When I delete a photo, it is because I don't want it to be seen. Why is it still on my iPad for apparently the next month? I need this turned off. - Mark
Trash is available in iPhones and iPads and it is the place where the deleted files are temporarily stored. Usually, most of the files are deleted because they are no more needed. It is not needed to store them in trash, over time, the accumulation of deleted files will eat up too much iPad space. Thus why we should empty trash on iPad.
Part 1. How to Empty Email Trash on iPad ?
Now the question is how to empty trash on iPad? Let us have a look at the steps of empty email trash.
- First, open your email and click on the top left screen of Mailboxes.
- If you have more than one account on the iPad, go to “Accounts” and select the email account; If you are having only one email account then the trash folder will be visible directly in the set of folders.
- Click Trash folder > Edit > Delete All.
Part 2. How to Empty Photo Trash on iPad ?
We all have hundreds of photos on iPhone and iPad, the same with email, there also is a trash folder named "Recently deleted photos" in the photo app on your iPad. Imagine how much iPad space will be taken up by the deleted pictures. Thus empty iPad trash of photo is necessary.
To do this, just open your Photos app, then tap on the Albums menu to open the list of albums, tap on Recently Deleted, and there is a "select all" button to empty the trash.
Part 3. How to Empty All Deleted Files on iPad?
Besides email and photo trash, there are also massive hidden deleted files on iPad. They not only occupy massive iPad storage, but also effect the iOS performance. What’s more, for some files, we delete them because they are so private, and we don’t want anyone else to see it. If these sensitive data still exist on your iPad and can be recovered by recovery software, it may lead to privacy leak.
To avoid that, you can use iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac, which can detect and permanently erase almost all the invisible previously deleted files on your iPad. You can download the free trial version and scan your iPad with the mode of "Erase Deleted Files", to know if you have sensitive deleted records on your iPad.
It is very simple to use the program tp empty all your deleted files. You just need to connect the iOS device > choose “Erase Deleted Files” > scan the iPad and then you can erase all your deleted files by one click.
Powerful Functions of iMyfone Umate Pro
Umate Pro provides the all-in-one solution for iOS space saving & privacy protection. With the help of this program, you can free up huge storage for your iDevice in just one click and make your privacy secure by erasing permanently all your sensitive personal files.
- 1-Click Cleanup - With 25+ space saving technologies, it can scan and recognize the unnecessary files and delete them by 1-click. It also calculates how much space can be reclaimed.
- Erase Deleted Files - It detect and find out all previously deleted files on your iPad, you can preview them and select the files to erased permanently.
- Erase Private Data - This gives an option to preview your personal files on iPad and choose the sensitive ones to be erased, so as to avoid privacy leak.
- Erase All Data - If you plan to sell your iPad or send it to repair, then this option is suitable. It make sure all your data will be erased and the erased data cannot be recovered by any recovery tool.
- 100% Unrecoverable - Normal deleted files can still be recovered, but Umate Pro will completely overwritten your erased files, so there is Zero opportunity to restore your data erased with Umate Pro. This is even much safer than the "Factory Reset".
- All iOS Files Types Supported - The program can erase all iOS files on your iPad, videos, photos, voicemail, message attachments, web history, contacts, facetime data, iCloud ID, calendar, bookmarks etc.
You may want to delete trash files manually by accessing the trash folder from Mailbox or photos app. As you can see, this is very time-consuming since you will be deleting a number of things by going to each app individually. A quicker and easier way of deleting such files and other trash folders that may not appear upfront, is to use iMyfone Umate Pro. It is a very easy-to-use tool that gives you a lot of other options to clean up your device.