Complain about “can’t delete apps on iPhone“ has been on the increase, some even say they couldn’t delete the apps after using iCloud. This problem may arise due to iOS update problems which occur after updating to iOS 11. Irrespective of the reason behind this, this article will expose you to ways you can solve this problem. Below are tips that will help you out.
Why Can’t I Delete Apps on My iPhone?
Before looking into the solutions for this problem, lets us examine the causes. The following are some of the reason why you couldn’t delete apps on your iPhone.
- Apps are faulty
- Apps got stuck in waiting status
- Didn’t enable “deleting apps” on restrictions
- Not enough memory for app updates
- Apps were disconnected half way while syncing with iTunes
- Network was disconnected halfway when installing app updates
iOS 12 Can’t Delete Apps iPhone? The Efficient Ways to Fix
1. Restart iPhone
There are some cases whereby you want to delete an icon from your home screen, but couldn’t delete them after several trials. Maybe you were unable to get the “X” to appear on the home screen. Sometimes, all you have to do is restart your device.
Step 1: Press the Sleep/Wake tab, hold it until you see the option Slide to power off.
Step 2: Slide the "slide to power off" button from left to right and wait while your device goes off.
2. Allow Deleting Apps on Restrictions
You may have issues deleting apps on your device because of a restriction setting. Maybe the setting was set accidentally and then left uncorrected. Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
Step 2: Type the password set for restrictions.
Step 3: Put the Deleting Apps setting as ON to make the X appear.
3. Delete Apps from Settings
If you have issues deleting apps from your device, then you can try uninstalling the apps from settings.
Step 1: Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
Step 3: Find and app that you want to delete and tap on it.
Step 4: Tap on Delete App and confirm it.
4. Delete App in Bulk without Any Difficulty
Except that, you can also consider the way to delete apps on computer, which is much easier as you can uninstall apps in batch. So you may want to know the iPhone data erasing program called iMyFone Umate Pro Win/Mac which allows you to access iPhone files and permanently wipe data from iPhone.
- Preview and uninstall apps in bulk just in one click.
- Make Your iPhone Clean: All the junk, cache, logs and other useless files will be cleared from your iPhone, which is just 3 steps away.
- Erase iPhone Files: Any private files and previously deleted files previewed and permanently deleted from iPhone, without any change of recovery. (3rd-party apps data are included)
- Manage Your Media: You can export, delete, losslessly compress iPhone photos, and backup, delete audio and videos files.
Can’t Delete Apps on iPhone? Use Umate Pro Instead!
Step 1: On your PC, download and install iMyFone Umate Pro, then plug in your iOS device using a cable.
Step 2: Tap the Apps button from the home interface on Umate Pro. It will begin to scan your iPhone and show up all the apps on your iPhone.
Step 3: Check the apps you want to remove from your device and press the Remove. Then all the selected apps will be removed from your iPhone.