Yesterday, I was reading my notes on my iPhone and accidently deleted some of my valuable notes from my device while trying to delete something else. I backup my data once after every 2 weeks so I am confident that they would be safe in the iCloud. However, I am very desperate to get back my lost notes and want to know how to retrieve notes from iCloud.
There are different ways to retrieve notes from iCloud. We will show you 2 ways in the following text, one is using the official way, the other is using a 3rd-party tool.
1 Official Way to Retrieve Notes from iCloud
To retrieve your notes using iCloud, you have to restore the most recent backup. Here’s how to do it
Step 1: Begin by erasing all the contents and settings from your device. Go to Settings > Reset > and then tap “Erase all Content and Settings”
Step 2: Now, follow the instructions on the setup screen until you get to the “Apps & Data” screen and click “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
Step 3: sign in to iCloud and select the latest backup and keep the device connected to a Wi-Fi network until the process is complete.
Shortages of Using the Official Way
Basically, iCloud is not an ideal solution for getting back lost or deleted data. It does not mean that you can’t retrieve deleted notes from iCloud but sometimes it becomes useless. There are many reasons for avoiding iCloud backup when going to retrieve notes from iCloud backup.
- First of all, all of your current notes will be deleted if you are going to recover the lost or deleted ones via iCloud using the official method. The notes you are working on now will be erased as your device will be restored to the time when it was backed up last. So, if you want to keep your current notes and data then it is better to avoid the official way to retrieve notes from iCloud.
- The second reason is that you won’t be able to preview the data present in the iCloud backup. So, you will never know for sure that the notes which you are trying to retrieve are actually available in the iCloud backup or not.
- The third reason is that sometimes your iPhone or iPad does not restore correctly or fully from iCloud backup. Therefore, it is very clear that the official way for retrieving notes from iCloud is not the best.
So, we will introduce a reliable third party software program to retrieve notes from iCloud backup in the following part.
2 Retrieve Notes from iCloud without Restore
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Win or iPhone data recovery for Mac is a very useful data recovery tool which can help you in recovering your lost data in the simplest manner. It can recover 22+ lost or deleted file types including videos, photos, messages, call logs, WhatsApp/Kik/Skype/WeChat chat history and attachments, Safari history, bookmarks and more. Following are its main features.
- You can recover your data through 4 data recovery modes: Smart recovery, Recover from iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
- Preview function is there to select particular file types.
- Supports exporting data from iCloud to computer without ovwewriting the existing data on your iPhone.
How to Retrieve Notes from the iCloud using iMyFone D-Back
1. First of all, download and install the iMyfone D-Back in your PC. Now open the program and choose the recovery mode: iOS device, iTunes backup or iCloud backup.As you want to retrieve your notes from iCloud so select the Recover from iCloud Backup mode.
2. Log in iCloud account to choose the backup file that you want to retrieve your notes from and then select next.
3. After finding the deleted notes, use the preview option to select those notes which you want to retrieve. After selecting the notes, click the ‘Recover’ button to recover notes of your choice.