These days all of us change our phones frequently. Some swap between Android while some shift from Android to iPhone. During this, we lost some of our crucial data including personal WhatsApp messages that you might think of saving for a long time. Every day, a large number of users search for how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone using Google Drive but end up with nothing. Until now, there was no authentic way.
In this article, we have come up with a 100% working method to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone using Google Drive. Read till the end and restore your WhatsApp messages next time you change your phone.
Table of Content [Hide]
- Part 1. Transfer Android WhatsApp Data from Google Drive to iPhone Directly
- Part 2. Restore Android WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive to iPhone in Two Steps
- Part 3. Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone Using Google Drive in TXT Files
- FAQs: More You May Want to Know about WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive
Part 1. Transfer Android WhatsApp Data from Google Drive to iPhone Directly
Since there is no authentic way, you have to make use of a third-party tool to achieve this. iTransor for WhatsApp in an innovative way, professionals committed themselves to make the transfer of WhatsApp messages tremendously effortless for you. You can swap your phone without worrying about losing your WhatsApp messages.
Transfer/Backup/Restore/Export WhatsApp on iPhone/Android with One Click.
Once you have backed up your data in Google Drive, follow the steps below:
Step 1. First, install and run iTransor for WhatsApp. Click on the third module Restore/Export WhatsApp Backup, then choose Import Google Drive Backups.
Step 2. Sign in to your Google account, and continue with Next.
Step 3. All your WhatsApp backups on on Google Drive will be listed. Choose the one you need and click on download icon.
Step 4. Select the backup just downloaded from Google Drive, choose Restore to Device.
Step 5. Now you will be asked to enter your phone number used for Google account, then enter the received verification code.
Step 6. Wait for the calculation and decryption process. Once the process is done, you can preview and choose to Export selectively or entirely to your iPhone.
NoteOperations to view chats details, export to computer and restore to device are only for full version.
Part 2. Restore Android WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive to iPhone in Two Steps
Basically, this idea is that first you restore WhatsApp backup on Google Drive back to Android, which is easily and freely to operate; then you transfer the WhatsApp data from Android phone to iPhone.
Step 1. Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to Android
Here are the steps you can follow easily:
- On your Android, delete the WhatsApp app and reinstall it from Play Store.
- Log in with your phone number you used on WhatsApp and Google Drive before, enter the verification code.
- Finally a note will pop up to remind you restoring backup, tap on Restore and just wait till the restoring process done.
Now you have successfully restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android. Continue with next step.
Step 2. Transfer WhatsApp between Android and iPhone
- First, install and run iTransor for WhatsApp on your computer. Click on the first button on the left Transfer WhatsApp between Devices. Connect both your Android and iPhone to computer, make sure that Android Source and iPhone Destination. Of course you can switch them easily with the Switch button.
- Once you have prepared, click on Transfer to start the process. Then iTransor for WhatsApp will start transferring your WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone.
- The time it costs depends on the size of files; meanwhile, you have to make sure both devices are not disturbed in the whole process.
Once done, you can disconnect your devices; and here, you can now see all your WhatsApp chats appearing on WhatsApp app again even when you changed from Android to iPhone.
Part 3. Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone Using Google Drive in TXT Files
If you have no requirements to read WhatsApp backup on chats window when switching to iPhone, then you can try this method to transfer WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone in read-only text format files via email.
Step 1. Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to Android
The first step is the same as explained in Part 2 Step 1 of the previous method. Simply delete and reinstall WhatsApp app on your Android, then it will automatically remind you to restore backup from your Google Drive, and that's it.
Step 2. Send WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone via Email
- Go to the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Open the chat that you want to export. Click on the contact's name or the group's title at the top of the screen.
- In the menu, scroll down to find export chat. Click on that option.
- After that, there will be a menu showing Attach Media and Without Media. From here, select Attach Media.
- Now you will see a number of options here. Select the Email option. Then enter the email you want to share and then click the send button.
- Last step is sign in your email on iPhone, from there you can read the WhatsApp chats in TXT files.
FAQs: More You May Want to Know about WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive
1. How do I download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to my computer?
- Connect your iPhone to your computer or laptop.
- Go to Phone Memory by clicking here.
- Go to the WhatsApp folder and select it.
- Copy and paste the WhatsApp backup on a personal computer.
2. How can I access WhatsApp backup on Google Drive?
- Click the gear-shaped menu item in the upper-right corner and then pick Settings.
- From the side panel, select Managing apps and look for the WhatsApp folder. All of your backed-up data should be listed alphabetically there.
The Bottom Line
Finally, you can now transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone using Google Drive. We have listed three methods, and you can make your own choice. Though the email method can serve the purpose but exporting chat one-by-one and getting them in read-only format will be a mess. If you want to avoid this, then iTransor for WhatsApp is just meant for you. Simply download it and start enjoying!