Since Classic Pokemon was first released in 1996, it gains widespread popularity all over the world. Although mobile games are fine, compared with classic games like Super Mario, Pokemon, etc., it still has its shortcomings in detail.
So, here comes a question, how can I play classic Pokemon game on iPhone? The best way to play classic Pokemon games on your iPhone is to install an emulator. Today, in this post, we will introduce everything you need to know about Pokemon emulator for iPhone. And there are top 5 free emulator for iPhone in 2024 for you.
In this article:
Part 1: Why You Need Play Pokémon Go on Emulator
Why is it a good idea to play Pokémon Go on a computer program instead of your phone. To find out, we need to see what advantages come with playing the game that way.
- Advantage 1: You can play Pokemon Go without moving. To play the game, use the arrow keys or a joystick to move on the map.
- Advantage 2: You can quickly cheat in Pokémon games. Using an emulator allows you to easily do certain shortcuts by just switching between windows instead of opening and closing apps on your phone.
- Advantage 3:If you have big fingers, you can do things quickly without making mistakes. It's easier to make accurate throws on a computer than on a mobile phone.
- Advantage 4: You can play Pokémon Go with more than one account at the same time.
Part 2: Best 4 iOS Pokemon Emulators for iPhone
|iOS Pokemon Emulators
|Pokemon Emulator - GBA4iOS
|iOS Pokemon Emulator - Happy Chick
|Pokemon emulator for iPhone - Delta
|Game Play Color
After knowing where to find a Pokemon emulator for iPhone. It’s time to introduce some amazing emulators and tell you how to install those emulators on your iPhone. Here are the 4 top-rated emulators for iPhone:
The Pokemon emulator for iPhone [Detail Guide]
There are many emulators in the markets, but definitely, the GBA4iOS emulator is the best one.
Here are some coolest features that make GBAiOS the best emulator:
- You do not need to jailbreak your iPhone.
- GBA4iOS allows you to emulate and enjoy not just GBA, but GBC and GB games.
- It have so many wonderful features includes multiplayer support, dropbox support, cheat codes, save states, controller skins, etc.
As we all know, Apple doesn't allow emulators on the Apple Store, so, here comes a question, how to install GBA4iOS on your iPhone? Don't worry, keep reading and you will find the answer.
How to Install GBA4iOS emulator on Your iPhone?
Step 1. Head over to gba4iosapp.com on your iPhone. On the page, you will see GBA4iOS 2.0. Click it and a window will prompt, then tap Install.
After Pokemon emulator GBA4iOS installed on your iPhone, click the app and you will be prompted with the pop on that whether or not you want to access the application. Click on Continue to open up the application.
There is another version i.e. 1.6, please do not install it as it is for the devices that are running iOS 5.0 or older version.
Step 2. In case the emulator is not working at all you need to change the date. For this go to Settings > General > Date & Time. Set the date to anything before 19th Feb 2014.
Open the emulator again and it will start working. If it does so then you need to change the date and time settings to Automatic. It is one of the ways to make sure that the emulator works perfectly.
Step 3. If you are still not able to access the GBA emulator then head over to Settings > General > Profile & Device Management. Click on the emulator under the ENTERPRISE APP.
Step 4. If you have your own personal ROMs then you can easily upload it to the emulator. For this, hit the Settings icon on the top left corner of the application and sign in to your Dropbox account to get the ROMs uploaded by turning on/green Dropbox sync.
Alternatively, click on the "+" icon on the top right corner. Choose the game i.e. Pokemon or any other that you want to download.
Step5. Click Download once you see the prompt to download and install the game from the internal web browser. There are three tabs on the top of the application.
You need to make sure that the ALL tab is selected so that you can access both Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games on the same screen.
Step 6. Tap on Pokemon Go and you are done. Now, you can play GBA and GBC games on the emulator with ease and perfection.
2 Happy Chick
Happy Chick is a integrated emulator platform that allows you to play many games on your iPhone. It support both iOS and Android system.
Here are some advantages of Happy Chick emulator:
- Happy Chick can emulate more than 18 systems, including FAB/MAME/MAMEPLUS, PS, PSP, FC(NES), SFC(SNEC), GBA, GBC, MD, NDS, etc.
- It is easy to install and use without complex operation.
- Happy Chick supports Cloud saving which allows you to backup games anytime.
- Do not need to jailbreak your iPhone.
How to Install Happy Chick on Your iPhone?
Step 1. Open Happy Chick website on Safari. Click Download button.
