iPhone is one of the best smartphone devices but as Apple has launched the new models, especially the newest one, iPhone 7, you might be looking forward to buying a new one. You may consider selling the old iPhone 4. However, the real problem arises when you have to discard for selling but it has your data stored in it at different locations that you might not be aware of.
Thus, to deal with these kinds of situations, the only solution available is to reset the iPhone 4 and here is the method of doing it with iTunes.
Part 1 How to Factory Reset iPhone 4 with iTunes
Make sure that you have backed up all your essential data or have stored it in some other device. Now here is how to factory reset iPhone 4 with iTunes.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. Then connect your iPhone 4 with it through a USB cable.
- Launch the iTunes applications and click on the option of iPhone.
- A notification might appear asking you about the passcode of your iPhone. You have to follow the on-screen steps.
- Select your iPhone 4 when it appears on the screen.
- In the Summary panel, you will see the option of Restore iPhone, select it.
- Click Restore again to confirm and the iTunes will reset your device.
Part 2 How to Permanently Reset iPhone 4
We all know that after the factory reset there are some software that can help to recover the data. Therefore, you must be worried that it might cost you your privacy. Thus, the solution to this problem is iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac.
This latest technology software is a popular iOS data eraser, which would help you to permanently factory reset your iPhone 4 with advanced overwriting technology. It can help you to erase everything from your iPhone 4 with no chance of recovery even with the latest recovery tools. It has a user-friendly interface and the instructions are easy to follow.
13 Steps to Permanently Reset iPhone 4
Here is a simple three-step process that will help you to erase all data from your iPhone 4 permanently.
Step 1: Download and install iMyfone Umate Pro on your computer and connect your iPhone 4 to your computer with its USB cable.
Step 2: Launch the software. You have to select the option of Erase All Data and then click on Erase.
Step 3: Now type “delete” into the box and confirm the procedure by clicking on Erase Now. All your data will be permanently erased on your iPhone 4.
2Amazing Features of iMyfone Umate Pro
Erase All Data
You can permanently delete all the data from your device without any chance of recovery. This function is similar to Reset on iPhone itself. However, Reset cannot promise zero chance of recovery while iMyfone Umate Pro can.
With a single click all, tons of storage space will be cleaned up on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch at one click and thus your iPhone will work at a proper speed.
- Junk files and temporary files which are hard to delete on the device itself would be easily cleaned up here.
- Photos can be compressed with no visible quality lost but will save 75%+ photo space.
- Back up first before photos or large files will be mass removed. Large files can be managed according to different file sizes.
- A bulk of apps would be much easier to remove than that on the device itself.
Erase Private Data
To ensure that not even 1 % recoverable data is left on your phone. iMyfone Umate Pro will even completely erase selected private files, such as messages, photos, call history, SMS attachment, Safari history, etc.
Erase Deleted Files
You may simply delete some data or files before with possibility of recovery. iMyfone Umate Pro will help you to find them out and permanently erase them with zero chance of recovery.
You might be wondering that why you should use software like iMyfone Umate Pro when you have the option of factory reset. Therefore, here are some of the advantages that only iMyfone Umate Pro will provide you.
- You can select from 4 different modes for deleting the data according to your requirement.
- All your data will be permanently deleted without any chances of recovery.
- You can selectively erase the private file. Before erasing, you can preview first.
So make the right choice and know how to factory reset iPhone 4 with iTunes. Prevent your private data from the hands of the evil by using iMyfone Umate Pro.