If someone blocked you on Viber, you would not know, and you may even have the illusion that all is well. You might begin to think that your contact is temporarily unavailable. What a disappointment to discover you have been blocked after all! However, in this piece, we will make you aware of ways you can quickly find out if you have been blocked on Viber.
- 1. Try to Check His/Her Status in Group Chat
- 2. Find Out If You Have Been Blocked by the Person's Profile Picture
- 3. Confirm by Sending the Person a Message from Another Viber Number
- 4: Use the Viber Calling Feature and Place a Call to the Person
- Extra Tip: Back Up Viber Conversations from iPhone to Computer
Way 1 Try to Check His/Her Status in Group Chat
On this method, you will try to check the status of the contact in question in the group chat. How may you do that? Well, start with the steps below.
- Go to your Viber group chat.
- Look for the contact you suspected.
- Send a message to the contact.
- Check to see if your message was seen after some hours.
- Check if the person is active in the group. If he replies to their messages but not yours, you have been blocked.
Way 2 Find Out If You Have Been Blocked by the Person's Profile Picture
Profile picture is another way to figure out whether your friend has blocked you or not. See how to check it.
- Open Viber and check the contact's profile picture.
- Look to see if the profile picture has remained the same (if you have been blocked, the picture will not change).
- Use another Viber number and add the contact (this is to confirm).
- Check the contact's profile picture again.
- You may see a different one if the person has changed his profile.
- And then you have been blocked.
Tip 3 Confirm by Sending the Person a Message from Another Viber Number
You may need the help of another Viber number on this method. But this always works.
- On the new Viber number you created, send the contact a new message.
- Check to see if the message you sent is marked "seen".
- If "send" and "seen" statuses have not been turned off, you have not been blocked.
- Find out if the message you sent only show "delivered" and not "seen" (if so, you have been blocked.
The methods and steps above can help to know if you have been blocked on Viber by someone. You may need to try all the 3 methods to be sure that you have really been blocked. You will find the answer you need by the time you apply the third method. However, it is often good to be 100% sure. To that end, you might be interested in the fourth method.
Way 4 Use the Viber Calling Feature and Place a Call to the Person
- Take note of how the call goes.
- If it shows "Calling" but not "Ringing," you have been blocked.
This calling method is the final nail that confirms without any doubt that you have been blocked. That may not sound too good to you. Getting blocked by someone on Viber can hurt not only your pride but also your data. Your precious chat history could be lost forever if you accidentally delete the conversation.
What can you do to prevent this? One good solution is to back up your iPhone data to the computer. And to do that, you need software.
Tip Back Up Viber Conversations from iPhone to Computer
iMyFone D-Port is that software you need to back up your data from your iPhone device to the computer. D-Port is an excellent data exporter that has become the favorite of many users due to its efficiency and unique features. What are these features? Let us examine a few of them. .
D-Port can export data from iPhone/iTunes backup/iCloud backup.
- Back Up Data: Backs up your Viber data including messages, photos, videos, audio messages, and more.
- Support Different Files: Supports up to 20 different files. Some of these files are Notes, Whatsapp, iMessages, call history, Viber, Safari bookmarks, WeChat, videos.
- Preview and Transfer: Gives users an opportunity to preview data on iPhone before transfer. This means you can select a particular file you need to transfer.
Transfer Viber Data from iPhone to Computer using iMyFone D-Port
- Download and install iMyFone D-Port to your computer.
- Launch it from the "Export to iOS Device" tab.
- Select the Viber as data types and click "Next".
- Connect your iPhone to computer.
- Scan the device. And this will take a little while.
- Preview the Viber data, and click "Export".
- Confirm storage destination on your computer.
That is it. Viber data can get lost in your iPhone, but iMyFone D-Port can help back them up to your computer. Thus, no matter what a contact chooses to do, you can preserve your previous chat and relevant data using D-Port.
Knowing if you have been blocked is pretty easy if you apply the suggestions above. If you are not sure whether you have been blocked by other people, trying all the suggestions will let you know.