It is possible that iPad users may forget the password for a long time no-use. Then you may not be able to access your iPad data. In this case, you need to reset your device. But how to reset iPad 2 without password? You just need to put your iPad 2 in recovery mode which is useful to erase iPad data. It will delete all contents and bring it back to factory default.
How to Reset iPad 2 without Password
1 Reset iPad 2 Never Synced with iTunes
The task is a little more difficult, although not completely impossible, if your iPad 2 is not synched with your iTunes account. There are a few additional steps to complete the process.
- Connect one end of USB cable to computer.
- Hold down the “sleep/wake” button until the red slider appears.
- Move the slider with your finger to turn off the device.
- Connect the iPad 2 to the computer while, at the same time, holding down the “Home” button on the device.
- A message will appear that says “Connect to iTunes”. Release the “Home” button at that time.
- Launch iTunes, which, when launched, will tell you it detects a device in recovery mode.
- Click “OK” and then click “Restore” to perform a restore on iPad 2 without a password.
2 Reset iPad 2 Synced with iTunes
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will learn how to reset an iPad 2 without a password. If you are looking to reset your own iPad 2 without a password prior to giving it away or trading it in, you will likely have it already synched with iTunes, which will make the process much easier to accomplish. If the iPad 2 is synched with iTunes, follow these basic steps to reset your iPad 2 without a passcode:
- Connect your iPad 2 with your computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Find the iPad icon in the left corner of iTunes and click on it.
- Click “Back Up Now” on the home interface.
- Tap “Restore” button when backup finishes.
How to Permanently Reset iPad 2 wihtout Password
Instead of worrying about whether your device is synched with iTunes, learning a new method each and every time there is a new issue, you can choose to turn to iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac. This software is a more secure method to help restore, and protect your data and your iPad 2. Its key feature is to help to reset your iPad 2 or other iOS devices to factory default settings.
iMyFone is trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world.
The difference between iMyFone and “Reset” is, iMyFone completely destroy all the data without zero chance of recovery while “Reset” just remove the encryption part. In other words, it is still possible to retrieve data from the deep ground even after “Reset” . It does not require being synched to the software at all times.
To reset your iPad 2 to default, “Erase All Data” is recommended to you. It is much easier to utilize than it sounds. Just follow these steps and you will be on your way to a reset device:
1. Connect your iPad 2 to your PC.
2. Choose “Erase All Data” mode and hit “Erase” button.
3. You can choose the security levels. Of course, the higher would be safer. Then type “delete” into the box and tap “Erase Now” button to confirm.
Besides, if you do not want to erase all data, here are also 2 erase modes which you can selectively erase some private data.
- Erase Private Data: Not only the default iOS data, but also third party app data are supported to be permanently destroyed. Especially, you can choose to erase WhatsApp message and media.
- Erase Deleted Files: Even though you have thoroughly removed data from your device, they can be scanned out. You can preview and then choose to completely destroy them. This mode also supports third party apps.
- 1-Click Cleanup: If your iPad 2 is running slow or has other issue like crashing and frozen, you can try this mode to optimize its performance before reset.
iTunes or iMyFone Umate Pro?
Both iTunes and iMyFone Umate Pro offer concise options to reset your iPad 2 without a password. However, iTunes can be more cumbersome because it requires being synched in order to conduct the reset in a concise matter. Otherwise, you must hold down the proper buttons on the device at the proper moment, which an get cumbersome and frustrating. Furthermore, the data is still there and can be recovered by someone who knows the process to recovery or recovery tool.
On the contrary, iMFfone Umate Pro simply requires the device to be connected and the software downloaded. Furthermore, iMyFone Umate Pro completely deletes files from the device. These filed cannot, under any circumstances, be recovered by anyone once the process is complete.