How to Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max without Password
Category: Unlock iPhone
4 mins read
Are you wondering how to factory/hard reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max without password even when there is no Home Button? If you are stuck with the locked iPhone we can help you out here. Hard reset can sometimes work to unlock iPhone but more likely it won’t work. Follow the guidelines below to get complete ideas of this solution and find a better unlocking method. This step by step guide will help you know more than how to hard reset iPhone 11 series and even the latest iPhone 14.
Download iMyFone LockWiper to factory reset and unlock iPhone 11 without passwords.
In this article:
- Part 1. How to Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max Correctly When Locked
- Part 2. Why Don't I Recommend to Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- Part 3. A Better Solution to Unlock than Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
Let's first make a brief comparison between hard reset and the other reset solutions:
|Find My iPhone
|May cause issues
|May cause issues
|May cause issues
How to Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max Correctly When Locked
1 Hard Reset iPhone 11
If your iPhone 11 is locked then you can force restart or hard reset it. Here is the step by step process of how to hard reset iPhone 11 series.
Step 1: Press Volume Up button and release it. Then quickly press Volume Down button and release it.
Step 2: Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears. Finally release the button.
iPhone will be restarted after the above procedure. You will see that the lock is opened and screen control is back. It is not possible in all cases. Most of the time resetting doesn’t work and you feel need to have iTunes for this problem.
2 Use iTunes to Factory Reset iPhone 11
Here is the step by step process to to reset iPhone 11 without passcode via recovery mode with iTunes.
Step 1: First of all turn on your iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Step 2: Put your device into the Recovery Mode Screen.
1. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons to see the power off slider. Turn off your device by dragging the slider.
2. Connect your device to your computer by holding the Side button.
3. Hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 3: A message window will appear with two options - Restore or Update. Choose the “Restore” option and iTunes will download a firmware taking less than 15 minutes.
3 Use iCloud to Factory Reset iPhone 11
If Find My iPhone feature is enabled on your device, then you can use it to factory reset your iPhone without password through iCloud. This is a remote method to factory reset a locked iPhone which means even if you don’t have your device with you at the moment, you can still factory reset it via iCloud.
Follow these instructions to reset iPhone 11 through iCloud:
Step 1: Visit iCloud.com on your favorite web browser.
Step 2: Login using your Apple ID and then click on All Devices. After that, choose your device from the list.
Step 3: Next, click on the Erase [device] option. The factory reset process will begin.
Why Don't I Recommend to Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
There are lot of things happening behind the hard reset. As many processes are working behind, when you hard reset iPhone 11 :
- Hard reset can unlock only when “Find My iPhone” is turned off, if FMI is on, you will be stuck by the activation lock.
- Your device has to be synced with iTunes before or you cannot use iTunes to restore.
- Your system interrupts and the hard reset may lead to some serious issues in your mobile set.
- Your phone system can be heated up or the battery can be drained.
- It is not sure if you can succeed with iTunes because sometimes your device automatically exits the recovery mode before finishing the process.
That is why I don’t recommend to hard reset iPhone 11 .
A Better Solution to Unlock than Hard Reset iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
Here is a better unlocking solution than hard reset iPhone 11. Using a professional iPhone reset tool is the fastest and the easiest way to factory reset locked iPhone 11. When it comes to such tools, iMyFone LockWiper is a recommended choice. Although this powerful tool is primarily designed to help iOS users unlock their screen lock, it can also factory reset an iPhone 11 without password efficiently.
- Factory Reset iPhone 11 without password within minutes.
- Remove all kinds of screen lock from an iPhone quickly and conveniently.
- Help to unlock locked, disabled or broken screens by bypassing screen passcode.
- Get the whole control of any Apple device after resetting your iPhone 11.
- Remove iPhone from iCloud and won't be effected by old Apple ID.
- Support all Apple devices including the new iPhone 15 series with iOS 17.
Video and Steps to reset and unlock iPhone 11/12/13/14 series locked screen
Step 1. Download install and launch iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Click on "Unlock Screen Passcode".
Step 2. Connect your iPhone 11 to the computer.
Step 3. You will need to click on "Download" as here LockWiper has detected your device and is set to download the latest firmware.
Step 4. Click on "Start to Extract" to unpack the firmware.
Step 5. Click on “Start Unlock”. Enter “000000” and click “Unlock” as per on-screen instructions require. Within only one minute, LockWiper will immediately start unlocking the screen.
The whole process merely takes 1-2 minutes to reset iPhone 11 screen lock password. iMyFone LockWiper unlocker is a completely safe and secure unlocking solution for your device. If you’re not sure whether your device is activated, you can also use its free trial version to check, Now even iPhone 14 is supported to unlock the screen lock.
The Bottom Line
We have discussed how to factory/hard reset iPhone 11 series and analyse the possible consequences. If we compare all the facts we can easily judge that iMyFone LockWiper is the ultimate solution. iMyFone LockWiper is efficient and instant to unlock, so why not adopt this easy way to bypass the locked screen on iPhone 11 Pro ?