Is your iPhone saying "no storage space" when you just bought it three months ago? Would you like to know why that notification is popping up everything you want to record or download videos, apps and other files? Let me start by asking you this question, can you guess the most data hungry feature in iPhone 7? I believe your answer is as good as mine is. Yes, it is the ultra-high definition 4K video recorder.
The iPhone 7 camera is a huge storage hog; iPhone 7 has 12-megapixel camera that can shoot 4K videos, which can take up 362MB of your storage space every minute. This implies that a 16GB iPhone 7 will not have storage space left after 30 minutes when using 4K video recording. This is not exclusive to iPhone 7, other iPhone 7 versions comes with 1080p video recorder that occupies 124MB of storage space per minute. Maybe you are still in doubt, let check your iPhone 7 video sizes.
Easy steps for checking iPhone 7 video sizes
- Step 1: Select the video you would like to check its file size.
- Step 2: Select the More Options and click on the Send icon.
- Step 3: Choose mail.
- Step 4: Enter your own mail address.
- Step 5: If the video file size is too large iOS will ask you if you will like to use Mail Drop to send your mail, the prompt dialogue asking you this question will show the video file size.
How to reduce iPhone 7 camera resolution from Settings
By reducing iPhone 7 camera resolution, you have automatically reduced the resolution of all videos your iPhone 7 will shoot. Subsequently, It is easy to reduce your iPhone 7 video camera resolution size from the Settings panel. This can be done through the following steps.
- Step 1: Go to your iPhone settings.
- Step 2: From Settings, select Photo & Camera.
- Step 3: Select Record Video or Slow-mo
- Step 4: Select your preferred camera resolution from the available options.
How to compress iPhone 7 Video using QuickTime Player
The procedures for compressing most video files entail resizing the video dimension and decreasing its frame. You may not be able to use free version of the Apple's QuickTime to compress videos. You may need to buy the pro version in order to proceed with us through the following steps.
Step 1: Download and install the pro version of QuickTime.
Step 2: Go to File Menu and select Open File, a file browser window will pop up for you to choose the file you want to play. Enter the video title you want to compress and browse.
Step 3: Go back to File menu and click on "Export", this would open the "Save The Export File As" menu. Go down to the bottom of the menu and select "Export" and then "Movie to QuickTime Movie" for video and audio settings.
Step 4: Select "Setting" to change the compression type for the audio and video.
Step 5: When you are done with the setting, double click on "Ok" to exit from settings to "Save Exported Files".
This will prompt you so choose a name and location for the files.
Then press the "save" button to start compressing your iPhone 7 videos.
How to use iMyfone Umate to Backup and Delete your videos
iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac offer a efficient way of cleaning up unwanted videos from your iPhone. It allows you the chance to individually analyze, backup and delete your iPhone 7 videos. It also offers general analysis of your iPhone storage space and a one click to reclaim them. The following is how you can utilize it in solving your iPhone 7 video size problems.
- One Click to Clean all the Junk Files on iPhone
- Clear Temporary Files to Release Huge iPhone Space
- Compress losslessly and Backup Photos to Free up Sapce
- Selectively Delete Large Files to Save More iPhone Storage
- Remove Unused Apps to get iPhone Space Back
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC using a USB cable. From your pc, double click on iMyfone Umate icon to launch the app. If you do not have iMyfone Umate in your pc, you can download it from our site and install it in your PC.
Step 2: Scan your iOS devices for a full space saving-analysis.
Step 3: Select large file, click "Clean', and then select the videos which exceed 5 MB to remove by clicking "Back up & Delete", iMyfone Umate will back up all the selected files to your PC and then delete them from your iOS device.
Other functions of iMyfone Umate iPhone Cleaner
There are other features and functions of iMyfone Umate, which are relevant in helping you regain your iPhone storage space.
- iMyfone Umate is functional and effective in deleting junk files generated by third party apps.
- It can be used in erasing temporary files from your iPhone.
- It can reclaim75% of photo storage space by compressing photos losslessly, backing up and deleting them off your iPhone 7.
- It can be used to deleting large files.
- It is effective in removing unused appswith one-click.
- It can be used on any iDevice.