You wrote down your Apple ID, and unfortunately, it got lost. You could not remember it. What would you do now? Perhaps, you have entered a passcode you believe is the correct one for your iPhone, but it keeps rejecting it. Is there any solution? If your iPhone is disabled or locked, there are ways to unlock your disabled iPhone. Let us explore these methods.
Before getting started, it is important that you back up all iPhone data as the unlocking process will delete all your data and settings.
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone XR/Xs (Max) with Third-Party Program
If you have disabled your iPhone, you are not alone. There are plenty of users who go through this every day. When you enter the incorrect passcode several times on your iPhone, it disables your device. This will prevent you from having access to your phone. If you want the answer to the question, “iPhone disabled, how to unlock”, iMyFone LockWiper is the best solution.
LockWiper Unlock Disabled iPhone
- Help you successfuly resolve problems of disabled, locked or broken screen for iPhone.
- Assist you get rid of forgotten or unaccredited passcodes, Face ID and Touch ID.
- Various locks are supported to unlock, like screen lock, iCloud lock, restriction lock, etc.
- Easily unlock iPhone from iCloud and remove Apple ID without password
- With just a few clicks, you can have access to your phone again.
Steps to Unlock Disabled iPhone within Minutes
Step 1. Download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Launch iMyFone LockWiper and choose “Unlock Screen Passcode”.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer using Apple original lightning cable. Your device will be detected. Click "Download" button to get the firmware package.
Step 3. When it finishes, click "Start to Extract" to unpack the downloaded package.
Step 4. Then you can start the unlocking by clicking "Start Unlock". Confirm the operation and unlocking process will start.
Within a few minutes, your disabled iPhone will get unlocked.
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone XR/Xs (Max) with iTunes
1iPhone Synced with iTunes:
Although iPhone is disabled, it might be able to be synced with iTunes. Things get easier if your disabled iPhone is synced with iTunes. Here we show you how to unlock disabled iPhone with iTunes.
Step 1.Connect your iPhone to a computer where you have synced your device with iTunes.
Step 2.Open iTunes. Normally, if you have synced your device with iTunes, it will not ask for password. But if it does, then you should try recovery mode in the second section.
Step 3.iTunes will automatically sync your device and make a backup. Please kindly wait until it finishes.
Step 4.After syncing process completes, click "Restore iPhone" to unlock your disabled iPhone.
Step 5.You will be guided into the Set Up screen during the restoring process, and then you should click "Restore from iTunes Backup".
Step 6.Select your device from iTunes and choose a Backup based on your preference.
2iPhone Never Synced with iTunes:
Unfortunately, if you never synced your iPhone with iTunes, then you need to try a different approach with iTunes. Check out steps below:
Step 1.Connect your disabled iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
Step 2.With your iOS device connected, force restart the device:
- On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Step 3.Click "Restore" when a window panel pops up. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
Step 4.After the process completes, you can set up your iPhone as a brand-new one.
How to Unlock Disabled iPhone XR/Xs (Max) with iCloud Find My iPhone
If "Find My iPhone" is enabled on your iPhone, then you are lucky as you can unlock disabled iPhone with iCloud. Easy and simple, just follow instructions below.
Step 1.Visit icloud.com/#find and log in with your Apple ID.
Step 2.Click "Find My iPhone", and click "All Devices" at the top of your browser window.
Step 3.Select your disabled iPhone from device list, and click "Erase iPhone" to erase and reset your iPhone.
Step 4.Use "Setup Assistant" on your iPhone to restore backup.
After this process, your old iPhone password will be erased and you should be able to access your device without inputting password.