iPhone photo cache is a group of cache files which are found in iPhoto library and are located in a folder named “ipod photo cache”. It is important to note that when you sync photos to your iPhone 7, iTunes will create this folder, which is then used to store your cache files. Also note that iTunes uses “ipod” as a legacy name for the folder even if the cache in question is for iPhone, iPad or iPod device. These photos will continue to stay in the cache folder even after you have deleted them from your iPhone 7, taking up some considerable space and may required to be deleted to free some space.
How to View iPhone 7 Photo Caches
The following are steps that are required to view iPhone 7 photo caches:
- Connect iPhone to the computer using USB cable. But note that if you selected Wi-Fi for syncing iTunes, then connect iPhone 7 to power instead.
- Open iTunes app on your computer.
- Select your iPhone in the “devices” area.
- View “Sync photos from” which contains the folders and sub folders by clicking on “Photos” tab.
- Go through each folder on your computer.
- Find the “iPod Photo Cache” folder in the open window.
- Then double click on the folder, when it opens, view the content.
How to Delete iPhone 7 Photo Caches on PC and Mac
There is always a time where your phone space will be clogged with app caches. Remember that as long as you regularly sync your photos with your PC or Mac, iTunes will always create an iPhone photo cache folder which will serve as a backup for all sync images on your device. This means that you will have to delete these iPhone photo caches to free up space on your device and speed up your device.
There are some easier ways to clean your iPhone 7 cache. The most recommended is the iMyfone Umate Free – totally free iPhone cache cleaner. To use it, all you just need is to download the free app and it does its job by providing a one click solution for IOS users.
iMyfone Umate is the world’s no 1 iPhone cleaner to free up space for your iOS devices which helps to clean up all junk files including cookies, caches, temporary files etc. Using iMyfone Umate Free to clear iPhone 7 photo caches is just simple by following the steps below:
Step 1: First download and install the iMyfone Umate software on your PC/Mac and open the application.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to your computer. Note that iTunes must be installed on your computer.
Step 3: Click on “Quick Scan” to know storage space of your iPhone.
Step 4: Select Cache files you want to delete and click “ Clean”.
This is just it. iMyfone Umate cleans your device within minutes and ensure your device is restored to a better state.
Mostly by clearing up junk files and temporary files, you can get several GB storage back, this depend on how many unnecessary files have you stored on your iPhone. However, if you still want to get more storage back, you should try iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac which have more powerful functions and surely to free up huge storage for your iPhone.
- Clean 30+ hidden junk files with a click
- Clear temporary files to improve iPhone 7 performance
- Photo manager - Compressing photos losslessly & mass deleting photos
- Auto detect and selectively delete large files over 5MB to free space
- App manager - one click to mass remove unwanted Apps
- Data eraser - permanently erase private iOS data, 100% unrecoverable
Note: Free version of iMyfone Umate have only a Windows version, but the full version have both a windows version and Mac version. Choose the right version to download and have a try!