iPhone getting disabled or locked can be frustrating. This often happens on many occasions, for instance, when you forget your password, break your screen or receive error messages that “iPhone has been disabled.” Peradventure you are facing this problem, then you will need to restore your device through iTunes, but you will lose all your data if you did not back up your iTunes files and sometimes iTunes cannot fix this problem. Therefore, this article will show you three other ways to achieve your iPhone disabled fix without iTunes.
How to Achieve iPhone Disabled Fix without iTunes
If you are facing the problem of iPhone disabled and don’t want to use iTunes, then you can fix your disabled iPhone through any of the following ways.
1. Unlock Disabled iPhone with Find My iPhone
Most people don’t know that there are other ways to achieve iPhone disabled fix without iTunes. A useful way of solving this issue is via Apple’s Find My iPhone feature. This allows you to lock, locate or reset your iDevice remotely. The following steps will guide you.
Step 1: Log into your iCloud account and visit the Find My iPhone feature, then click on the DEVICE option.
Step 2: Choose the iDevice that has been disabled.
Step 3: Now, find your iPhone, play a sound on it and lock it. You need to erase your device if you want your iPhone 6 disabled fix without iTunes.
Step 4: Tap on the ERASE DEVICE option and confirm. The Find My iPhone feature will also erase your iPhone remotely.
2. Unlock Disabled iPhone with iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac enables you free space on your iOS device with a single click. The highest recommendation of it is that the software can permanently erase all of your data, no matter the current data or the deleted ones. If you want iPhone/iPad disabled fix without iTunes, using iMyFone Umate Pro would be a good choice.
- Erase All Data: It can erase all your files and data permanently and 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase Deleted Files: It can scan your iDevice for deleted files and wipe them thoroughly.
- Erase Private Data: It can selectively delete private data such as call history, SMS messages, photos, WhatsApp messages, etc.
- Erase Third-party Data: It has the specialized function for third-party applications like permanently deleting the fragments they created.
The steps below will guide you on how to achieve iPhone disabled fix without iTunes by using iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro and plug in your iDevice using a cable.
Step 2: Choose the ERASE ALL DATA mode and tap on the ERASE button. In the next window, you will see a box, type DELETE and confirm.
Step 3: After typing DELETE into the box, press the ERASE NOW button to wipe all data from your iDevice.
3. Unlock Disabled iPhone with Siri
You may be surprised that Siri can also be used to solve the problem of disabled iPhone. However, this method is only compatible with iOS devices running on iOS 8.0 to iOS 10.1. The following steps will show you how to use Siri to fix iPhone 5s disabled without iTunes.
Step 2: Go to the WORLD CLOCK interface and select to add another clock.
Step 3: You will be asked to search a city. Just type anything and click on the SELECT ALL option.
Step 4: Now, you will see several options such as copy, define, cut and so on. Just click on the SHARE option.
Step 5: Click on the MESSAGE icon to proceed.
Step 6: A TO field will appear, just type anything and press the RETURN button.
Step 7: Your text will be highlighted in green color. Click on it and press the plus icon.
Step 8: A new window will appear. Simply click on the CREATE NEW CONTACT button.
Step 9: Afterwards, choose to add a picture and click on the ADD PHOTO option.
Step 10: Once the Photo Library appears, go to the photo album.
Step 11: Rather than choosing a picture, exit the interface by tapping the HOME button. This will start the home screen of your device.
How to Avoid iPhone/iPad Disabled Fix without iTunes in the Future
- The easiest way to do this is to avoid entering a wrong passcode repeatedly. This prevents your iDevice from disabling itself or locking up automatically.
- Enable complex passcode, because it requires a string of long character before it can be denied.
- Keep your iPhone out of the reach of people who can accidentally or intentionally input enter passcodes.
- Backup files and data on your iPhone regularly in case you need to restore your device so you can still access them.