“Hi, I have been trying to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 10.3 but I have trouble with my iPhone getting stuck in recovery mode. When I connect the iPhone to iTunes, a message appears saying that my iPhone is in recovery mode! I need help to get my iPhone out of recovery mode without losing any data. Please help me solve this issue.”
There are several ways you can get your device out of recovery mode. This article will share with you 3 different ways to do it.
1 Usual Steps to Exit iPhone Recovery Mode
Sometimes you may find that your iPhone will be stuck in recovery mode. Now, if you are wondering as to what are the possible steps which can help you get out of the mess and resume the normal working of the phone, here are the steps to exit the recovery mode under normal circumstances.
- Hold down and press the home and power button for about 15 seconds, this will shut off the iPhone.
- Press the power button to boot the iPhone. This should bring your iPhone out of the recovery mode.
2 Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode Using iTunes
If the first method doesn't work, try the following steps to get iPhone out of Recovery mode with the help of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer and you may receive a prompt which will display, “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
- Click the "Restore" button to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
If your device is still stuck in recovery mode, you can try to use a third party tool to fix this kind of iOS issues.
3 Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode without Data Loss (iPhone 7 Included)
In this situation, you can try iMyFone iOS System Recovery to get your iPhone out of recovery mode quickly without losing any data. Check the main features of this tool and the steps to get your iPhone out of recovery mode.
- Fix your iOS to normal from issues such as stuck in recovery mode, white screen, black screen or Apple Logo.
- It provides 3 modes: Standard mode, Advanced mode, and one click to exit Recovery mode solution.
- Supports nearly all iOS devices including iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 4 running iOS 11/10/9/8/7.
You can easily get your iPhone 7/SE/6s(Plus)/6(Plus)/5s/5c/5/4s/4 out of recovery with iMyFone iOS System Recovery software. Here are the steps on how you can do it without losing any data.
Step 1. Select Standard Mode
First, run iMyFone iOS System Recovery on your computer. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer and then choose the Standard Mode option.
Step 2. Download the Firmware
Choose a firmware to download. iMyFone iOS System Recovery will detect the matchable firmware for your device. Click on Download button to download the firmware.
Step 3. Get Your iPhone out of Recovery Mode
When the program has completed downloading the firmware, it begins to repair your iPhone. It will take a few minutes to get your iPhone out of recovery mode.
As you have seen, iMyFone iOS System Recovery is the ultimate tool that can fix your iOS device when it is stuck on Recovery mode or Apple logo for updating to iOS 11 or other reasons.