Everytime you want to record or download videos, "no storage space" popping up? The iPhone camera is a huge storage hog; iPhone has 12-megapixel camera that can shoot 4K videos, which can take up 350MB of your storage space every minute.
This implies that a 16GB iPhone will not have storage space left after 30 minutes when using 4K video recording. This is not exclusive to the newest iPhone, other old iPhone versions comes with 1080p video recorder that occupies 130MB of storage space per minute. Maybe you are still in doubt, let check your iPhone 7 video sizes.
- Part 1: How to Check iPhone Video Sizes
- Part 2: How to Reduce iPhone Camera Resolution from Settings - Free
- Part 3: How to Reduce iPhone Video File Size with QuickTime Player - Paid
- Part 4: How to Transfer Large iPhone Videos to PC & Recovery iPhone Storage
- Part 5: How to Permanently Erase iPhone Videos to Avoid Privacy Leak
Part 1: How to Check iPhone Video Sizes
Step 2: Go to Albums tab at the bottom and then choose Videos.
Step 3: Hit Select at the top right corner and tap the video you want to know size.
Step 4: Select the Share button at the bottom left and click on Mail.
Step 5: Tap To field and enter your email address.
Step 6: Tap Send. It will ask you to select the video size to send. You can find the actual size of the video there.
Part 2: How to Reduce iPhone Camera Resolution from Settings - Free
Step 1: Go to your iPhone Settings app.
Step 2: From Settings, select Photo & Camera.
Step 3: Select Record Video.
Step 4: Select your preferred camera resolution from the available options.
Part 3: How to Reduce iPhone Video File Size with QuickTime Player - Paid
The procedures for compressing most video files entail resizing the video dimension and decreasing its frame. You may not be able to use free version of the Apple's QuickTime to compress iPhone videos. You may need to buy the pro version in order to proceed with us through the following steps.
Step 1: Download and install the pro version of QuickTime.
Step 2: Go to File Menu and select Open File, a file browser window will pop up for you to choose the file you want to play. Enter the video title you want to compress and browse.
Step 3: Go back to File Menu and click on Export, this would open the Save The Export File As menu. Go down to the bottom of the menu and select Export and then Movie to QuickTime Movie for video and audio settings.
Step 4: Select Setting to change the compression type for the audio and video.
Step 5: When you are done with the setting, double click on OK to exit from settings to Save Exported Files.
This will prompt you so choose a name and location for the files. Then press the "save" button to start compressing your iPhone videos.
Part 4: How to Transfer Large iPhone Videos to PC & Recovery iPhone Storage
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac offers an efficient solution to deal with the large iPhone videos. All the videos on your iPhone will be found out. You can choose to transfer videos to computer and delete them from iPhone to gain huge storage back.
It also offers general analysis of your iPhone storage space and a one-click process to reclaim them. The following is how you can utilize it in solving your iPhone video size problems.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC using a USB cable. Launch iMyFone Umate Pro. If you do not have the program in your computer, you can download it from above.
Step 2: Choose the Large Files tab from the home interface.
Step 3: It will scan your iPhone videos. Select the videos to remove by clicking "Back up & Delete".
Note: You can also check size of each video here.
Part 5: How to Permanently Erase iPhone Videos to Avoid Privacy Leak
There are multiple methodes to delete videos from iPhone, however, deletion doesn't mean all, the deleted iPhone videos can be easily recovered by data recovery software. To avoid privacy leak, for some personal videos, we suggest you to permanently erase them, as the data erased by Umate Pro are completely overwritten and cannot be recovered by any software. Umate can do lot for you:
- Permanently Erase Videos: It gives you the option to completely erase private videos to avoid privacy leak. The erased videos wouldn't be recovered by any data recovery software.
- Erase Deleted Videos: If you have deleted some sensitive videos, you should know that simple deletion is not enough to make your privacy 100% secure, you should give these deleted files a permanent erasure, so no one can get access to them.
- Erase Attached Videos: Umate Pro can erase not only videos taken by iPhone camera, but also WhatsApp attached videos and SMS attached videos.
To erase iPhone videos using Umate Pro, you just need to follow the simple steps metionned above.
Other functions of iMyFone Umate iPhone Cleaner
There are other features and functions of iMyFone Umate, which are relevant in helping you regain your iPhone storage space.
- iMyFone Umate is functional and effective in deleting 30+ hidden junk files generated by third party apps, and this function is totally FREE!
- It can be used in erasing invisible temporary files from your iPhone.
- It can reclaim at least 75% of photo storage space by compressing photos losslessly, backing up and deleting them off your iPhone.
- It is effective in removing unused apps with one-click.