If you have this issue, you are not alone. This issue always happens after iOS update, which not only happens on iOS 12, but also iOS 11, 10 , etc. Apple doesn’t fix this bug on iOS 12, but some ways are proved to be effective to permanently fix this bug.
How to Fix iPhone Lock Screen Bug on iOS 12 with LockWiper
If you’re experiencing any type of iOS 12 glitch that seems insurmountable, such as disappearing lock screen clock, black screen after iOS update, notifications not showing, etc. then you can use iMyFone LockWiper to fix it.
LockWiper is the ultimate tool to fix all iPhone/iPad/iPod touch screen issues in mere minutes. It removes any and every form of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch lock screen issues, and it can help you to unlock every level of iPhone lock and can unlock even disabled, broken screen and faulty button iOS device.
LockWiper Handles All Your iPhone Screen Issues
- Efficiently repair various iPhone screen issues, like iPhone screen is broken, frozen, black, white, or in Apple logo, etc.
- A complete self-service program that requires no tech skills and is fast to run
- Help unlock iPhone screen without password, when iPhone is locked, disabled or broken
- No matter your lock is 4-digit, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID or Face ID, LockWiper can bypass it
- Promise high success rate even to unlock stolen/second-hand iPhone
LockWiper is fully compatible with iOS 12 (let alone the old versions) and all models of iPhone X, iPads and iPod touch. It’s a reliable and secure solution that even the famous SOFTPEDIA, download.hr, iOS HACKER, etc. highly recommend it.
Now Download LockWiper to Fix iPhone Lock Screen Bug on iOS 12
Step 1. Prepare
Get iMyFone LockWiper installed on your PC or Mac. Open the software and click “Start” to begin the process.
Connect your iPhone to computer. Put your device in DFU mode by following the instruction on the window.
Step 2. Download Firmware
Download the right firmware package for your device by clicking the “Download” tab. Once the firmware package has fully downloaded, just click “Start to Verify”.
Step 3. Install Firmware
To unlock and fix your lock screen issue, click “Start Unlock”. Read the notice carefully and enter “000000” to double confirm that you’ve agreed to unlock your iPhone. Then click “Unlock”.
iMyFone LockWiper is a must-have program especially if you like to update your device to the latest iOS version.
You may like: Does iMyFone LockWiper Truly Work? Get the Facts Right >
Some Tiny Tips You Can Try to Fix iPhone Lock Screen Bug on iOS 12
The following tips will help you to fix iOS 12 lock screen bugs on your iPhone. Here are the tips:
#1. Swipe Top Down on Lock Screen
If you can’t use the first method because you don’t have a good backup of your files and data, then you can try this temporary fix.
- When you clock disappears, press the Sleep/Wake button to wake your iPhone.
- Swipe your iPhone screen top down, and the clock will appear.
This way doesn’t always work. Some users complain that this doesn’t work.
#2. Restart iPhone
Restarting your iPhone will help to remove any temporary glitch that may be causing iPhone to lock screen bug on iOS 12 iPhone.
- To switch off your iPhone; press and hold your Power button for few seconds until “slide to power off” notification appears.
- Slide the power icon to your right.
- When your iPhone to fully powered off, press and hold the power button until an Apple logo appears.
#3. Change View to Zoom and Then Standard
The lock screen display bug on iOS 12 iPhones can be solved with a change in zoom view and standard, which is suggested by Apple community user.
Here is the detailed steps:
- Go to the Settings app and tap “Display & Brightness”.
- Scroll down to “Display Zoom” and tap on “View” to open it.
- Switch from “Standard” to “Zoomed” and click “Set”.
- A notification will show “changing zoom display will restart iPhone”. Click “Use Zoomed.”
- After your iPhone restarts, now tap “Standard > Set and “Use Standard.”
#4. Force Reset iPhone
If the tips above do not solve this problem, try force restarting your iPhone:
Step 1. Force restart your iPhone based on the model:
- If you’re using an iPhone X, 8, or 8 Plus, then quickly press and release the Volume UP and Volume Down buttons. Now, long press the Sleep/Wake button until Apple logo appears.
- If you’re using iPhone 7, or 7 Plus, then long press the Sleep/Wake and the Volume Down button until Apple logo appears.
- If you’re using iPhone 5s, SE, 6 and 6s, then long press the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until Apple logo appears.
Step 2. Wait for your iPhone screen to go blank, and then switch on your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
All these solutions in part 2 are just trial and error, but the ultimate solution to permanently solving all iPhone lock screen issue is by using iMyFone LockWiper. Try using this tool for all your unlocking needs.