"Yesterday, I was reading my notes on my iPhone and accidently deleted some of my valuable notes from my device while trying to delete something else. I backed up my data once after every 2 weeks so I am confident that they would be safe in the iCloud. However, I am very desperate to get back my lost notes and want to know how to retrieve notes from iCloud?"
iPhone users who encounter problem like Oliver's are not rare. Actually they don't have to worry about how to retrieve notes from iCloud. There are different ways to do that. We will show you 2 ways in the following text, one is using the Apple's official way, the other is using a 3rd-party tool which offers more advantages.
1 Official Way to Retrieve Notes from iCloud
To retrieve your notes using iCloud, you have to restore your old iCloud backup. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Begin by erasing all the contents and settings from your device. Go to Settings > Reset > and then tap “Erase all Content and Settings”.
Step 2: Now, follow the instructions on the setup screen until you get to the “Apps & Data” screen and click “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
Step 3: sign in to iCloud and select the latest backup and keep the device connected to a Wi-Fi network until the process is complete.
Shortages of Using the Official Way
Basically, iCloud is not an ideal solution for getting back lost or deleted data. It does not mean that you can’t retrieve deleted notes from iCloud but sometimes it becomes useless. There are many reasons for avoiding iCloud backup when going to retrieve notes from iCloud backup.
- First of all, all of your current notes will be deleted if you are going to recover the lost or deleted ones via iCloud using the official method. The notes you are working on now will be erased as your device will be restored to the time when it was backed up last. So, if you want to keep your current notes and data then it is better to avoid the official way to retrieve notes from iCloud.
- The second reason is that you won’t be able to preview the data present in the iCloud backup. So, you will never know for sure that the notes which you are trying to retrieve are actually available in the iCloud backup or not.
- The third reason is that sometimes your iPhone or iPad does not restore correctly or fully from iCloud backup. Therefore, it is very clear that the official way for retrieving notes from iCloud is not the best.
So, we will introduce a reliable third-party software program to retrieve notes from iCloud backup in the following part.
2 Retrieve Notes from iCloud without Restore
iMyFone D-Port iOS Backup Extractor is a very useful data transfer tool which can help you in extracting data from iCloud backup/iTunes backup/iOS devices in the simplest manner. The following are its main features.
- Supports exporting data from iCloud to computer without ovwewriting the existing data on iPhone.
- It can export 20+ file types including videos, photos, messages, call logs, WhatsApp/Kik/WeChat chat history and attachments and more.
- Preview function is there to select particular files from iCloud/iTunes/iPhone.
- Support iOS version 7/8/9/10, including the latest iOS 10.3.
How to Retrieve Notes from the iCloud using iMyFone D-Port
1. Download and install the iMyFone program on your PC/Mac. Run the program and choose Extract from iCloud Backup. As you want to retrieve your notes from iCloud so select Note as the file type to extract. You can also select all the file types.
2. Log in your iCloud account to choose the exact backup file that you want to retrieve your notes from and then select Next to download it.
3. After all the notes in iCloud backup display, use the preview option to select those notes which you want to retrieve. After selecting the notes, click the ‘Recover’ button to recover notes of your choice.
Two ways to retrieve deleted notes from iCloud backup are discussed above. Just select the most suitable you need. And don't forget to use the free trial version of iMyFone D-Port iOS Backup Extractor to confirm whether the notes you have lost are in your iCloud backup.