You wrote down your Apple ID, and unfortunately, it got lost. You could not remember it. What would you do now? Perhaps, you have entered a passcode you believe is the correct one for your iPhone, but it keeps rejecting it. Is there any solution? If your iPhone is disabled or locked, there are ways to unlock your disabled iPhone. Let us explore these methods.
Before getting started, it is important that you back up all iPhone data as the unlocking process will delete all your data and settings.
Method 1: How to Unlock Disabled iPhone with iTunes?
1iPhone Synced with iTunes:
Although iPhone is disabled, it might be able to be synced with iTunes. Things get easier if your disabled iPhone is synced with iTunes. Here we show you how to unlock disabled iPhone with iTunes.
Step 1.Connect your iPhone to a computer where you have synced your device with iTunes.
Step 2.Open iTunes. Normally, if you have synced your device with iTunes, it will not ask for password. But if it does, then you should try recovery mode in the second section.
Step 3.iTunes will automatically sync your device and make a backup. Please kindly wait until it finishes.
Step 4.After syncing process completes, click "Restore iPhone" to unlock your disabled iPhone.
Step 5.You will be guided into the Set Up screen during the restoring process, and then you should click "Restore from iTunes Backup".
Step 6.Select your device from iTunes and choose a Backup based on your preference.
2iPhone Never Synced with iTunes:
Unfortunately, if you never synced your iPhone with iTunes, then you need to try a different approach with iTunes. Check out steps below:
Step 1.Connect your disabled iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
Step 2.With your iOS device connected, force restart the device:
- On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Step 3.Click "Restore" when a window panel pops up. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
Step 4.After the process completes, you can set up your iPhone as a brand-new one.
Method 2: How to Unlock Disabled iPhone with iCloud Find My iPhone?
If "Find My iPhone" is enabled on your iPhone, then you are lucky as you can unlock disabled iPhone with iCloud. Easy and simple, just follow instructions below.
Step 1.Visit icloud.com/#find and log in with your Apple ID.
Step 2.Click "Find My iPhone", and click "All Devices" at the top of your browser window.
Step 3.Select your disabled iPhone from device list, and click "Erase iPhone" to erase and reset your iPhone.
Step 4.Use "Setup Assistant" on your iPhone to restore backup.
After this process, your old iPhone password will be erased and you should be able to access your device without inputting password.
Method 3: How to Unlock Disabled iPhone with Third-Party Program?
Besides those two method mentioned above, you can try some third-party programs to unlock disabled iPhone to completely remove your forgotten password. For example, you can try iMyFone Umate Pro, a professional third-party iPhone/iPad/iPod data eraser and cleaner. After all data is removed, your iPhone password is erased and removed as well, which means this iPhone data eraser is able to help unlock disabled iPhone.
- Data erased is 100% unrecoverable: iMyFone Umate Pro erases iPhone data completely without a chance of recovering the data anymore, thus protecting private information
- Support all kinds of iOS Data: All data found in Messenger History, Contact, Video, Music, etc. will be deleted just by using this software.
- Completely erase previously deleted iOS Data: All previously deleted data still lucking in your device can be deleted using Umate Pro. This deletion is permanent.
- Erase Third-Party Apps: Third-party apps like Whatsapp, WeChat, Viber, KIK, and others can be deleted using iMyFone Umate Pro.
- 1-Click clear up: This feature can erase junk files, temporary data, and others to speed up your iPhone.
Completely Erase iPhone Data Including iPhone Password:
Before you start to erase and delete iPhone data with iMyFone Umate Pro, please make sure that you have turned off "Find My iPhone" feature in the Settings.
Step 1.Launch iMyFone Umate Pro and connect your disabled iPhone to the computer.
Step 2.After your iPhone is recognized by the program, click "Erase All Data" on the left side bar, and click "Erase" in the home interface to pop up a window where you need to input "delete" to confirm data erasing process.
Step 3.After you type "delete" into the box, you need to click "Erase Now" to start to erase all data on your iPhone.
After the whole process finishes, your iPhone will restart and you can use your iPhone without entering password. It is pretty easy to unlock disabled iPhone with above mentioned methods.