Your iPhone consist of trash, if left untouched, it will lead to some unwanted consequences on iPhone. First of all, your iPhone space is limited, these trashes occupy a whole lot of space even if they are unwanted and their presence can potentially lead to slow and unresponsive iPhone. In fact, it is important to empty your iPhone trash as it is a way to ensure that your device performs optimally.
How to Empty Trash on iPhone?
1 Empty Trash on iPhone Mail
Empty iPhone trash for mail is easy, and should be done regularly in these simple steps:
Step 1. Select the "Mail" application from the main menu. Tap the email account you want to empty the trash. If you have multiple email accounts, then you will have to do this process for all the accounts.
Step 2. Select the "Trash" icon. Select the “Edit” button from the top right corner of the screen.
Step 3. On tapping “Edit”, tap the "Delete All" option to delete all the mails in the trash folder.
2 Empty Trash on iPhone Photo
To empty the trash of iPhone photos, do the following:
Step 1. Select the "Photos" application from the main menu. Scroll down to the “Recently Deleted” folder, and tap it to access the folder.
Step 2. Tap the “Edit” button at the top most corner to the right of your screen.
Step 3. You can either “Delete All”, or select some of the pictures and then selecting “Delete”.
Step 4. On tapping "Delete All" option, all the photos in the “Recently Added” folder have been deleted for good.
3 How to Completely Empty All Trash on iPhone:
Part 1 Delete All Invisible Trash - iPhone Junk Files (Free)
We have already known how to empty iPhone trash from Mail and Photo app, then we'll come to deal with the more mysterious hidden junk files on iPhone that pose as invisible trash on iPhone. Such files includs App caches, cookies, crash logs etc.
We can use iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to clear up junk files and other unnecessary files to empty invisible trash on iPhone. Cleanup of "Junk Files" is completely free as it does not cost you anything.
The following steps explain how to use the iMyFone Umate iPhone cleaner to completely empty iPhone trash.
Step 1. Launch Umate from your desktop, and plug in your iPhone to your computer.
Step 2. Click on the “Quick Scan” button to let the program scan your iPhone and find out all junk files and temporary files.
Step 3. Click on "Clean" button to clear up all these iPhone trash.
Part 2 Permanently Erase All Hidden Trash - Previously Deleted Files
Even after deleting your iPhone trash through normal means, it is not enough because it can still be recovered by using some recovery tools. Note that these deleted files would be invisible and hidden, except you erase them permanently with the iMyFone Umate pro. This software will scan your iPhone for these deleted files, lis them and erase all hidden and deleted files permanently.
Powerful Functions of iMyFone Umate iPhone Cleaner
- Clear Junk Files:use this feature to delete app caches, cookies, temp files and crash logs that cause iPhone devices to be slow and unresponsive.
- One-click Analysis and Cleanup Process: iMyFone Umate comes packed with 25+ analysis technologies, to give you a thorough overview of how space is being consumed.
- Delete Temporary Files: Clear out hidden and invisible temporary files and caches used by third-party apps.
- Compress Photos: The lossless photo compression can get back 75% of your photo space. Original photos can be transferred to computer automatically.
- Manage Apps: Free up space by deleting apps that are no longer needed.
- Manage Large Files: Backup and delete large videos/photos occupying major storage space on your iPhone.
- Permanently Erase iOS Data: Erase not only current files but also deleted files to avoid privacy leak, all iOS file types supported, and the erased data is 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase iPhone WhatsApp data: compeletly erase current and previously deleted WhatsApp messages, attached photos and videos.