Google lock is a preventive measure put in place on Android devices that prevents it from being factory reset by an unauthorized person. A phone with Google lock activated prompts for Google credentials when someone attempts to perform a factory reset. Because of its function, Google lock is also known as Factory Lock Protection (FRP).
This security method on Androids can turn to a disaster if you are trying to perform a factory reset but do not have the relevant Google credentials. In such a situation, most times, you might resolve to leave the device like that. However, we are going to show you three methods to remove Google lock from your Android device.
- 1: Remove Google Lock via FRP Bypass Tool - Highly Recommended!
- 2: Remove Google Lock via FRP Bypass APK
Part 1: Remove Google Lock Without Credentials
If you need to remove Google lock or remove Google account from Android phone, here are the best two ways for you. You can choose the easier one - a FRP bypass too to remove the gmail account on your device or download FRP bypass APK.
1. Remove Google Lock via FRP Bypass Tool
The first method you can use to remove Google lock we will introduce here is the most recommended option – by making use of a third-party software known as iMyFone Lockwiper (Android). If you are not tech inclined or do not want to leave anything to chance, this app is perfect.
- Remove Google lock from almost all Samsung devices.
- Give you absolute control of your gadget after the removal.
- Lets you change to a different Google account effortlessly.
- Removes the setup screen that prompts you to verify your account.
- No password is needed to remove the Google account.
Steps to remove Google lock using iMyFone LockWiper (Android):
Step 1: Install and run iMyFone LockWiper (Android). Click Remove Google Lock mode you see on the home interface.
Step 2: Hit Start. Connect your device with a suitable USB.
Step 3: LockWiper (Android) will detect your device automatically. Configure your device name if a wrong one is displayed, click Next to continue.
Step 4: Steps to put your device in Recovery mode will be shown. Follow these steps and click Next. Select the correct PDA, country, and carrier. Hit Download to proceed.
Step 5: The data package download will begin. On completion, click Start to Extract to unpack the downloaded package.
Step 6: Put your device in downloading mode and hit Next. Confirm to install the downloaded package into your device.
Step 7: After the installation, to finalize the operation, turn on USB debugging and OEM unlock.
Step 8: Reset your device and put it into downloading mode again to complete the firmware package installation.
Step 9: The application now downloads the firmware and moves it to your device. Click Start to Extract to unzip this firmware.
Step 10: Next, wait for LockWiper to remove the Google lock completely.
2. Remove Google Lock via FRP Bypass APK
How to remove Google account from Android phone? Where can I download FRP bypass APK? You may have questions like these and suffering the Google FRP lock now. Now you can relax if you have came here. Follow the steps below to remove the Google lock now.
Step 1. Download the FRP bypass APK first. You will need an OTG cable for this process.
Step 2. When you are in the verification screen, connect the pen drive to your device using the OTG cable.
Step 3. The File Explorer should open the file automatically. Locate the folder now where you copied the FRP bypass APK file and tap on it to install.
Step 4. After the installation, click Open to launch it. It will take you to the settings menu next.
Step 5. Now select “Back & Reset > Factory Reset” to reset your device.
Step 6. When it completed the reset, you can now add a new Google account to your device and you can start using the device without limit now.
Note: 1. You will need an OTG cable to perform this process for your device via FRP bypass APK. 2. Also you will need to download the right FRP bypass APK file for your device or it may brick your phone.
Part 2: Remove Google Lock When You Know the Password
The method described in part 1 is to be used to remove Google lock when you do not know the password to the Google account. However, if you know the phone password and can open the phone, follow the methods below.
1. Remove Google Lock on Settings
Some Android phones allow you to remove your Google account directly from the Settings app.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Accounts or Users & Accounts.
- Click Google account type.
- Enter your email address.
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap Remove account.
- Confirm your action by tapping Remove account again.
2. Remove Google Lock Online
If you have the password to the Google account and have an internet connection, try this method.
- Log into the Google account associated with the phone.
- Under Sign-in & security, select Device activity & notifications.
- Find and hit Review devices under recently used devices.
- Click on the phone which you want to remove the Google lock from and hit the Remove button located beside account access.
- Click Remove from the confirmation prompt.
- The access will be removed from your device and shown on the confirmation prompt.
A reset may be carried out automatically on your device or you may need to do it manually from Settings app to complete the operation, depending on the device.
You can remove Google lock from your Android device which appears on various instances. If you do not have access to the device password or Google credentials, you can use iMyFone Lockwiper (Android). However, if you have a password and can access the phone, use the methods we discussed in part 2.