“I just bought this new iPad which I haven’t used for a week yet. I had set a password to keep the kids from accessing my important files and messing them up. I own three iOS devices and all of them are password protected. I don’t make my passwords simple since I do not want my kids to guess them while I am not around. Now, I just tried to unlock my iPad and just realized that I can’t remember password for iPad. Does anyone have a solution?” - Jane
Jane’s situation is very common. We all have too many accounts and devices which require passwords such that keeping track of all these passwords becomes hard. Being in a situation where you can’t remember password for iPad can be annoying since you won’t be able to use the device. You can try all sorts of tricks to try and unlock your device. This article is dedicated to helping people who are in Jane’s situation learn tricks that work.
Method 1: How to Unlock Disabled iPad with LockWiper
iMyFone LockWiper is built to help people who can’t remember password for iPad gain access to their iOS device easily including screen lock and the Apple ID account. It will help you unlock any iOS device without the need for a password. LockWiper is compatible with all iOS versions. You can use it with the latest iPhone versions including iPhone X and iPhone 8/8 Plus. The features offered by LockWiper include:
Key features of iMyFone LockWiper
- You can remove the iOS device screen lock without the passcode.
- You can use LockWiper to unlock all kinds of screen locks. These include Face ID/Touch ID and 6-digit/4-digit passwords.
- You can also remove Apple ID lock on activated devices without password.
- This tool will support disabled, broken screen, or even locked iOS devices.
- LockWiper will help you bypass iTunes limitations
If you can’t remember password for iPad and you would like to start using it again, you can use LockWiper to unlock the device. To do this, follow the simple steps outlined below:
- Connect the locked iPad to your computer. Launch LockWiper and then tap Start.
- Connect your deivce to PC and click Next to wait for it to load the information of your device.
- Download the firmware package and verify it.
- Next, click Start Unlock to initiate unlocking your iPad. Give it a few minutes to finish unlocking your iPad.
Method 2: How to Unlock iPad Password with iTunes
- Connect your iPad to a computer you synced with and open iTunes.
- Allow iTunes some time for it to sync your device and create a backup.
- After the sync and backup creation is finished, tap Restore [your device].
- Tap Restore from iTunes backup on the Set Up Screen. Select your iPad on iTunes and then pick a backup to restore it from.
If you can’t remember password for iPad, iTunes can help you unlock the device too although the process is usually complicated and has a lot of limitations when compared to using LockWiper. To use iTunes, follow the steps below:
If you can’t remember password for iPad, you don’t have to lose the iPad. This article should help you unlock the device quite easily. Among the listed methods, LockWiper is the best since it does not have any limitations and it works faster. A LockWiper FREE trial version is available.