In iOS 8, Apple introduced recent contacts on its multitasking menu i.e. app switcher. This new feature is very useful when it comes to quick text or call your most-contacted family and friends. With just a single tap on any of the contact bubbles, different kinds of options like message, call and FaceTime will appear.
But sometimes we need to delete recents on iPhone, such as;
- To free up iPhone memory;
- To wipe out private data;
- It is annoying to some people, especially when it means seeing a particular face constantly;
- Some people feel the recent feature on the app switcher is obscuring half of the screen, especially when it’s in landscape mode;
- Do not just like the feature and would prefer it as a widget in the notification center.
How to Delete Recents on iPhone - Also work with iOS 11
1 How to Delete Recent Calls on iPhone
Everything concerning call history on iPhone is revealed by the recent calls feature in "Phone" app. As good as having a record of your phone calls is, sometimes it can become a problem. Little by little it chops into the phone memory. Below is a complete guide on how to delete recent call on iPhone:
- From Home screen of your iPhone, launch Phone app and go to “Recents” tab.
- Tap “Edit” button at the top right corner.
- Each of phone record has a red “delete” option to the left of phone number or name. When you see this "delete" option, tap on it.
- If you want to delete all calls, hit “Clear” button at the top left corner and click “Clear All Recents” to confirm.
2 How to Delete Recents on App Switcher Screen
- Go to “Settings” app.
- Inside, tap on “Mail, Contacts and Calendars”.
- Scroll down the screen to the “CONTACTS” tab and click “Show in App Switcher”.
- Switch “Phone Favorites” and “Recents” off.
3 Cons of Deleting Recents from iPhone
Where there is a will there is a way for technology especially for tech savvy folks. There are a lot of softwares available these days that can locate and retrieve blocked, hidden or even deleted files. So simply deleting recents from your iPhone is not all there is to erase recents on your iPhone, especially for private and personal files.
How to Permanently Delete Recents on iPhone, iOS 11 Included
Since deleted recents can be recovered by some recovery tools, your best option is to look for programs like iMyFone Umate Pro to permanently delete recents with no opportunity for recovery.
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a unique program designed to help in permanent erasing of data or files and recents are inclusive. It’s easy and safe to use. Depending on your needs, there are 4 erase modes and different cleansing levels of high, medium and low to choose from:
Erase All Data - Factory reset on iPhone can remove everything but cannot promise zero chance of recovery. But iMyFone Umate Pro can do what Reset can and cannot.
Erase Deleted Files - Simply deleting files on iPhone is not enough because it can be easily recovered. You can permanently erase those deleted files with no chance of recovery even if the latest recovery tools are used.
Erase Private Data - This iPhone data eraser will completely destroy private data to make sure private information on your iPhone is totally erased and 100% unrecoverable and therefore keeping your personal information secure.
Steps to Delete Recents Calls Permanently
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click on “Erase Private Data” tab, hit "Scan" button.
Step 3: Uncheck other items except “Call History”. You can preview first and hit “Erase Now” button.
Step 4: Type "delete" into the box to confirm and hit “Erase Now” button to start.
(If you have already deleted recents and want to make it unrecoverable, you can go to “Erase Deleted Files” to completely erase it.)
iMyFone Umate Pro also provides “1-Click Free Up Space” feature for space saving. It makes it easy to reclaim much available storage.
- As much as 30+ types of junk files can be cleaned once, such as caches, corrupted files, cookies, and more.
- Useless temporary files can be cleaned thoroughly to regain much space.
- Massive photos and videos can be transferred to computer.
- Mass delete photos or large files according to different file sizes.
- Losslessly compress photos and save 75% photo storage.
- A bulk of apps can be managed at the same time.