhone under the settings tab. Simply follow the instruction below;
Step 1: Go to Settings>>General
Step 2: Navigate general settings by scrolling down and select “Reset”.
Step 3: Click on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Step 4: To confirm this process, you would be asked to provide your iPhone passcode if you had one before. Confirm the reset by tapping “Erase iPhone.”
Why People Choose iMyFone Umate Pro to Hard Reset an iPhone
- The iMyFone Umate Pro is completely safe and your privacy is taken seriously.
- It allows you to preview files before you delete them.
- You do not need to go through iTunes to use the iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone eraser software.
- Completely Easy to use and you can wipe your phone with one click or selectively choose the files or data you wish to delete.
- Data and files deleted with iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone eraser remain completely untraceable and unrecoverable.