Apple ID is an essential part of owning and using an Apple device. Many services of Apple cannot be used optimally without Apple ID. This ID is used to access tons of services including (but not limited to) Apple Music, iTunes Match, Find My iPhone, iCloud, as well as downloading Podcasts and making purchases from iTunes.
What Happens if You Deactivate Apple ID?
You can use an Apple device without using an Apple ID. No matter whether it is an iPhone, iPad, or Mac – it will continue to work. However, without an Apple ID, you won’t be able to make purchases or download any additional apps from Mac or iOS App Store. You won’t be able to purchase items from iTunes as well. Those include videos and music.
How to Deactivate Apple ID?
Following are some methods to deactivate/delete Apple ID:
Deactivate Apple ID by Contacting Apple Support
While Apple does not offer any official way to deactivate Apple ID, you can still contact Apple Support and request them to deactivate your Apple ID. Try calling and asking them to deactivate your Apple ID from their system. It is not guaranteed that your ID will be deactivated via this method, but some users have gained success and managed to have Apple Support delete their account upon request. So, it is worth a try.
You will need to provide the requested information. To request Apple ID deletion, you must also provide the representative your Apple ID email address as well as support PIN (you can acquire that from Apple’s website). Apart from these, provide any other necessary information. You can visit https://support.apple.com/contact to contact Apple Support as well.
Keep in mind that if you manage to get your account deactivated by Apple Support, you can expect your purchases linked with your ID to get deleted as well. You will no longer be able to access those items if your ID is deactivated.
Deactivate Apple ID from iOS Device
Deactivating Apple ID from your iDevice is an easy process. You simply need to use your iDevice (iPhone, iPod, iPad, etc.) and remove Apple ID from some specific sections of Settings. Here are the steps:
- Open Settings on your iDevice.
- Tap your account name, it will be shown on the top of the interface.
- Find and select each of the listed devices and then tap ‘Remove from Account’ option.
(Note: you cannot select the device you are currently using).
- After that, select ‘Family Sharing’. It will be shown above your listed devices. Tap all your family member user names and then select ‘Remove [Name]’.
- Now sign out by navigating back to the Apple ID page.
- Navigate to iTunes & App Store > Apple ID and then tap Sign Out.
- Navigate to Settings > Music > Home Sharing > Apple ID and then find and tap Sign Out.
- You will need to sign out from Messages as well. To do this, Open Settings and then navigate to Messages > Send & Receive > Apple ID and then select Sign Out.
Deactivate Apple ID from iTunes
Deactivating Apple ID from iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC is quite a straightforward process. Follow these instructions to deactivate Apple ID from iTunes on Mac:
- Open iTunes on your Mac and navigate to Store > View Account.
- Now find and select Cloud and then navigate to iTunes > Manage Devices and choose ‘Remove’ next to all devices that are associated with your Apple ID. Click ‘Done’ button when finished.
- If you are using an older macOS, then select ‘Deauthorize All’. It will delete your Apple ID from all the devices it is signed into.
- After that, remove all your device in the ‘Manage Devices’ section.
- Finally, select Store > Deauthorize This Computer.
Bonus Tip: How to Completely Reset iPhone/iPad
You might want to start fresh after deactivate your Apple ID. Resetting your iDevice is the best way to do this. When it comes to completely resetting an iDevice, it is recommended that you use iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser.
This is one of the best iDevice data erasing tools. It has been designed to delete iDevice data permanently. ‘Erase All Data’ mode of Umate Pro allows you to completely and permanently delete all media files from your iDevice. It is fast, efficient, and one-click solution to start fresh. It is better than a normal Factory Reset of your iDevice.
Following are some features of Umate Pro:
- Erase iDevice data permanently. Data erased by Umate Pro is 100% unrecoverable.
- All types of data can be erased, including third-party app data.
- Permanently erase data traces of deleted files.
- Preview files before deleting them selectively.
- Free up iDevice space with ‘1-Click Free Up Space’ mode and boost its performance.
Steps to Completely Reset iPhone/iPad
- Connect Your iDevice to PC
- Choose Erase All Data Mode
- Select Security Level and Confirm