As a mac user, have you ever wanted to reinstall the default or factory version of the OS? If yes, you would be interested to know that there is a way you can do this, with the help of an option known as Internet Mac recovery mode. Now, this tool is quite useful, and every mac device has it, but it tends to fail sometimes or take forever to load, which is very frustrating. In this guide, we will tell you what you can do if the Internet Recovery Mac not working. So, stick to the end to find out.
- Part 1. What is Internet Recovery Mac?
- Part 2. What Can I do if Internet Recovery Mac Not Working
- 2.1 What Causes Internet Recovery Mac Not to Work?
- 2.2 How to Fix Internet Recovery Mac Not Working?
- 2.3 How to Recover Lost/Deleted Files on Mac when Mac Internet Recovery Fails
- Part 3. FAQs about Internet Recovery Mac
Part 1. What is Internet Recovery Mac?
The Internet Recovery mode Mac is a recovery option on mac computers that enables you to reinstall the initial macOS version that came with it when you first bought it: the factory version. This option taps into Apple's server, where it downloads and installs the original OS version on your computer.
Part 2. What Can I do if the Internet Recovery Mac Not Working
Here are the reasons why Internet Recovery Mac fails to work and some solutions for you to fix this Mac Recovery Mode.
2.1 What Causes Internet Recovery Mac Not to Work?
As you can know, Internet Mac Recovery Mode sometimes fails to operate in several occasions. But what factors lead to this bad situation? There are some reasons listed below:
- Mac Internet Recovery stuck on Wi-Fi selection
- Internet Recovery Mac Stuck on Apple Logo
- After Internet Recovery Mac white screen
- Mac Internet Recovery stuck for 24 hours
- Mac Internet Recovery stuck on 'spinning globe
2.2 How to Fix Internet Recovery Mac Not Working?
When Internet Mac Recovery Mode not to work, you will certainly find methods to deal with the big problem. The most suitable solution you are able to get among four ways.
- Solution 1: Check your Mac type and Go to Mac Internet Recovery via a Correct Way.
- Solution 2: you need to ensure that you are connected to a faster Internet connection, even if you will need to use Ethernet.
- Solution 3: Try pulling the drive and then hook it up using a USB to SATA adapter. Then reset NVRAM/PRAM, and then try reinstalling the OS.
- Solution 4: Shut the device down, unplug the power cable, wait for at least 15 seconds, then turn it on, and wait for at least 5 seconds before you turn it on. And then repeat the process.
2.3 How to Recover Lost/Deleted Files on Mac when Mac Internet Recovery Fails
As we have already mentioned, whenever there is a problem on your mac device, you can repair it using the internet recovery mac. However, we have also stated that the tool might fail. And to make matters worse, it is likely that crucial data will be damaged or lost. So, you might be wondering, will you be able to recover this data? The simple answer is yes! All you need is the iMyFone D-Back recovery tool. This data recovery software is designed to help Windows and Mac users recover lost or deleted data in any format. Here are some of its features;
Main Features about iMyFone D-Back:
- It can recover deleted or lost data in over 1000 different formats
- It comes with advanced data scanning algorithms, allowing it to scan pretty quickly
- User-friendly interface
- Support both macOS and Windows operating systems
- Offer the preview option, allowing you to preview the data before recovering
So, here are the steps on how you can recover lost/deleted data with iMyFone D-Back Recovery.
Step one: the first step is to download, and install the software on your Mac device. Then launch the software!
Step two: once on the interface, select the location of the data you want to recover and then hit 'Start'. The software will begin to scan everything in your selected location and list the real-time results.
Step three: select the files you want to recover, preview them and then click Recover, and the process will be complete. Remember, you can pause or stop the process whenever you want.
Part 3. FAQs about Internet Recovery Mac
3.1 Can I restore my Mac without a stuck disk?
Yes, you can! With data recovery software like iMyFone D-Back, it is easy as you only need to follow the process we listed earlier in the article. This software is designed to help you restore anything on mac devices with relative ease and quickly.
3.2 How long does mac internet recovery take?
Depending on the Mac's device's specifications and functionality, mac recovery can take between one and two hours. But remember, it is very important to have a strong internet connection if the process is to proceed smoothly and quickly. Otherwise, the process will keep being interrupted or failing, meaning it will take quite very long to be over.
3.3 Will internet recovery wipe my Mac device?
No, it won't! The internet recovery option only reinstalls the new macOS and doesn't touch anything on your hard drive. If you want to wipe the drives, you can decide to use the disk utility option, where you will click on your hard drive and then 'Erase'. But if you are worried that if the internet recovery fails, your data might be lost, make sure you back everything first.
When the internet mac recovery mode doesn't work on your mac device, you shouldn't worry as it can be fixed. And if you lose your data in the process, iMyFone D-Back data recovery will come in handy. With the best and easiest interface and an advanced scanning algorithm, it is the best data recovery software out there, without a doubt! Download the software today from our website and enjoy!