The new iOS is here with us! Installing this update requires just a few steps. Normally, this should be an easy and quick thing to do. However, things do go wrong. If your iOS 16/15/14 installation fails to complete, you need to know how to go about this problem. This article will provide you information on how you fix iOS 16/15/14 update stuck installing.
- Part 1: Why iPhone iOS 16/15/14 Update Stuck Installing?
- Part 2: How to Fix iOS 16/15/14 Update Stuck Installing?
- Way 1: Update to iOS 16/15/14 via a Simple Click
- Way 2: Clean More Space on iPhone for iOS 16/15/14 Update
- Way 3: Ensure the Internet Connection to Update iOS 16/15/14
- Way 4: Try Again to Reach Update Server
- Way 5: Download the iOS 16/15/14 Update Again
- Way 6: Download iOS 16/15/14 Update with iTunes
Part 1: Why iPhone iOS 16/15/14 Update Stuck Installing?
Many reasons could have caused your iOS 16/15/14 installation not to complete and these include a network problem, not having enough space on your device, your iPhone is unable to reach the update server, or downloading the update takes a lot of time to complete. Have a look at how you can solve these issues below.
Part 2: How to Fix iOS 16/15/14 Update Stuck Installing?
1 Update to iOS 16/15/14 via a Simple Click
If you are not able to update your iPhone to iOS 16/15/14, you should consider using the services of a specialized third-party recovery program. One such solution is iMyFone Fixppo.
iOS 16 Supporrted iMyFone Fixppo
- Reset iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without password, fixing the Forgetting password issue.
- 3 modes – Standard Mode, Advanced Mode, and Exit Recovery Mode, each useful depending on the severity of the problem.
- Fix iPhone being frozen, iPhone stuck iOS update, or stuck on the Apple logo, boot loop, or recovery mode.
- Fix the minor bugs or issues (if any) while updating your device to iOS 16.
Follow these simple steps to update your iPhone to iOS 16/15/14 through iMyFone Fixppo using the Standard Mode. There is no risk of data loss:
Step 1 Install iMyFone Fixppo on your computer and launch it. Connect your device to the computer and click on the Standard Mode.
Step 2 Before you start the process, you will have to put your iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. If you do not know how to do this, the software will guide you.
You can put your iPhone in Recovery Mode, also if the DFU Mode doesn't work for your iPhone.
Step 3 The next thing you need to do is download firmware for your iPhone. Click Download to start downloading the latest firmware.
Step 4 Your device will start repairing the system and in a few minutes, your iPhone should be on iOS 16/15/14 and you should not experience any installation errors.
2 Clean More Space on iPhone for iOS 16/15/14 Update
If your iPhone does not have enough space, it simply means that there will be little room to install the iOS 16/15/14 update. Due to this, the iOS 16/15/14 update might be stuck installing.
Generally, your iPhone will try to make more space automatically before commencing the iOS 16/15/14 installation. It will remove application data that it can download later and will not delete any of your personal data. But if your iPhone still does not have enough space, you can make room by removing content that you do not need. You can do this by following these simple steps:
- iOS 10: Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Storage > Manage Storage
- iOS 11 & later: Settings > General > iPhone Storage
3 Ensure the Internet Connection to Update iOS 16/15/14
You need an internet connection to download and install the iOS 16/15/14 update successfully. Before trying to do the update, take some time to ensure your network settings are set correctly. Make sure your data connection is on and that your device is connected to a strong Wi-Fi.
Since the time taken to download and install the update depends on your network speed, avoid downloading other content using the same Wi-Fi network.
4 Try Again to Reach Update Server
If you happen to get an error message when installing the iOS 16/15/14 update, that your iPhone is 'Unable to Verify Update' or 'Unable to Check for Update', this means your device is unable to reach the Apple's server. To fix this, you should try again to update your iPhone.
If you still see the same issue, try doing the iOS 16/15/14 update on another network. If you face the same problem even after trying to update with different networks, read the way 4 remove the update and re-download.
5 Download the iOS 16/15/14 Update Again
If the iOS update stuck on install now even after trying the aforementioned fixes, try downloading and installing the update again. Follow these steps to go about this:
- Go to Settings > General, and then iPhone Storage.
- Find the iOS Update and tap Delete Update.
- Go to Settings > General, and then Software Update to download another iOS update.
6 Download iOS 16/15/14 Update with iTunes
If all the above methods fail to install the iOS 16/15/14 update successfully, you can try updating using iTunes. Follow these steps to go about that process:
- Install iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes and choose your device.
- Click Summary, and then tap Check for Update.
- Tap Download and Update.
This process should update your device with the latest iOS 16/15/14. Before using this method, make sure you have backed up your data on iPhone in case any data loss.
This article has provided you with all the information you need in regard to fixing any iOS 16/15/14 update errors, including iPhone iOS update, stuck installing. All these methods are tested and effective. In case you do not want to go through a lot of hassle, we suggest that you use iMyFone Fixppo, as it will solve your problem in a flash.