Have you lost some of your WhatsApp messages? While it may be very important that you get them back, it is also worth noting that most data recovery methods may not be as effective in recovering your WhatsApp messages. in this article, we are going to be looking at the different ways you can restore lost WhatsApp messages and show you a much better way to get your messages back.
1 Back up and Restore WhatsApp Messages Using iCloud
First you need to backup your WhatsApp messages to iCloud so you can restore it back to your iPhone.
Step 1: Open your WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap the “Settings” button at the bottom right corner of the screen and then on “Chat Settings.” Tap on “Chat Backup.”
Step 3 : Next on chat backup window, get to backup now option to back up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud.
After you have backed up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud, you now need to restore them back to your iPhone.
Step 1: Make sure you have launched your WhatsApp app on your iPhone
Step 2: Sign in to the app using the same phone number you used in backing up your data and click Done.
Step 3: After you have signed in, the app asks you to restore your chat history from iCloud.Simply hit on Restore Chat History to restore your WhatsApp messages back to iPhone.
2 Troubleshooting Restoring Problems
Should you run into any problems when restoring the WhatsApp messages, here are a few things to consider.
- Justify that you signed into iCloud in iPhone settings then iCloud.
- Confirm that you are trying to retrieve data from the same phone number and iCloud account that you used when creating your backup.
- Prove that your iPhone has enough space to retrieve the backup. To check the available space get to iPhone settings, hit on General then About.
- Justify that your iCloud Drive is turned on through iPhone settings then iCloud then iCloud Drive. When using iOS 7 or before, Documents and Data is in place of iCloud Drive.
- If you used iCloud Drive to create your backup, you won’t be able to retrieve the backup on any device not on iOS 8 or later.
- If you have used your Apple ID to turn on iCloud Drive for any device, you will not retrieve data on your iPhone. You will only if it is on iOS or later
- Try restoring from a different network. Trying to restore in the geographical location from which you use most times works best with iCloud.
3 Retrieve WhatsApp Messages from iPhone/iTunes Backup/iCloud Backup
There is no way to restore WhatsApp messages using iTunes, expect to use a 3rd party tool. You can also retrieve WhatsApp messages from backup with iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery or iPhone data recovery for Mac software.
It is a program tool that allows you to retrieve all your lost data from your iPhone or any other iOS device. It also restores data from iPad and iPod touch. iMyFone D-Back is incredible software that can be downloaded freely. It helps your retrieve files with four recovery methods which are; Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
- It retrieves lost data in four ways; Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
- It allows you to preview the files you would like to retrieve before you can recover them.
- It supports a wide range of file types such as WhatsApp messages, attachments, notes, photos, contacts, reminders, videos, audio, call history, calendars and many more.
- It allows you to restore files lost through damage or lose of an iPhone, mysterious disappearing of files, attack by virus, an update of an iPhone and more reasons.