"Hi, I was excited to get iOS 11 in my iPhone 7 but the excitement vanished when I found my music app keeps crashing. It is not working and exiting as I open every time. Any advice why my Music app keeps crashing after iOS 11 update? Please help! Thanks."
There are many people who have found this problem after they installed the iOS 11. The iOS 11 comes with many new features and most people can’t stop themselves to get it installed on their device considering its amazing features. But at the same time the users also get disappointed when they come across with such kind of issue. If your Music app keeps crashing after iOS 11 update, keep reading and find some easy fixes for you. Let’s learn them.
6 Tips to Fix Music App Crashing in iOS 11
1. Hard Restart Your iPhone
Sometimes the simplest trick can work for the problems like Music app keeps crashing after iOS 11 update or any other. Try Hard restarting your iPhone and check if your problem still persists.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button + Home button (if you own iPhone 7 or above, hold Volume Down instead) until you see the boot animation of Apple logo appearing on the screen.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Music App
If the above solution didn’t resolved your issue then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Music App. Don’t know how to do it? No worries, read further we have listed the steps for your convenience.
- Press the Music app until there is a "X" on the top left corner, and then click the "X".
- Next, download the Music app from App Store, start it, and sign in with your credentials.
Now, check if your Music app keeps crashing after iOS 11 update or not. If it still happens to be crashing, read on the further solutions.
3. Check the Storage of Your iPhone
Not enough iPhone storage can also be one of the reasons behind the Music app crashing down or making it inactive. Make sure you have enough disk space available on your device.
- Launch "Settings" and hit "General". Now, scroll down and tap "Storage & iCloud Usage". Lastly, hit on "Manage Storage". This is the section where in you can monitor if your device is running out of storage or not.
4. Reset All Settings
If you didn’t have able to get over the problem that your Music app keeps crashing after iOS 11 update, you should then probably get all the settings reset on your device. Let’s discover how to do it.
- Open "Settings", push on "General" and hit "Reset". Lastly, hit "Reset all Settings" and then punch in the passcode if any to confirm your actions.
5. Fix Music App Keeps Crashing in iOS 11 without Data Loss
When the music app keeps crashing after iOS 11 update and keeps troubling you after trying all the above solutions, the possible reason might be that your device is stuck with an iOS issue. This can be fixed via a third-party tool and iMyFone iOS System Recovery ranks best for this purpose. This is a safe and risk-free program that fully takes care of your personal data while using.
- The tool offers 3 options: Standard Mode, Exit Recovery Mode, Advanced Mode. Your data will not be affected when using the Standard Mode.
- The program will help your device get back to normal by solving various iOS problems like iPhone stuck with recovery mode, black/white screen etc.
- The program supports almost all the iOS devices and iOS versions.
- No addition technical knowledge is needed when using this program.
How to Use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix Music App Crashing
Step 1 – Make initial move by running iMyFone iOS System Recovery on your PC and go to the "Standard Mode" panel as shown on the main screen.
Step 2 – Make sure to go along with the instructions given on the next interface in order to put your iPhone on DFU mode.
Step 3 – By entering the next interface, there is a requirement to download the latest version of firmware by just clicking on "Download" button. Since the program is able to recognize your device, it will effortlessly download latest version to your device.
Step 4 – In the last, end the process by clicking on "Start to Fix" option and within some time, the problem will begin to fix. Soon, your Music app won’t keep crashing in iOS 11 after the fixing.
6. Restore with iTunes
If you’ve made it this far, we understand your Music app is still crashing on your device. Try out this last resort of Restoring your iPhone with iTunes. This method would certainly clear out any issues within your iPhone but the worst part is it wipes off your entire data stored on your device. Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone with iTunes.
- Connect your device the PC and launch the latest version of iTunes.
- Tap on your iPhone icon and then hit "Restore iPhone" button available under "Summary" section.
- Push the "Restore" button again to confirm your action.
We often receive queries regarding different issues appearing after an iOS update. Since there is a release of the new iOS (iOS 11), many people nowadays gets major or minor glitches, we always make efforts to timely response you in order to make you out of the problem. We hope that your Music app won't crash in iOS 11 after reading this article.