When I delete a photo, it is because I don't want it to be seen. Why is it still on my iPad for apparently the next month? - Mark
Trash is available in iPhones and iPads and it is the place where the deleted files are temporarily stored. Usually, most of the files are deleted because they are no more needed. It is not needed to store them in trash, over time, the accumulation of deleted files will eat up too much iPad space. Thus why we should empty trash on iPad.
Part 1. Empty Email Trash on iPad
Now the question is how to empty trash on iPad? Let us have a look at the steps of empty email trash on iPad.
- First, open your email and click on the top left screen of Mailboxes.
- If you have more than one account on the iPad, go to “Accounts” and select the email account; If you are having only one email account then the trash folder will be visible directly in the set of folders.
- Click Trash folder > Edit > Delete All.
Part 2. Empty Photo Trash on iPad
We all have hundreds of photos on iPhone and iPad, the same with email, there also is a trash folder named "Recently deleted photos" in the photo app on your iPad. Imagine how much iPad space will be taken up by all the deleted pictures. Thus empty iPad trash of photo is necessary.
To do this, just open your Photos app, then tap on the Albums menu to open the list of albums, tap on Recently Deleted, and there is a "select all" button to empty the trash.
Part 3. Completely Empty iPad Trash: Remove All Junk & Deleted Files
Besides email and photo trash, there are also massive hidden junk and deleted files on iPad. They not only occupy massive iPad storage, but also effect the iOS performance. What’s more, for some files, we delete them because they are so private, and we don’t want anyone else to see it. If these sensitive data still exist on your iPad which can be recovered by data recovery software, it may lead to privacy leak.
It is very simple to use the program tp empty all your trash on iPad:
Step 1 Clear Up All Junk Files on iPad
You can download the free trial version of Umate Pro, which provides the free function of removing iOS junk files, this function is totally free.
You just need to connect your iPad > choose “1-Click Free Up Space” > scan the iPad and then click on "Clean" button of "Junk Files", then you can clear up all iPad junk files.
Step 2 Clear Up All Previously Deleted Files on iPad
Scan your iPad with the mode of "Erase Deleted Files", to know if you have sensitive deleted records on your iPad. If yes, select the files and click on "Erase Now" button to permanently erase them.
Powerful Functions of iMyfone Umate Pro
Umate Pro provides the all-in-one solution for iOS space saving & privacy protection. With the help of this program, you can free up huge storage for your iDevice in just one click and make your privacy secure by erasing permanently all your sensitive personal files.
- 1-Click Cleanup - With 25+ space saving technologies, it can scan and recognize the unnecessary junk and temporary files and delete them by 1-click, including app cache, cookies, crash logs, Corrupted files, downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files.
- Compress Photos - The compression will reclaim 75%+ of your photo storage, and original photos will be copied to your PC.
- Delete in Bulk - Mass delete photos/videos/Apps to get back huge storage, still you'll have an anuto backup for all the original photos on your PC.
- Erase Deleted Files - It detect and find out all previously deleted files on your iPad, you can preview them and select the files to erased permanently.
- Erase Private Data - This gives an option to preview your personal files on iPad and choose the sensitive ones to be erased, so as to avoid privacy leak.
- Erase All Data - If you plan to sell your iPad or send it to repair, then this option is suitable. It make sure all your data will be erased and the erased data cannot be retrieved with any recovery tool.
- 100% Unrecoverable - Normal deleted files can still be recovered, but Umate Pro will completely overwritten your erased files, so there is Zero opportunity to restore the data erased with Umate Pro. This is even much safer than the "Factory Reset".
- All iOS Files Types Supported - The program can erase all iOS files on your iPad, videos, photos, voicemail, message, attachments, web history, contacts, facetime data, WhatsApp, WeChat, SnapChat, iCloud ID, calendar, bookmarks etc.
You may want to delete trash files manually by accessing the trash folder from Mailbox or photos app. As you can see, this is very time-consuming since you will be deleting a number of things by going to each app individually. A quicker and easier way of deleting such files and other trash folders that may not appear upfront, is to use iMyfone Umate Pro. It is a very easy-to-use tool that gives you a lot of other options to clean up your device.