iPods, iPhones, iPads and any iOS devices primarily have the same core architecture as other personal computers – windows, Mac or Linux. Hence they all show the same characteristics. Over time these devices begin to slow down and this is down to increased processes – as you install new applications, they all compete for system resources – temporary and junk files unnecessarily guing to the device and causing epic retardation in the system’s performances and large files as well doing a measure of damage in terms of space, and performance. It therefore creates constant headaches for iPod touch owners who want to make their iPod faster.
Most Effective Way to Make Your iPod touch Faster
Speeding up your iPod shouldn’t have to take Herculean might to achieve. You can use iMyfone Umate utility for easy one-click performance boosting of your iPod. Check out the following features of iMyfone Umate Pro / iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac:
- Compresses photos without a loss of quality
- Backs up and deletes photos for you
- Cleans junk and temporary files from your iPod
- Detect and mass delete large files on your iPod
- Manage the apps on your iPod
- Permanently erase all data or selected files, NO chance of recovery
- Find out previously deleted foles and completely erase them
These features make iMyfone Umate the go-to application for easy one-click performance-boosting and space-saving on iPod and other iOS devices.
To use iMyfone Umate to make your iPod touch run faster, do the following activities:
- Download and install iMyfone Umate cleaner to your computer system, then launch the iMyfone Umate application.
- Plug in your iPod to your computer system (make sure iTunes is installed).
- iMyfone Umate shows the space usage of your iPod after clicking on “Quick Scan”.
- You can then switch between the different tabs to see the different options and click “Clean”, and within minutes, your iPod is as clean as new.
Other DIY Tips to Make Your iPod touch Faster
1. Delete Unnecessary Services
Quite frankly, there are some background services that are essential for the running of the iPod, but some aren’t, and are only a clog on system resources. Examples of these are the App store and iTunes. To stop any of these services, so as to make iPod touch run faster, do the following:
- Open the “Settings” app from the home screen.
- Select “iTunes and App stores.
- You’ll see the option of automatic updates for “Music”, “Apps” and “Updates”.
- Toggle the option off for the three – music, apps and updates.
2. Install Updates Regularly
Updates for apps and more importantly the iOS software are always intended to be better than their predecessors. They always come with better features to improve performance, battery life and a host of other additional benefits. To make your iPod run faster, you should ensure you have the latest iOS operating software. Do the following:
- Open the “Settings” app of your iPod
- Select General > Software update > Download and Install.
- On the pop up window, tap the “Install” button to complete the installation process.
Please note that you should ensure you have enough battery power to complete the installation. To be sure, you can plug your iPod while the installation is being done.
3. Disable Background App Refresh
While Background App Refresh is meant to promote efficiency, it becomes overwhelming, when you’re already using resource-hogging applications on your iPod. You can therefore decide to reduce the amount of apps doing background refresh, especially the apps that you rarely use. To disable background app refresh for some apps and make your iPod touch run faster, do the following:
- Select “Settings” from the home screen.
- Select General > Background App refresh.
- You can choose to toggle it completely off, or toggle off for apps you rarely use.