An iPhone XS user sent a chat to our customer reps searching for ways to fix Face ID on iPhone XS when not working. He titled his inquiries “Face ID not working on iPhone XS. Any possible solution to fix the problem?” and it read thus:
"I bought an iPhone XS on the same day it was officially released on stores, but 1 week into using the device, Face ID started failing in recognizing my face. I have to be honest that it worked perfectly well in the first week, but it has stopped recognizing my face. So, why would FACE ID suddenly stop working on my iPhone XS, and refuse to respond to every troubleshooting solutions? I don’t know if this is because of a glitch, but I really need a viable solution to fix it back. -- Maxwell."
Face ID Not Working on iPhone X/XR/XS (Max)? Try These Solutions!
If Face ID is not working on your iPhone X, then these solutions will help to fix it. Moreover, we’re happy to mention here that Maxwell has sent his appreciations to us after solving the issue using our tips, and we hope this would help to lift the burden of “Face ID not working on iPhone X/XR/XS (Max)” off your shoulders.
- Method 1: Your Face Should Stand Out
- Method 2: Disable Attention Aware Feature
- Method 3: Reset Face ID
- Method 4: Reset All Settings
- Method 5: Fix Any iPhone Screen Lock Issues with LockWiper
- Method 6: Update iOS to the Latest Version
- Method 7: Set up an alternate appearance
- Method 8: Visual Tips to Make Face ID Better
#1. Your Face Should Stand Out
The TrueDepth camera on iPhone X, XS, XR, and XS Max works perfectly when your face stands out. So, if you’re using a sunshade, face cap, or anything that masks your face, then remove it and try again.
#2. Disable Attention Aware Feature
You can turn off Attention Aware feature on iPhone X, XS, XR, or XS Max if you don’t want the TrueDepth camera to make an adjustment in display or volume when you are looking away. This can be the solution to Face ID not working on iPhone.
- Launch Settings app, and click “General > Accessibility”.
- Tap on “Face ID & Attention.
- Turn off the switch next to “Attention Aware Features”.
#3. Reset Face ID
If Face ID is not working on your iPhone, then you can reset Face ID and set it up again.
- Launch Settings app, and click “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Enter your passcode there.
- Tap “Reset Face ID”.
- Then, tap “Set up Face ID” to set it up again.
#4. Reset All Settings
If Face ID is still not working on your iPhone, then try resetting all settings, which might be helpful.
- Launch the iPhone XS Settings app, and click “General > Reset > Reset All Settings”.
- You will need to enter your passcode to proceed.
It will reset all the settings including the WiFi connection, but it won’t affect any of your iPhone data.
#5. Fix Any iPhone Screen Lock Issues with LockWiper
The prime solution for fixing all iPhone screen lock issues and malfunctions is iMyFone LockWiper. Having been tested and trusted by over one million iPhone, iPad or iPod touch users, software authorities, and software review sites, LockWiper stands as the most popular iPhone unlocking tool that’s available in the market today.
Therefore, if you desire to fix Face ID not working on iPhone X, XS, XR, or XS Max, then you should get iMyFone LockWiper now to fix every problem you may have.
Benefit A Lot from LockWiper
- Easily and permanently fix “Face ID not working” on iPhone without passcode.
- Fix all iPhone screen lock and security issues without any hassle.
- Open locked, disabled, and broken screen iPhone to access your it again in 5 minutes.
- Support not only Face ID, but also touch ID, 4 or 6 digit passcodes.
- Also fix screen issues, like being stuck at recovery mode, black/white screen, frozen screen, etc.
Steps to Fix Face ID Not Working on iPhone X/XR/XS (Max)
Step 1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your PC or Mac, click the “Start” tab, and connect your iPhone using an Apple lightning cable.
Step 2. Switch your iPhone in DFU mode: Press and quickly release the Volume up button, press and quickly release the Volume down button, and press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
Step 3. Download the firmware package for your iPhone by clicking “Download”. Once done, click “Start to Verify” to continue.
Step 4. When verification is done, click “Start Unlock” and confirm to begin the fixing process.
#6. Update iOS to the Latest Version
Updating iOS is one of the biggest troubleshooter for many issues. Apple keeps on updating the iOS to improve performance and fix many bugs. So, it's necessary to check if there is a new version available. Here are the steps:
- On your iPhone, open Settings app.
- Then navigate to General > Software Update
- If there is a new version, tap on Download and Install to process the update.
#7. Set up an alternate appearance
Although Face ID can learn to overcome items like sunglasses, recognizing you in some occasions, if you have an appearance that looks very different, it may cause the the "Face ID not Working" issue. So, to make sure Face ID works more seamlessly, it's necessary to add an alternate appearance. Follow these instructions to add an alternate appearance:
Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Set Up an Alternate Apperance
#8. Visual Tips to Make Face ID Better
CNET introduced a video about making Face ID better on YouTube. The Video teaches how to make Face ID better when Face ID is not working on iPhone X, XS, XR, or XS Max.
The video above address why Face ID doesn’t work when you’re wearing sunglasses, woke up in the morning, feel awkward sometimes, or at other moments. You can enjoy the clip to learn more. However, don’t forget that iMyFone LockWiper is the ultimate tool for fixing Face ID issues and Errors. So, don’t forget to get your copy now!