From speed boost to free space, there are several advantages that can be enjoyed when the app data is cleared. How to clear app data on iPhone? For iOS 8.3 or above, you couldn't remove app caches or other temps files, unless you uninstall the App, any other solutions? From DIY to software support all the aspects will be covered in the latter part of this tutorial.
DIY Method 1: Clear iOS App Data in Safari
For some built-in Apps, iOS offer the option of deleting App data, such as Safari, we can clear the Safari data with the help of the process which has been mentioned as under.
Step 1. The Settings app within the iPhone is to be selected to proceed with the process. Within the app the user needs to select Safari.
Step 2. The Safari stores website data to ensure that the future visits are made swift. Once the safari has been clicked on the next page, the clear history and website data is to be clicked.
Step 3. Once again, clear history and data is to be clicked. This confirms the action and the process ends here completely.
- Messages: clear message conversations and attachments.
- Mail: clear up old mail and attachments.
- Photo: turn off photo stream from Settings -> iCloud -> Photo Stream.
DIY Method 2: Uninstall & Reinstall Third-party Apps
For Third-party Apps, there is not an option in iOS that can delete these iPhone app data directly. So the fastest way to clear up these app data is to delete these apps, and then reinstall them. And the process is rather easy, you just need to tap on the app which you want to delete, hold on until the "×" appear, tap on the "×" and you'll be able to delete the app.
The inconvenience of this method is that all your App files and data will also be removed, including some business conversations, important files etc. And this is a temporary solution, you'll need to uninstall the Apps again and again in the future.
Software Support: Clear All App Data on iPhone in 1-Click
In fact, the app data can be divided into two categories, one is some invisible useless data, like junk files, temporary files, app caches etc, the other is your visible personal files, like photos, messages, videos etc. To save space and boost up iPhone, clear up invisible useless data should be done firstly, then we should deal with your huge visible data. And iMyfone Umate Pro / iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac can do all these:
- To clear invisible App data on iPhone, you should turn to the cleanup option of “Junk Files” and “Temp Files”.
- To delete visible iOS App data, the options of “Photos”, ”Large Files”, “Apps” in “1-Click Free Up Space” tab can do a lot. For more data types, like messages, contacts, notes etc, you should choose “Erase Private Data” tab.
- In addition, after the above 2 process finished, you are highly suggested to “Erase Deleted Files” with Umate Pro, as deleted files won’t leave your iPhone at once, even though they are invisible, but they still exist on your iPhone before having been completely overwritten by new data. Despite the storage occupied by these files, if these deleted files are recovered by others with recovery software, then it may lead to privacy leak.
How to Clear App Data in iPhone with Umate Pro
To clear iPhone app data, the user can follow the steps below. The processes are automated, the users just need to do several clicks then wait.
Step 1: Download and install the program. On successful installation the program is to be launched. The iOS device is then to be attached to the system so that the program detects it.
Step 2: Choose the cleanup mode you want from the tab. Then quick scan your iPhone.
Step 3: Selecte the items that are to be deleted. The clean/erase button is then to be pressed to clean the iPhone.
- Clear up 30+ hidden junk files and temporary files: including app caches/cookies/temp files/crash logs, user storage files, corrupted files etc.
- Decrease photo storage: for iPhone photos, there are 2 options to choose - compress or mass delete, and original photos will be backed up on your PC.
- Deal with large files: detect all large files over 5MB on your iPhone and list all them for bulk deletion.
- Manage App: list all apps installed in your iPhone and rank them according to their size, so you'll know clearlly how much space have taken by each app for well management.
- Permanently Erase iPhone Data: Erase not only current files but also deleted files, all iOS file types supported, and the erased data is 100% unrecoverable, even with recovery software.