Can iOS 9 slow down iPhone? Some users have experienced a loss in the performance of their Apple devices since they updated their devices to iOS 9. The situation has even raised some sort of conspiracy theory; saying that Apple only wants to force people to get their new devices. That though isn't the premise of this article, but only goes to show the extent of the problem. However that is, whether it is a conspiracy or not, it can be really annoying if your iPhone lags for any reason. So, here are some simple tips to make iOS 9 run faster.
With each update comes added features, bug fixes, and improvements. However, the new features stretch the resources of the devices further, especially if the device is relatively old. Thankfully some of the new features can be turned off by navigating to the "Settings" tab on your iPhone or iPad to improve slow iOS 9 performance.
5 Tips with Steps to Fix iOS 9 Slow
Tip 1 Reduce Motion and Transparency
Apple devices are big on aesthetics and effects that make them loved and adored by fans. These features, however, are an extra strain on your devices performance, and lead to iOS 9 slow. Motion creates a 3D effect by using parallax motion while transparency conveys depth and makes things more legible.
Even though turning off motion and transparency rubs the iPhone of its shine. You can always toggle both off via the settings in these simple steps:
- In settings, navigate to "General".
- Once there, scroll to, and select "Accessibility".
- Select "Increase contrast", and tap "Reduce Transparency" and switch to "On" by toggling.
To reduce motion to make iOS 9 run faster:
- Go back to "Accessibility", and locate "Reduce motion"
- Toggle this option "On" as well.
Tip 2 Stop Background Refresh
Background refresh is intended to add a layer of intelligence, so that applications are ready every time they are opened. However, it can be burdening at times, especially when you want to play a game, or open an app that uses a lot of system's resources, meaning use too much iOS 9 storage, and can make the iOS 9 slow.
Hence, we need to turn it off to make iOS 9 faster. Apply the following steps to turn off background refresh.
- From the settings, locate "General".
- In "General", locate "Background App Refresh" and toggle it to off.
Tip 3 Close Running Apps
We can easily toggle between open apps on iPhone. This can often lead to apps left open for long periods even when they aren't useful anymore. These apps can make your iPad 2 slow on iOS 9.
To close open apps, press the "home" button twice, and swipe apps that you are done using in the northern direction.
Tip 4 Turn off Siri Search and Spotlight Suggestions
- Provide query results before you make queries
- Provide query results from outside the iOS device
- Provide query results from the web
- Provide query results from your phone
To turn this off to make iPad 2 faster on iOS 9, do the following:
- Locate "Siri" and "Spotlight Search" under "General in the settings app.
- Toggle to "Off" in both instances.
Tip 5 Delete Large & Junk Files to Make iOS 9 Faster
For effective running and easy retrieval of information, iOS devices come with functions that help them collect and keep data. Coupled with the data and files we add on the devices ourselves, there is need to delete, manage and move files. Improving iOS 9 performance is one of such. Get enough free storage on iOS 9 can greatly speed up your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
While there are many approaches to do this – using cloud storage, manually deleting apps and clearing Safari cache, the focus here will be to use an iOS cleaner (iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac), because they are easy, comprehensive, and seamless:
- The professinal iOS Cleaner can find out all hidden junk files and temporary file quickly. This can not be done by ourselves.
- Large files includ not only videos taken by ourselves but also lots of short videos sent by friends within WhatsApp,Facebook etc. If we delete them one by one, that's really a waist of time. But this ios Cleaner can detect and list all large files on your iOS device, you just need to preview them and mass delete some or all of them.
- When we delete too many files, we'll probably delete important files. But with iMyfone Umate, you can preview all files before deletion.
- For photos and videos, they take up too many storage, but maybe you do not want to delete them as they are meaningful for you. Then the best way is to delete them from iPhone but backup them on your PC. That's exactly what iMyone Umate is doing.
- The last is for privacy protection, as iMyfone Umate have the function of permanently erase private files, if your sensitive files are erased by Umate, then no one can recovery them, even with a recovery software.
And to use this one click software, you just need run this program and connect your device. Once you can apply these tips, watch your iOS 9 device switch from slow to snappy.
For some people, Siri and spotlight suggestion has become an integral part of productivity on their iPhones. To now tell them to delete them because of speed is perplexing when other methods with far more reaching effect on iPhone speed can be changed.
Improve performance in simple yet efficient manner by deleting junk files and removing temporary files from every nook and cranny of your device. This will serve up more performance juice than closing apps regularly and turning off motion and transparency.
Features of the iMyfone Umate iOS cleaner:
- Space-saving analysis of your iOS devices
- Compress photos losslessly & mass delete photos, and auto back up for the original photos
- Auto detect and delete large files over 5MB
- Manage and Remove Unused Apps to Release iPhone Space
- Clean up 30+ junk files in just one click
- Clear Temporary Files Thoroughly from iOS Devices
- Permanently erase iOS data: erase not only current files but also deleted files, the erased data is 100% unrecoverable.