You can also read this guide in Français.
It is possible that iPad users may forget the password for a long time no-use. Then you may not be able to access your iPad data. In this case, you need to reset your device. But how to reset iPad 2/4/Pro/mini/Air without password? You just need to put your iPad in recovery mode which is useful to erase iPad data. It will delete all contents and bring it back to factory default.
How to Reset iPad 2/4/Pro/mini/Air without Password
1 Reset iPad Never Synced with iTunes
The task is a little more difficult, although not completely impossible, if your iPad 2 is not synched with your iTunes account. There are a few additional steps to complete the process.
- Connect one end of USB cable to computer.
- Hold down the “sleep/wake” button until the red slider appears.
- Move the slider with your finger to turn off the device.
- Connect the iPad 2 to the computer while, at the same time, holding down the “Home” button on the device.
- A message will appear that says “Connect to iTunes”. Release the “Home” button at that time.
- Launch iTunes, which, when launched, will tell you it detects a device in recovery mode.
- Click “OK” and then click “Restore” to perform a restore on iPad 2 without a password.
2 Reset iPad 2 Synced with iTunes
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will learn how to reset an iPad 2 without a password. If you are looking to reset your own iPad 2 without a password prior to giving it away or trading it in, you will likely have it already synched with iTunes, which will make the process much easier to accomplish. If the iPad 2 is synched with iTunes, follow these basic steps to reset your iPad 2 without a passcode:
- Connect your iPad 2 with your computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Find the iPad icon in the left corner of iTunes and click on it.
- Click “Back Up Now” on the home interface.
- Tap “Restore” button when backup finishes.
How to Reset iPad 2/4/Pro/mini/Air without Passcode Permanently
Instead of worrying about whether your iPad is synched with iTunes, learn a new method. You can turn to iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser or iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser for Mac. It's an ultimate iOS data eraser that can permanently erase iPad data and make data 100% unrecoverable so as to protect your data from being leaked.
To perform factory reset iPad, "Erase All Data" feature of Umate Pro is developed to wipe all data on your iPad in a moment. Unlike normal factory reset just makes data invisible, Umate Pro makes sure that erased data is no longer recoverable by any recovery tool.
Steps to Factory Reset iPad without Password Permanently
Note: For resetting iPad without passcode, firstly, you should make sure that "Find my iPhone" is turned off.
Step 1. Connect your iPad to your computer and has Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser installed.
Step 2. Choose “Erase All Data” mode and hit “Erase” button.
Step 3. You can choose the security levels. Of course, the higher would be safer. Then type “delete” into the box and tap “Erase Now” button to confirm.
Besides, if you do not want to erase all data, here are also 3 other erase modes which you can selectively erase some private data.
- Erase Data 100% Unrecoverable: Wipe all iPad data, or permanently erase private messages, call logs, history, photos, videos, WhatsApp and more selectively.
- Erase Deleted Files: Even though you have thoroughly removed data from iPad, they can be scanned out. You can preview and then choose to completely destroy them.
- Erase Traces of 3rd-Party Apps:Incomplete fragments left by Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and 10+ more apps wwill be completely cleared from iPad.
- 1-Click Cleanup: If your iPad is running slow or has other issue like crashing and frozen, you can try this mode to optimize its performance before reset.
The difference between iMyFone Erase and iPhone Reset is, iMyFone completely destroy all the data without zero chance of recovery while “Reset” just remove the encryption part. In other words, it is still possible to retrieve data from the deep ground even after “Reset”.
To reset your iPad 2/4/Pro/mini/Air to factory default, “Erase All Data” is recommended to you. It's much easier and safer to utilize than it sounds.
iTunes Restore vs iMyFone Erase
Both iTunes and iMyFone Umate Pro offer concise options to reset your iPad without a password. However, iTunes can be more cumbersome because it requires being synched in order to conduct the reset in a concise matter. Otherwise, you must hold down the proper buttons on the device at the proper moment, which can get cumbersome and frustrating. Furthermore, the data is still there and can be recovered by someone who knows the process to recovery or recovery tool.
On the contrary, iMyFone Umate Pro simply requires the device to be connected and the software downloaded. Furthermore, iMyFone Umate Pro completely deletes files from the device. These filed cannot, under any circumstances, be recovered by anyone once the process is complete.