You can also read this guide in Français.
Don’t have enough free storage space in your iPhone to capture new photos? Does your iPhone get stuck if playing high end games on it? Are you looking forward to sell your iPhone for new iPhone X just because you iPhone run slower and slower?
iPhones are known for theіr lack of upgradable hardware storage. You might run out of space on your iPhone after accumulating files and Apps. Even though you are not aware, a lot of free space in your iPhone has been acquired by various files, that is "Documents and Data" on iPhone, which you really don’t use.
What is “Documents and Data” on iPhone?
When you go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage on iPhone, you will know it very much that each app occupies how much space. When you go into app, you will find that app Document and Data occupies much more space than the app itself. The more frequently you use an app, the more Document and Data it has.
"Document & Data" is everything that stored in the app. Some of them are useless, and some of them may be important for you.
- Useless Document & Data: cache, corrupted files, crash logs, user storage files, temporarily downloaded files, etc.
- Useful Document & Data: chats, sent & received messages, downloaded files, photos, videos, attached files, etc.
You will not be able to delete "Documents and Data" from Settings. But isn’t there a convenient option available to delete documents and data on iPhone?
3 Reasons for Deletіng Document and Data on iPad
- When the memory іs full you have limited space and you will be unable to save other files or documents.
- Your іpad may start getting slow іn actіon and it may be due to the presence useless documents and data’s saved on the iPad.
- If you have a virus on your iPad.
How to Clear “Documents and Data” on iPhone? (iOS 14 Supported)
1. Preview & Selectively Clear All Kinds of Document and Data on iPhone
The most effective way to delete "Documents and Data" from iPhone is to use a professional iPhone Cleaner. iMyFone Umate Pro can be considered as a perfect example to prove the above mentioned fact. With this iPhone cleaner, clearing document and data is much easier:
- Clear all hidden but useless document and data for all apps once at a time, including cache, corrupted files, crash logs, temporarily downloaded files,etc.
- Seletively clear some documents and data on iPhone: messages, call logs, Safari data, notes, voice memos, etc.
- Clear WhatsApp/WeChat/Kik/Viber: chat history, messages, photos, videos, and other attached files.
- Erase traces left by third-party apps: Snapchat, Facebook, WhatsApp, Chrome, Twitter, etc.
- Erase the unvisible previously deleted iOS data, including messages, call history, photos, videos etc.
- Recently received feedback from famouse media: MacWorld, macbed.com, getintopc.com, etc.
In fact, it would be the most convenient method available for you to clear documents and data on iPhone. You just need to install this application on your desktop computer.
3 Steps to Delete Useless Documents and Data" on iPhone
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone iPhone Cleaner on your PC. Link your iPhone to it with USB cable.
Step 2: Hit Quick Scan from the home interface. When scan finishes, it will show you how much storage can be cleaned up on your iPhone.
Step 3: Hit Clean button of Junk Files, check the files that you want to cleared is checked. Click "Clean" button to clear.
This method would assist you to get rid of the files, which cannot be deleted in normal ways as well. Therefore, any iPhone user who is struggling with free storage space can download it without a doubt on mind.
2. Uninstall & Reinstall Apps
This can be considered as the most straight method available to delete document and data on iPhone. In fact, it's also the easiest one.
In order to delete the app, you will need to tap on an icon and press on the “x” mark. Then you can visit the App Store, search for that app and reinstall it on your device.
This method can help you to clear all the data that is associated with it. However, make sure that the data in your app is not backed up to iCloud. Or it might be auto synced to iPhone later. And if you want to keep some important data of the App, such as business messages, app attachment etc, then this method will not be suitable.
3. Manually Delete Some Document and Data If Possible
You can also think about deleting data, as some apps have the option of deleting document and data within it, such as Safari, WeChat, Facebook, etc. In order to do that, you will need to open the applications one by one and find its own option to clear cache or data. However, you need to keep in mind that some data files cannot be deleted with this option.
What Kinds of Document and Data Can be Deleted?
- Safari: Clear cache, reading list, history, cookies, website data, etc.
- Messages: Clear message attachments, old conversations
- Mail: Clear out old mail and attachments
- iTunes: Music, Movies & TV Shows, Thumbnail cache
- Voicemail: Delete all voicemail
- Facebook: Clear browsing cache for websites.
Documents and data will remain one of the main contributors to storage space problems in your iPhone. A quick check on your iPhone will show that it consumes a large chunk of your storage space and requires attention if you must get the maximum benefit out of your iPhone.