From speed boost to free space, there are several advantages that can be enjoyed when the app data is cleared. How to clear app data on iPhone? For iOS 8.3 or above, you couldn't remove app caches, unless you uninstall the App, any other solution? From DIY to software support all the aspects will be covered in the latter part of this tutorial.
- DIY Method 1: Clear iOS App Data in Safari
- DIY Method 2: Uninstall & Reinstall Third-party Apps
- Software Support: Clear All App Data on iPhone: Useless App Junk Data, App Attachments, Texts etc.
DIY Method 1: Clear iOS App Data in Safari
For some built-in Apps, iOS offer the option of deleting App data, such as Safari, we can clear the Safari data with the help of the process which has been mentioned as under.
Step 1. The Settings app within the iPhone is to be selected to proceed with the process. Within the app the user needs to select Safari.
Step 2. The Safari stores website data to ensure that the future visits are made swift. Once the safari has been clicked on the next page, the clear history and website data is to be clicked.
Step 3. Once again, clear history and data is to be clicked. This confirms the action and the process ends here completely.
DIY Method 2: Uninstall & Reinstall Third-party Apps
For almost all Third-party Apps, there is not an option in iOS that can delete these iPhone app junk data directly. So the fastest way to clear up these app data is to delete these apps, and then reinstall them. And the process is rather easy, you just need to tap on the app which you want to delete, hold on until the "×" appear, tap on the "×" and you'll be able to delete the app.
The inconvenience of this method is that all your useful App files and data will also be removed, including some business conversations, important files etc. And this is a temporary solution, you'll need to uninstall the Apps again and again in the future.
Software Support: Clear All App Data on iPhone: Useless App Junk Data, Texts, App Attachments etc.
In fact, the app data can be divided into two categories, one is some invisible useless data, like junk files, temporary files, app caches etc, the other is your visible personal files, texts and attached photos/videos etc.
To save space and boost up iPhone, clear up invisible useless data should be done firstly, then we should deal with your huge visible data. And iMyfone Umate Pro / iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac can do all these:
- To clear invisible App data on iPhone, you should turn to the cleanup option of “Junk Files” and “Temp Files”.
- To delete visible iOS App data, the options of “Photos”, ”Large Files”, “Apps” in “1-Click Free Up Space” tab can do a lot. For more data types, like messages, contacts, attachments etc, you should choose “Erase Private Data”tab.
- In addition, after the above 2 process finished, you are highly suggested to “Erase Deleted Files” with Umate Pro, as deleted files won’t leave your iPhone at once, even though they are invisible, but they still exist on your iPhone before having been completely overwritten by new data. Despite the storage occupied by these files, if these deleted files are recovered by others with recovery software, then it may lead to privacy leak.
Part 1: Clear up Hidden Useless App Junk Data
To clear iPhone app data, such as app caches, cookies, crash logs,corrupted files etc., the user can follow the steps below. The processes are automated, the users just need to do several clicks then wait.
Step 1: Download and install the program. On successful installation the program is to be launched. The iOS device is then to be attached to the system so that the program detects it.
Step 2: Choose the "1-Click Free Up Space" mode. Then quick scan your iPhone.
Step 3: The "Clean" button is then to be pressed to clean the useless iPhone App data.
Part 2: Clear up Visible Personal Data: Texts, Attached Photos/Videos etc.
To remove these visible personal data, you should turn to the "Erase Private Data" mode of Umate Pro, then Scan you iPhone and select the files to be deleted.
Part 3: Permanently Erase Previously Deleted Files to Avoid Privacy Leak
iPhone is personal, it contains many private data, like bank account and passwords, personal photos and videos etc. To make sure that no one else could recovery your deleted sensitive data with a data recovery software, a permanent erasure is necessary.
Just go to the "Erase Deleted Files" mode, then let the program scan your device and find out all your files which have been deleted in the pass but now still existing on your device. After that, you just need to preview and select files and click on the "Erase Now" button.
As a powerful iPhone Cleaner, iMyfone Umate Pro can do much more for you iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
- Clear up 30+ hidden junk files and temporary files: including app caches/cookies/temp files/crash logs, user storage files, corrupted files etc.
- Decrease photo storage: for iPhone photos, there are 2 options to choose - compress or mass delete, and original photos will be backed up on your PC.
- Deal with large files: detect all large files over 5MB on your iPhone and list all them for bulk deletion.
- Manage Apps: list all apps installed in your iPhone and rank them according to their size, so you'll know clearly how much space have taken by each app for well management.
- Permanently Erase iPhone Data: Erase not only current files but also deleted files, all iOS file types supported, and the erased data is 100% unrecoverable, even with recovery software.