Step 2. In the next page, click Install now button under the Method 2.
Step 3. Select Install HappyChick Link#1 or Install HappyChick Link#1 as you wish. Then tap Install and Happy Chick app will appear on your iPhone’s home screen.
Step 4. Go to Settings > General > Device Management, then click Trust to allow Happy Chick run on your iPhone.
Step 5. Open Happy Chick app, enable location service on this app. See, you have already installed Happy Chick on your iPhone successfully and you can play classic Pokemon game on your iPhone right now.
The third one we want to introduce is Delta emulator. Delta allows you to play old school games on your iPhone too. Like other emulators, it is also widely used among classic game player.
As one of the best emulators, Delta has its advantages:
- Delta supports a variety of consoles include GB, GBA, GBC, SNES, NES, NDS, etc.
- It has many features, including multi-player support, Cloud syncing, iPad split-screen support and more.
- It supports for iOS 10 and above.
- It is a jailbreak-free emulator for iPhone.
As Apple App Store is not allows Delta to be download through due to some security reasons, in order to download Delta emulator, we need to use a third-party installer app named Emus4U.
How to Install Delta Emulator on Your iPhone Through Emus4U
Step 1. Open Emus4U page on Safari. Click Install Emus4U button. Then follow the guide to install it on your iPhone.
Step 2. After Emus4U app appears on your home screen, go to Settings > General > Device Management and trust the Emus4U profile.
Step 3. Open Emus4U app, go to EMULATORS section and search Delta. Tap Get.
Step 4. Tap Install on the pop-up window. After Delta is downloaded on your iPhone’s home screen, go to Settings > General > Device Management and trust the Delta profile. Till now, you have already install Delta emulator on your iPhone.
4 Game Play Color
Game Play Color is one of the best emulator for iPhone which allows you to play old school games on your iPhone. With the help of Game Play Color, you can play Pokemon on your iPhone quickly and conveniently.
Here are some wonderful features of Game Play Color emulator:
- Game Play Color supports GB and GBC games.
- It has many features, including multi-player support, Cloud syncing, iPad split-screen support and more.
- It allows you to enjoy your games in full, rich, 8-bit audio.
- The offline support function allows you to play games even without signal.
How to Install Game Play Color on Your iPhone?
Before installing Game Play Color, please make sure ROMs are downloaded on your Google Drive.
Step 1. Open Game Play Color website on Safari.
Step 2. Tap Share button at the bottom and select Add to Home Screen.
Step 3. On the pop-up window, tap Add. You will see a Game Play icon show on your iPhone’s home screen. Then tap it.
Step 4. After opening Game Play app, sign in your Google Drive account and sync your account by copying the access code it gives.
Step 5. The compatible ROMs will show on the screen, tap the game you want to play. That’s it, you can play classic game on your iPhone now.
Part 3: Pokemon Games on App Store
Although install an emulator is a good choice to play Pokemon Games on your iPhone, but, definitely, this is a little bit complicated for most of us. Fortunetly, for Pokemon lovers, there are some Pokemon game you can download from App Store and play directly on your iPhone. Here I will introduce 3 Pokemon games for all of you guys.
1 Pokemon GO
Pokemon GO is an AR game published in 2016, which allows players (also called trainers in game) to locate, capture, train, batttle Pokemon and go head to head against Team Rocket also.
The most attractive part of this game is that, once you turn on camera on your iPhone, you can find Pokemon in real world. The best way to catch more Pokemons is use the Pokemon Go 100 iv live map.
2 Pokemon Quest
As a free-to-play action-adventure game, Pokemon Quest with a blocky design, in the game, player can control the base camp and the Pokemon team.
The task is to complete all the levels on the island and beat the wild Pokemon. To those Pokemon fanatics, this game is definitely worth trying.
3 Pokemon Masters
Pokemon Masters (also called Pokemon Masters Ex) released in 2019. This game allows players to battle and recruit various Pokemon trainers from the main series game.
Besides of unlocking the main series, player can also take part in limited-time events. Events incluse single-player story event and cooperative multiplayer events. After defeated powerful enemies, players will receive event rewards and prizes.
Part 4: Hot FAQs about Pokemon Emulator for iPhone
1 Are Pokemon Emulators Illegal?
No, they are not, you can play Pokemon emulators online for iPhone easily and you can even download them. However, emulators do not function themselves, they need ROMs to run. Unless you want Nintendo to come after you for $150,000, forget about downloading ROM. If you have the original copy of the Pokemon game, you can legally download ROMs.
