The Safari web browser is present on every iPhone but often you might discover that Safari disappeared from iPhone. You might be wondering where did the app go but there are numerous reasons for its disappearance.
These are the obvious reasons but there are other reasons too that can hide the Safari app icon. If you discover why Safari app disappeared from your iPhone, you don't have to worry anymore. You can easily get it back within a few minutes.
Situations You May Find Safari Disappeared from iPhone
Apple does not allow the users to delete the stock apps that come on the iPhones out-of-the-box. So, you cannot remove Safari from the iPhone, but it may be hidden or moved accidentally.
- Often the case of missing Safari app is that the Safari icon ends up in any one of the home screens or in some folder.
- It might also get hidden if you accidentally disable it through the Device Restrictions in Settings.
Common Solutions for Safari App Disappeared from iPhone
Luckily, the iPhone users can easily get the Safari app icon back in just a few minutes without harming the device.
Search Safari App on your iPhone
One of the quickest ways to get the Safari icon app is to use ‘Search’ on your iPhone.
- Swipe down from the middle of your device’s Home screen.
- A Search bar will appear. Touch it and enter “Safari” in the search field. As the search results get updated in real time, you will get suggestions as you type in the field.
- If you want to see more results, you can tap Show More. If the Safari app is hidden in any folder, the folder name will appear.
Disable Restrictions of Safari
If Safari disappeared from iPhone, you might have restricted it in the Settings of your device. You can easily recover it in simple steps.
- Launch Settings of your device and choose Screen Time.
- Tap on Content and Privacy Restrictions and enter the passcode if asked.
- In the next screen, tap on Allowed Apps.
- A list of apps will be displayed. Locate Safari and ensure that it is set to “ON” so that all the restrictions of Safari will be disabled.
- The Safari app icon will be back on the Home screen of your device.
Reset Home Screen
If you have accidentally moved the Safari app icon into another folder or shifted to some other Home screen, then resetting the Home screen will help you get back the app icon.
- Open Settings and tap on General and then Reset.
- From the list of options, choose “Reset Home Screen Layout”.
- On choosing this option, all the app icons will go back to their default positions on the Home screen.
- You can locate the Safari app icon to its default place on the Home screen of your device.
Restart Your iPhone/iPad
When you have done everything to get the Safari app icon back to your Home screen and if still, it does not appear, then restart your iPhone and check.
Top Solutions for Safari History/Bookmarks Disappeared
Losing Safari history or Bookmarks can be painful as you have to search all your favourite links and sites from the beginning. But due to iOS update or any other reason, Bookmarks can easily disappear from the iPhone. Recovering the Safari history is very simple and there are multiple methods to recover them.
Rely on D-Back When Safari Disappeared from iPhone without Data Loss
Many users often complain that Safari data disappeared from their iPhone but they find it a daunting task to recover the missing app data in their devices. iMyFone D-Back is one of the safest and reliable tools to recover the lost data from your iPhone. It allows you to recover data efficiently from iOS device or backups even when you have lost data because of virus attack, lost phone, accidental deletion, water spills, etc.
- Open iMyFone D-Back data recovery program after you have downloaded and installed it.
- Select “Recover from iOS Device” from the list of tabs on the left and click on “Start”.
- The program will detect the device as soon as you connect it to the computer and perform the trust. Now click “Next”.
- Many file types will be displayed on the next screen and choose “Safari History” under Memo & Others. Then click “Scan”.
- The program will start the scanning process. On completion, the selected files will be recovered and displayed. Just click “Recover and the Safari history will be recovered successfully to computer.
Why iMyFone D-Back?
iMyFone D-Back is an all-rounder when it comes to recovering the lost data, Safari history and bookmarks of your iPhone.
- It allows you to recover even if you have little to no technical knowledge about iPhone.
- It does not depend only on the backups which is not like iTunes and iCloud restore.
- It will not cause data loss which is not like iTunes and iCloud restore.
Official Ways with Complete Data Loss You should Know
Restore from iTunes or iCloud Backup
One of the safest ways to restore Safari history and bookmarks is to use iTunes or iCloud backup. These official methods are provided by Apple to safeguard the data of iPhone and iPad. If you once make a backup of iTunes or iCloud, of course you are allowed to recover data from the backups. However, there are some notes you must know:
- Restoring iTunes backup to your device will replace all current data on your device. Meanwhile you are not allowed to view the iTunes backup content, then you may choose the wrong one to restore.
- If you want to restore iCloud backup, you need erase all your contents and settings which will erase all your data and makes them unrecoverable. Like iTunes, you are not allowed to view all the iCloud backup content either.
Can these problems be avoided? YES! Just try iMyFone D-Back which offers free trial version before purchasing. It is simple to view the recoverable data within your device/iTunes backup/iCloud backup with simple clicks.
When you find that Safari disappeared from iPhone, you can use any of the methods to recover the app icon for your iPhone. Check all the ways and choose the one that you find it easy and quick to recover. Do you have any other method for solving the Safari app disappeared issue? Let us know in the comments section.