Do you want to restore your WhatsApp messages back on iPhone? You can restore your WhatsApp messages from iCloud or restore them form backup using a software like iMyfone D-Back as is explained in this article. You need to back up your data so you can retrieve them back on your iPhone no matter the circumstance. This article takes you through how you can backup and restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud to your iPhone. It also guides you on how to troubleshoot restoring problems in case of difficulties.
First you need to backup your WhatsApp messages to iCloud so you can restore it back to your iPhone.
1 Steps to Back up and Restore WhatsApp messages to iCloud
Step 1: Open your WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Get to the settings button at the bottom right corner of the screen and hit on it. Thereafter click on chat settings and from the open chat settings window, hit on chat Backup
Step 3 : Next on chat backup window, get to backup now option to back up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud.
After you have backed up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud, you now need to restore them back to your iPhone.
Step 1: Make sure you have launched your WhatsApp app on your iPhone
Step 2: Sign in to the app using the same phone number you used in backing up your data and click Done.
Step 3: After you have signed in, the app asks you to restore your chat history from iCloud.Simply hit on Restore Chat History to restore your WhatsApp messages back to iPhone.
2 Troubleshooting restoring problems
Where you get problems trying to restore a backup, you can easily trouble shoot them. Below are the steps you can follow when unable to restore a backup.
- Justify that you signed into iCloud in iPhone settings then iCloud.
- Confirm that you are trying to retrieve data from the same phone number and iCloud account that you used when creating your backup.
- Prove that your iPhone has enough space to retrieve the backup. To check the available space get to iPhone settings, hit on General then About.
- Justify that your iCloud Drive is turned on through iPhone settings then iCloud then iCloud Drive. When using iOS 7 or before, Documents and Data is in place of iCloud Drive.
- If you used iCloud Drive to create your backup, you won’t be able to retrieve the backup on any device not on iOS 8 or later.
- If you have used your Apple ID to turn on iCloud Drive for any device, you will not retrieve data on your iPhone. You will only if it is on iOS or later
- Try restoring from a different network. Trying to restore in the geographical location from which you use most times works best with iCloud.
3 Using iMyfone D-back to retrieve WhatsApp messages from backup
iMyfone D-Back is a program tool that allows you to retrieve all your lost data from your iPhone or any other iOS device. It also restores data from iPad and iPod touch. iMyfone D-Back is incredible software that can be downloaded freely. It helps your retrieve files with four recovery methods which are; Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
Features of iMyfone D-Back software
- It can retrieve files from all iOS devices such as iPhone 6, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPod touch 4, iPad Pro and many others.
- It retrieves lost data in four ways; Smart Recovery, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
- It allows you to preview the files you would like to retrieve before you can recover them.
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP as well as Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10.
- It supports a wide range of file types such as WhatsApp messages, attachments, notes, photos, contacts, reminders, videos, audio, call history, calendars and many more.
- It allows you to restore files lost through damage or lose of an iPhone, mysterious disappearing of files, attack by virus, an update of an iPhone and more reasons.