2 Are Pokemon Emulators Safe?
Yes, Pokemon emulators are safe to download. Make sure to scan them after downloading to rule out the issues of viruses and malware. Moreover, we advise that you download them from the official website to ensure safety. The only catch is that you can’t play Pokemon emulator with ROMs. Downloading ROMs is illegal.
3 Can You Play Pokemon on iPhone or Android?
Yes, you can play Pokemon on iPhone or Android. And the requirements are as follows.
- iPhone: iPhone 6s or above, iOS 12 or above, Internet connection, GPS and Location Services, Unjailbroken devices
- Android: Android 6 or above, 720×1280 pixels prefered, Internet connection, GPS and Location Services, Unrooted devices.
4 How to Play Classic Pokemon Game on Your iPhone?
- Emulator:As we mentioned above, the best way to play classic Pokemon games on your iPhone is to run an Pokemon emulator on your iPhone.
An emulator is software that allows your device to behave like anther system. In brief, with the help of the right emulator, your iPhone will behave like a video game console, so that you can play GBC, GBA and GB games on your iPhone.
- ROM: Besides an emulator, a ROM is also needed if you want to play classic game on your iPhone. A ROM is a computer file that contains all data of the video game.
But here’s the point, although emulators are legal to use, ROMs are complicated. Nintendo states that it is illegal to share, download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
Even we all know that it is illegal to share, download with others, we can still find the ROMs you looking for. We certainly do not recommend you guys to do this.
5 Where to Find Emulator for iPhone?
Since we already know an emulator is the key to play classic Pokemon games on your iPhone. Now here comes a new question, where to find them?
- iEmulators: Here I want to introduce iEmulators to you guys, there is no doubt that iEmulators is the best place that allows you to find and download emulators on your iPhone without jailbreak.
And what’s more, it’s free! In iEmulators you can get some popular emulators such as GBS4iOS, Happy Chick, etc. easily.
- BuildStore: BuildStore is also a good choice for you to download emulators, but it’s not free. The advantage of BuildStore compare with iEmulators is that it clean installation on your iPhone and will not access revocation often.
[Bonus Tips] How to Spoof Location on Pokemon Go?
It's possible that you haven't heard of this location spoofer before, but as a brand-new utility, Pokemon Go spoofer - iMyFone AnyTo has emerged as one of the top applications for falsifying GPS position in Pokémon Go.
Special Offer: Get Official Anyto with A Discount
10% off Coupon Code: YTR5E7
1:11 Teleport Location with Teleport Mode
2:33 Simulate GPS Movement with Two-spot Mode & Multi-spot Mode
Step 1: Connect iPhone to the PC/Mac
Launch iMyFone AnyTo on your Windows PC/Mac (you can click the Try It Free button above to download it free). Click the Get Start button.
Step 2: Select Teleport Mode
Choose the third icon on the upper-right corner - Teleport Mode. Then you can input an address or zoom and drag the map to choose a fake location.
Step 3: Location Changed on Map
Now just click the Move button to change your location on the map to this new location!
See, this is the whole step of changing location on iPhone. Pretty easy, right? All you need is iMyFone AnyTo, that's all!
With this app, all you have to do is sitting in comfort as your avatar does the walking for you. Brave all sorts of climates and terrains all from the comfort of your home.
With this comprehensive guide, we trust that you'll have a better understanding of Pokemon emulator for iPhone. Emulators are a great way to enjoy a variety of classic Pokémon games on your iPhone, but the installation process and need for ROMs make the process a bit complicated and tedious.
With a GPS location spoofer like iMyFone AnyTo, you can completely avoid this hassle, and you can freely explore and enjoy this game anytime, anywhere.
Change GPS Location on iOS/Android
168,282 people have downloaded it.
- Fake iOS/Android GPS location to anywhere in the world instantly.
- 100% Work with location-based apps such as AR games, social platforms, etc.
- Joystick to simulate GPS movement freely when playing games.
- Import / Export GPX file to save your favorite routes.
- Compatible with All iOS & Android versions.
You Might Also Like
-  How to Follow a Route on Pokemon Go? Bonus Tips for Trainers!
-  5 Tips to Fix Monster Hunter Now Stuck
- [2024 Update] All You Should Know about Pokemon Go - Lucky Pokemon
- [Best 8 Tips] How to Fix Pokémon Go Stuck on Loading Screen
- [No.1] Why Does Pokemon GO Crash? How to Fix It with 1-click
- How to Spoof in Pokemon Go Without Getting Banned?
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >