The quality of iPhone camera is not in doubt as they come out very clear and crisp. However, one problem is that they can be large, which ends up taking a lot of storage space on your device. The iphone Photo size will likely vary depending on the type of camera used to take the photo. However, one thing to note is that they can be anywhere from 1.3 MB to as high as 4 MB in size and even more if the HDR feature of iPhone is used. Whatever the case, this takes a large chunk of your storage space which is not very good for your device.
How to Make iPhone Photos Smaller
There are many ways to resize your iPhone photos to make them smaller in order to reduce the space it takes, let us see some of them.
Method 1 Reduce photo size on iPhone Via Mail
This is one way you can make your photos smaller especially if you are sending them through mail. It is important to note that whenever you attach photo to an email on your iPhone, it always ask you if you would like to resize the photo before sending them. You can capitalize on the options involved to make your photos smaller. They options include large, medium, small and the actual size.
Method 2 Resize via Chat Apps
You can make your iPhone photos smaller by using chat apps like WeChat, Messenger and WhatsApp. This is because these apps naturally compress photos shared through them. What you need to do is to send these photos to yourself through the app and download the smaller photos it produces.
Method 3 Using iPhone App to reduce photo size
There are some apps that allow you resize your photos on iPhone. You can download them and use them to make your photos smaller. Among them, iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac - professional iPhone photo compressor – is recommended.
The iMyFone iPhone photo manager is the best way to manage as well as organize your photos in such a way that it saves a whole lot of space on your device which in turn improve its efficiency. iMyFone is trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known medias, such as macworld.co.uk, Makeuseof.com , Cultofmac.com etc.
- Compress Photos to Make Photos Smaller: This is the best tool that can help you make your photos smaller and in fact, it compresses photos so well that it reclaims up to 75% of your iPhone photo space.
- Auto Backup - Transfer iPhone Photo to PC: Before compression or deletion, the Umate Pro helps you to back up all your original photos to the PC and this goes a long way to secure your photos. Therefore, no matter what happens, your original photos will just be intact.
- Delete Multiple Photos in Bulk:The Umate Pro helps you to delete all the photos you do not need at once instead of selecting them one by one. The beauty of this is that it saves a lot of time.
- Permanently Erase Personal Photos: To avoid privacy leak, if you always share your iPhone with others or want to send it to repair, you’d better firstly erase your sensitive photos permanently, not only current photos but also previously deleted files, as the deleted files can be recovered by data recovery software.
How to Compress iPhone Photos with Umate Pro
The beauty of the Umate pro is that the process of compressing photos is just very easy and can be achieved in a matter of minutes. The following are the step by step guide to make iPhone photos smaller.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to Computer.
Step 2: Go to “Photos”, then Click on “Back up and Compress”: This will ensure that all your original photos is backed up on the PC for safety.
Step 3: Start compressing iPhone photos. At the end about 75% of photos storage is freed. This whole process takes a couple of minutes and your original photos are safely backed upon the PC.
Key Features of Umate Pro
The Umate Pro is the world’s number 1 iOS Space saver with an awesome privacy protection capability. The key features include:
- Clearing temporary files
- Cleaning Junk files
- Backing up and deleting large files
- Removing unwanted apps
- Permanent deletion of data and contents on iPhone
- Top class privacy protection
- 4 Erase modes to delete files in any kind of situation
- Easy to Use with few steps
- Technical support
- Fully compatible with iOS 10