Many users have passcodes set on their iPhones to deter other unauthorized persons from gaining access. Unfortunately, forgetting the passcode is something that a lot of people experience in their daily lives. When you forget your passcode, most people will try guessing the passcode repeatedly. When you enter the wrong passcode six times on your iPhone, it will be disabled and you will not be able to use it unless it is unlocked. Fortunately, we are here to help you learn how to restore a disabled iPhone XR/XS/XS Max/X/8/7/6/SE/5/4.
Choose The Right Way to Restore Disabled iPhone
There are four ways to restore a disabled iPhone. each method has its own procedures and advantages.
- If want it easy, you can use iPhone password unlocker to get your iPhone into disabled iPhone because it helps in any disabled or unlocked situations.
- If you synced your iPhone to iTunes before, you can use such iTunes to back up and restore your iPhone.
- If “Find My iPhone” is enabled on your iPhone and you know the Apple ID and password, you can also use iCloud to remotely erase your iPhone and its passcode.
- If you have synced your iPhone or you didn’t enable “Find My iPhone”, you can use recovery mode to restore your disabled iPhone. Sometimes this doesn’t work at once, you may need to repeat the steps again and again until it works.
How to Instantly Restore Disabled iPhone via LockWiper
If you are looking for ways to restore a disabled iPhone without the need of entering iPhone password or iCloud passcodee, that is effective and takes just a few minutes to complete, then iMyFone LockWiper is the tool you need. This tool lets you unlock or restore iPhone and iPad screen passcode with ease. With this iPhone unlocking tool, no passcode, Touch ID or Face ID stands a chance of not being cracked.
LockWiper’s Great Features:
- Quickly restore disabled iPhone and remove the password without hassle
- Bypass Apple ID on all iDevices without password when you can access your device settings.
- Unlock locked iPhone without password even when its screen is not responsive
- Support any type of screen lock, like 4or 6 digit passcode, Face ID, and Touch ID
- Compatible with all iOS versions, iPhones, iPads or iPod touch. iOS 12 and iPhone XS (Max) are included.
Steps to Restore Disabled iPhone without Any Password
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Lockwiper on your computer. Then launch the software. Click on the Start button to commence the unlocking process.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Follow the onscreen guide to put your device in DFU mode.
Step 3: Download the firmware package for your device. Once the Firmware has been downloaded, click on the Start to Verify button. This will ensure that the firmware package is compatible with your device.
Step 4: Click on Start Unlock button for the tool to start removing the passcode. Enter 000000 and click Unlock to confirm that you want to use this tool to unlock your iPhone.
Just wait for it to unlock your iPhone. It won’t take long. Then you set up your iPhone with new passcode.
How to Restore Disabled iPhone Using Synced iTunes
You can restore your iPhone via iTunes if you recently synced your device via this service on your computer. iTunes will erase the passcode and give you access to your iPhone once again.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to a computer that was used to sync with the iPhone
Step 2: Launch iTunes on the computer. iTunes will automatically detect your device and start syncing it and backing up your data. (If it asks for passcode, please change to another iTunes you synced before.)
Step 3: Once the syncing and backing up of data is complete, click on the Restore iPhone button.
Step 4: When it’s done, you can set up your iPhone by “Restore from iTunes Backup”. Pick the most recent or relevant backup file to start the restoration process.
Conditions for this method to work:
- You must have trusted and synced your iPhone with such iTunes.
- This way only works in a day since your iPhone was disabled.
- If your iPhone’s version is iOS 11 or 12, the feature “USB Accessories” (which you can find in “Settings > Touch ID & Passcode”) must be enabled.
- If “USB Accessories” is disabled, the way only works in a hour since your iPhone was disabled.
How to Restore A Disabled iPhone via iCloud
You can also use iCloud service to restore a blocked iPhone. This service will enable you to remotely erase your iPhone and gain access to it.
Step 1: Open icloud.com on your computer browser and sign in to your account using your Apple ID and password.
Step 2: Click on the Find iPhone option.
Step 3: Tap All Devices at the top of the display screen.
Step 4: Choose your disabled device from the list.
Step 5: Click on the Erase iPhone button and confirm it to start the erasing process.
Conditions for this method to work:
- Your iPhone must connect to internet, no matter cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- You must set up Find My iPhone feature on your device.
- You must the Apple ID and password that the iPhone is signed in.
How to Restore Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
This is a more drastic method for restoring your disabled iPhone. It will erase your iPhone and the passcode.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer and launch iTunes. If you don’t have a computer, borrow one from your friends.
Step 2: Force restart your iPhone while it’s connected:
- On iPhone 8 and Later: Quickly press and release Volume Up button, quickly press and release Volume Down button, keep pressing the Side button until you see the iTunes logo.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Keep pressing the Volume Down and Side buttons until you see the iTunes logo.
- On iPhone 6s and Earlier, iPad or iPod: Keep pressing the Home and Side (or Top) buttons at the same time until you see the iTunes logo.
Step 3: On your computer, you will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Restore here.
iTunes will download the latest iOS firmware for your iPhone. But note that, iPhone will exit the recovery mode if it takes more than 15 minutes. Then you need to repeat the steps again until it finally works.
In short, if your iPhone is disabled, the only way to fix it is to restore it. There is no way to fix disabled iPhone without restoring. If you don’t want to lose any data, you can use synced iTunes to back up first. If you want thing easy, use iMyFone LockWiper iPhone password unlocker would be your best choice. It just takes you a few clicks and a few minutes to unlock your disabled iPhone.