Everytime you want to record or download videos, "no storage space" popping up? The iPhone camera is a huge storage hog; iPhone has 12-megapixel camera that can shoot 4K videos, which can take up 350MB of your storage space every minute.
This implies that a 16GB iPhone will not have storage space left after 30 minutes when using 4K video recording. This is not exclusive to the newest iPhone, other old iPhone versions comes with 1080p video recorder that occupies 130MB of storage space per minute. Maybe you are still in doubt, let check your iPhone 7 video sizes.
- Part 1: How to Check iPhone video sizes
- Part 2: How to Reduce iPhone Camera Resolution
- Part 3: How to Transfer Large iPhone Videos to PC and Recovery iPhone Storage
- Part 4: How to Permanently Erase iPhone Videos to Avoid Privacy Leak
- Part 5: How to Reduce iPhone Video File Size with QuickTime Player
Part 1: Easy Steps for Checking iPhone video sizes
Step 1: Select the video you would like to check its file size.
Step 2: Select the More Options and click on the Send icon.
Step 3: Choose mail.
Step 4: Enter your own mail address.
Step 5: If the iPhone video is too large, iOS will ask you if you will like to use Mail Drop to send your mail, the prompt dialogue asking you this question will show the video file size.
Part 2: Reduce iPhone Camera Resolution from Settings
By reducing iPhone camera resolution, you have automatically reduced the resolution of all videos that your iPhone will shoot. Subsequently, It is easy to reduce your iPhone video size from the Settings panel.
Step 1: Go to your iPhone settings.
Step 2: From Settings, select Photo & Camera.
Step 3: Select Record Video or Slow-mo.
Step 4: Select your preferred camera resolution from the available options.
Part 3: Transfer Large iPhone Videos to PC and Recovery iPhone Storage
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac offer an efficient solution to deal with the too large iPhone videos. The program will list all your iPhone videos, you just need to select videos and click the button "Backup & Delete", then all selected iPhone videos will be transferd to your PC or Mac, and you will gain huge storage back as these large videos are now deleted from your iPhone.
It also offers general analysis of your iPhone storage space and a one-click process to reclaim them. The following is how you can utilize it in solving your iPhone video size problems.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC using a USB cable. From your pc, double click on iMyFone Umate icon to launch the app. If you do not have iMyFone Umate in your pc, you can download it from our site and install it in your PC.
Step 2: Choose the "1-Click Free Up Space" mode and scan your iOS devices for a full space saving-analysis.
Step 3: Select "Large Files", click "Clean', and then select the videos to remove by clicking "Back up & Delete".
Part 4: Permanently Erase iPhone Videos to Avoid Privacy Leak
There are multiple methodes to delete videos from iPhone, however, deletion doesn't mean all, the deleted iPhone videos can be easily recovered by data recovery software. To avoid privacy leak, for some personal videos, we suggest you to permanently erase them, as the data erased by Umate Pro are completely overwritten and cannot be recovered by any software. Umate can do lot for you:
- Permanently Erase Videos: It gives you the option to completely erase private videos to avoid privacy leak. The erased videos wouldn't be recovered by any data recovery software.
- Erase Deleted Videos: If you have deleted some sensitive videos, you should know that simple deletion is not enough to make your privacy 100% secure, you should give these deleted files a permanent erasure, so no one can get access to them.
- Erase Attached Videos: Umate Pro can erase not only videos taken by iPhone camera, but also WhatsApp attached videos and SMS attached videos.
To erase iPhone videos using Umate Pro, you just need to follow the simple steps metionned above.
Other functions of iMyFone Umate iPhone Cleaner
There are other features and functions of iMyFone Umate, which are relevant in helping you regain your iPhone storage space.
- iMyFone Umate is functional and effective in deleting 30+ hidden junk files generated by third party apps, and this function is totally FREE!
- It can be used in erasing invisible temporary files from your iPhone.
- It can reclaim at least 75% of photo storage space by compressing photos losslessly, backing up and deleting them off your iPhone.
- It is effective in removing unused apps with one-click.
Part 5: Reduce iPhone Video File Size with QuickTime Player
The procedures for compressing most video files entail resizing the video dimension and decreasing its frame. You may not be able to use free version of the Apple's QuickTime to compress iPhone videos. You may need to buy the pro version in order to proceed with us through the following steps.
Step 1: Download and install the pro version of QuickTime.
Step 2: Go to File Menu and select Open File, a file browser window will pop up for you to choose the file you want to play. Enter the video title you want to compress and browse.
Step 3: Go back to File menu and click on "Export", this would open the "Save The Export File As" menu. Go down to the bottom of the menu and select "Export" and then "Movie to QuickTime Movie" for video and audio settings.
Step 4: Select "Setting" to change the compression type for the audio and video.
Step 5: When you are done with the setting, double click on "Ok" to exit from settings to "Save Exported Files".
This will prompt you so choose a name and location for the files. Then press the "save" button to start compressing your iPhone videos.