As iPhone users, encountering the alert “iPhone storage almost full” is pretty familiar. And you may ask: "why? I don’t think I have overused it? I just have several third party apps and less than 50 songs! Why iPhone says storage almost full when it's not? " Well, let us analyze the reasons and discuss the solutions to fix it.
Common Reasons Leading to iPhone Storage Full Error
2. Shoot or download too many photos and videos.
3. Too many previously deleted files still exist on your iPhone.
So in the course of using iPhone, more and more data is piled up on iPhone, visibly and invisibly, especially for these 16GB iPhone 5S/5C/SE. iPhone storage full error lead to not only can not take more photos /videos, it may even lead to black screen or iPhone freezing!
How to Fix iPhone Storage Almost Full Problem
Is there any easy and effective method to solve the issue when iPhone keeps saying storage is almost full? Let's check the solutions one by one.
1 Clear up Junk Files, App Caches
One of the reasons your iPhone storage gets full is the failure to clear up app caches and some junks. iMyFone Umate Pro / iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac can do this well, it has a FREE but powerful function of deleting all hidden junk files on iPhone, including App caches, cookies, crash logs, corrupted files etc.
No need to open each app and browser, no need to search junk files in different pages/apps, and no need to worry about deleting important files, Umate Free offers you an handy solution to clean all types of junk & temporary files by one-click.
2 Bulk Delete Photos and Videos
Due to the superb video and photo quality of iPhone, there is always a tendency of taking too much photos and videos which tend to eat up so much space on your iPhone. You can delete these videos and photos using the normal delete button on your device. However, if you'are looking for a better solution, then, try iMyFone Umate Pro! The program can do a lot for you.
- Compress iPhone Photos: This can release 75% of your photo storage without any deletion. The compression won’t lead to quality loss. Original photos will be backed up on your PC automatically.
- Transfer Photos to PC: For unwanted photos, this program give you the option to quickly select and transfer all them to PC in just several seconds. Original photos will be deleted from iPhone to recovery iPhone storage.
- Transfer Videos to PC: Umate Pro can find all the videos whose sizes are over 5MB on your iPhone. Now you can filter these videos according to any size you set to delete. Also original videos will be deleted from iPhone.
3 Permanently Erase All Deleted Files
Normal deletion of files through your device Delete button is not enough because files deleted can be easily recovered. However, if you have already deleted your files that way, iMyFone Umate Pro will scan your device for free, identify already deleted files and erase them permanently so that it cannot be recovered even with data recovery tools. This will restore your storage space and also protect your privacy.
Steps of Using Umate Pro to Fix Storage Full Error
Step 1: Free download the program and run it, then connect your iPhone.
Step 2: Choose the cleanup mode to use: if just want a normal deletion, choose "1-Click Free Up Space"; if want to permanently erase your data, choose from "Erase All Data", "Erase Deleted Files" and "Erase Private Data".
Step 3: Click "Clean"/"Erase Now" to start iPhone cleanup.
3 Little Tricks to Save iPhone Storage
The following are some free tricks that could help you save some storage space on your iPhone.
- Find how much space you actually have: If you do not monitor your storage space, you may find it difficult save your iPhone storage space. Find out how much space you have left and determine which of the applications are consuming your storage space the most. Identifying these will help you manage and save space on your iPhone device.
- Remove Unused Apps: Most iPhone users are guilty of having too many apps which arte unused and unfortunately this contribute so much in eating up their storage space. One little trick to manage this situation is to always remove unused apps which has accumulated over months or years from your device. Deleting these apps will clear up your storage space.
- Delete Videos When You Watch Them Note that videos take up more storage space than most other data. Since you cannot stop downloading and watching videos on your device, it is better to always delete them when you watch them.