While using your iPhone and observing the battery is going to dead, you got your charger and started charging it. After a while, you unplug your device from the charging cable and still see the iPhone stuck on battery logo and unable to use the device. If this is the case, check the troubleshooting tips we have listed below that can be performed to fix the problem. Read carefully while performing them and make your iPhone out of that red battery screen.
5 Tips to Fix iPhone Stuck on Charging Screen or Battery Logo
- 1. Put Your iPhone into DFU Mode and Charge with a Original Charger and Cord
- 2. Set Your iPhone into Recovery Mode and Force Restart Your iPhone Next Day
- 3. Fix iPhone Stuck on Battery Logo without Data Loss
- 4. Restore iPhone using DFU Mode via iTunes (Data Loss)
- 5. Change the Battery at Apple Store
1. Put iPhone into DFU Mode and Charge with a Original Charger and Cord
When your iPhone stuck on battery screen, you can put it in the DFU mode and later try charging it. To do this, here is the guide.
- Connect your device to your PC firstly and then hold down the 'Power' button along with 'Home' button if you use iPhone 6 and earlier iPhone model ('Volume Down' button if you have iPhone 7 or 7 Plus). After 10 seconds, release the 'Power' button ('Volume Down' button ) but keep holding the other one until you see the black screen indicating that your device is connected to iTunes. Your iPhone now is in DFU mode.
- In order to put iPhone 8/8 Plus/X in DFU mode, you need to connect iPhone to PC and give a quick press to 'Volume Up' button followed by 'Volume Down' button. Now press the 'Power' key for 10 seconds and when the screen goes black, release it and then immediately hold down 'Volume Down' and 'Power' buttons together for nearly 5 seconds. At the end, release the 'Power' button and continue to hold the 'Volume Down' button for 5-7 seconds until iTunes show you that the device is detected and the screen turns black.
Once your device is in DFU mode, wait for a while and disconnect your device from the PC. Take your charger (make sure it is original one) and start charging your device. In such cases your iPhone uses way less energy mainly because the display stays off. Wait for about half an hour and then reboot the iPhone in order to have it properly booted.
Note: In this article, you will need to perform the steps to put your device into DFU mode or Recovery mode in several tips. If the steps are not clear for you, check the guide here.
2. Set iPhone into Recovery Mode and Force Restart Your iPhone Next Day
If still your iPhone is stuck on red battery screen, follow this method to get out of the problem.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and start holding down the 'Home' and 'Power' buttons simultaneously until you see the 'Connect to iTunes' screen. For iPhone 7/7 Plus, hold down 'Power' and 'Volume Down' keys together until iTunes logo appears.
- The iPhone 8/8 Plus/X users are required to press 'Volume Up' button then 'Volume Down' button. Subsequently, long press 'Power' button until you see the same 'Connect to iTunes' screen.
These steps will take your device in recovery mode. Keep your device like this and the next day, force restart it to see if you can fix the issue.
3. Fix iPhone Stuck on Battery Logo without Data Loss (iOS 11.4 Supported)
If you're concern about your data being lost, the perfect option you can go with is iMyFone iOS System Recovery. This third-party tool is the most compatible one having the power to fix all major iOS issues including iPhone stuck on charging screen. The tool is fully secure and provides three professional modes that can help you fix your device stuck on home screen, Apple logo, boot loop and so on. It can fix these iOS issues without data loss. It is completely easy to use and requires no special technical skills to solve the issue. Let us see how you can make your device back to normal.
How to Use iMyFone iOS System Recovery When iPhone Stuck on Charging Screen
Step 1 – Download and install the program in your PC and open it to start the process. Make sure to connect your PC with iPhone using the authorized digital cable.
After this, click on the 'Standard Mode' from the three modes available on the screen.
Step 2 – Click on 'Start' after this and put your device in DFU mode so that the program makes it easy to give you the suitable firmware. You can also put your device into Recovery mode.
Step 3 – Now, your iPhone will be detected by the software and you need to click on 'Download' button.
This will automatically download the suitable firmware in your device making it back to normal. Lastly, hit on 'Start To Fix' and within a while, your device and the problem will be fixed.
4. Restore iPhone using DFU Mode via iTunes (Data Loss)
You can also take help of this method when you find your iPhone stuck on red battery screen. Please note that with putting your device in DFU mode and restoring it with iTunes, your data will be lost.
- Open iTunes and plug your device to the PC.
- Now, follow the DFU setting steps mentioned above and put your device in the same mode.
- When you see the pop-up window, you need to click on 'Restore' button. This will restore your device to the factory settings.
5. Change the Battery at Apple Store
If still you see your iPhone stuck on battery logo, probably changing the battery is going to help you. Head to the nearest Apple Store and ask them to change the battery. Please don't try to change it on your own if you are unprofessional and don't know anything about this. Otherwise it will go out of Apple's warranty. We would highly recommend you to ask the Apple Store people to change them.