Don’t have enough free storage space in your iPhone to capture new photos? Does your iPhone get stuck if playing high end games on it? Are you looking forward to sell your iPhone just because you don’t have enough storage space on it?
Then you don’t need to worry about anything because you are not the only person who experiences these issues. However, in order to get rid of these issues, you don’t need to do anything silly. Even though you are not aware, a lot of free space in your iPhone has been acquired by files, that is "Documents and Data" on iPhone, which you really don’t use. You just need to figure out those files and delete them from your iPhone.
What is “Documents and Data” on iPhone?
If you check on online forums, you would figure out that a lot of free iPhone space has been acquired by documents and data. What is these Documents and Data on iPhone?
When you have a look at your iPhone, you would figure out that some apps in your device are consuming a lot of storage space. Go to Setting > Genral > Usage, tap on such an application, you would see that “Documents and Data” are the culprits of it.
However, you will not be able to delete these "Documents and Data", because they are highlighted in gray color. You will not even be able to click on them. Then, isn’t there a convenient option available to delete documents and data on iPhone?
How to Clear “Documents and Data” on iPhone
Method 1 Uninstall & Reinstall Apps
This can be considered as a straight method available to delete document and data on iPhone and get some free space back. In fact, it would be the easiest way available for you to clear up iPhone documents and data.
In order to delete the app, you will need to tap on an icon and press on the “x” mark. Then you can visit the App Store, search for that app and reinstall it on your device.
This method can help you to clear all the data that is associated with it. However, you need to make sure that the data in your app is not backed up to iCloud. Or it might be auto synced to your iPhone later.
Method 2 Delete Data If Possible
You can also think about deleting data, as some app have the option of deleting document and data within it, such as Safari. In order to do that, you will need to open the applications one by one and tap on delete documents and data option. However, you need to keep in mind that some data files cannot be deleted with this option. In addition, this is a very time consuming process as well.
The following are somen documents and data on iPhone that can be deleted:
- Safari: clear cache, reading list, history, cookies
- Messages: clear message attachments, old conversations
- Mail: clearing out old mail and attachments
- iTunes: Music, Movies & TV Shows, Thumbnail cache
- Voicemail: Delete all voicemail
Method 3 iMyfone Umate Pro - Delete All Kinds of "Document and Data" from iPhone
The most effective way to delete "Documents and Data" from iPhone is to use a professional iPhone Cleaner. iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac can be considered as a perfect example to prove the above mentioned fact. With this iPhone cleaner, everything become so easy.
- It can detect and find out all these unuseful "Documents and Data", so you don't need to check "Doucnment and Data" from one App to antoher.
- It delete only junk files, won't remove any important files, you won't lost data by deleting this "Doucnment and Data" from iPhone.
- This will be time saving, all will be done in just one click, and you'll know clearly how many storage you can get back by doing this, as the program will show you the space saving results.
- Umate can detect and list all large files, so you can preview and mass delete them to save huge iPhone storage.
- Except the unuseful files, Umate also provides the space saving solution for useful files, it can compress photos to recliam 75% of photo space, also can bulk delete all photos with an auto backup for the original photos on your PC.
Key Features of iMyfone Umate Pro
- Scan your iPhone and clean 30+ hidden junk files with a click.
- Clear all invisible temporary files hidden in each app.
- Compressing photos losslessly & mass deleting multiple photos.
- Detect all large files over 5MB, you can preview and selectively bulk delete them.
- List all apps according to their size, so you can selectively mass remove all unwanted Apps.
- Privacy protection - permanently erase private iOS data: current personal files + deleted sensitive files, 100% unrecoverable.
In fact, it would be the most convenient method available for you to clear documents and data on iPhone. You just need to install this application on your desktop computer, connect your iPhone and delete all the documents and data files that can be detected.
This method would assist you to get rid of the files, which cannot be deleted as well. Therefore, any iPhone user who is struggling with free storage space can download it without a doubt on mind.
Documents and data will remain one of the main contributors to storage space problems in your iPhone device. A quick check on your iPhone will show that it consumes a large chunk of your storage space and requires attention if you must get the maximum benefit out of your iPhone.
Some ways to clear “Documents and Data” have been discussed but it is important to note that some of them have their own shortcomings. For example, uninstalling and re-installing the applications as a way of solving this problem is not adequate because the data can be auto synced to your iPhone later especially if it is backed up to iCloud. Also, deleting data normally is risky because it offers no guarantee for your data privacy except with Imyfone Umate Pro which has the advantage of permanently erasing your data so that it can never be retrieved by anyone no matter how strong the data recovery software can be and that makes it the best solution.