Deleting data such as cookies can be a useful trick to save storage space as well as speed up your phone. Furthermore, it is a good precaution against privacy breaches. Many hackers target information stored in cookies to retrieve your passwords, bank account information etc.
Therefore, clearing unwanted data such as app or website cookies can be very beneficial. Below are some of the ways in which you can easily clear cookies on iPhone/iPad.
- Part 1: Free Way to Delete Cookies on iPhone for All Apps
- Part 2: Free Way to Clear Cookies on iPhone for Safari
- Part 3: Free Way to Remove Cookies from iPhone for Specific Websites
- Part 4: How to Permanently Clear Cookies on iPhone, 100% Unrecoverable
- Part 5: What Are Cookies? Why Should Clear Cookies on iPhone?
1. Free Way to Delete Cookies on iPhone for All Apps
How do I clear cookies on iPhone is best answered with the use of iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. This reliable cleaner does not only help you clear the Safari cookies, but also other App cookies. With it, you can quickly clear all cookies on iPhone in 1-click, and this is totally FREE!
Clean Junk: It also removes all App caches and crash logs occupying your iPhone memory space that are slowing down your iPhone performance. To use this app in deleting cookies, caches and crash logs from your iPhone, you have to follow the under listed simple steps.
STEP 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro, and connect your iOS device to your computer.
STEP 2: Click Quick Scan button for a full space-saving analysis on how much space can be saved.
STEP 3: Click Clean button besizes the Junk Files option to delete cookies on iPhone for all apps.
(You may notice that only 4 types of junk files are list, but it will also remove other useless files, like app cache files, app cookies files, app temp files, etc.)
iMyFone Also Has Features to Save Huge Space on iPhone:
- Clear Temporary Files: Delete downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files.
- Compress Photos: It will reclaim 75% of photo space but no damage photo quality.
- Mass Delete Photos & Videos: Delete in bulk all unwanted photos and videos, with auto back up for original files on PC.
- Manages Apps: You can remove apps in butch just in 1-click.
2. Free Way to Clear Cookies on iPhone for Safari
STEP 1: Open/launch the Settings application in iOS.
STEP 2: Scroll down to Safari and click on it.
STEP 3: Select Clear History and Website Data option at the bottom of the screen.
Harm of Cookies: Your Safari browser automatically retains browser history, cache and cookies when you visit a website in order to easily access that website the next time you visit. Most of these history data occupy memory spaces and tend to slow your iPhone down. On the other hand, the cookies can hinder your Safari browsing speed and make you hate your phone.
3. Free Way to Remove Cookies from iPhone for Specific Websites
It is a bit more complicated when it comes to deleting cookies for a specific website. Follow the steps outlined below to easily erase cookies for a specific website.
STEP 1: Go to the Settings app and tap Safari.
STEP 2: Scroll down and tap Advanced.
STEP 3: Tap on Edit. All the websites whose caches are stored in your device will be displayed.
STEP 4: Tap on the red minus icon for the website whose cookies you want to delete and then tap Delete.
4. How to Permanently Clear Cookies on iPhone, 100% Unrecoverable
Cookies should be erased permanently instead of being simply cleared!
Although the above methods are useful if you want to delete cookies on iPhone for specific websites or even for all websites, it's not much secure. Cookies deleted like that can be easily recovered by any hacker. As mentioned earlier, cookies can contain some very sensitive information such as your password and other private data.