The iPhone has become so popular that it is not uncommon to find some Android users seeking to switch from Android to iPhone. But once the decision is made, most users find that it can be quite difficult to move data from Android to iPhone.
The main reason why data transfer from Android to iPhone can be difficult is that the platforms use vastly different systems so that an Android app doesn't work on an iPhone.
So, if WhatsApp for Android will not work on the iPhone, how can you transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone? Well, there are several ways you can do that, and this article will take a look at some of the most effective solutions.
- Part 1. 2 Recommended Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone (100% Workable)
- Part 2. FAQs about Transfering WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
2 Recommended Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Luckily, there are some ways you can try to help transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. Do not hesitate to read the following sections now. We will also provide a more intuitive way to describe the differences between the two possible ways.
|Difficulty||Bulk Transfer||Required Time||Transfer to WhatsApp Account|
|iTransor for WhatsApp||Easy||Short|
The Basic Way - Move WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone via Email
You can essentially email yourself your WhatsApp chats and be able to see them on your iPhone. Please note that you can only transfer the chats one by one, so it will be time-consuming. Here how to do it:
- On your Android device, open WhatsApp and then select the WhatsApp chats you would like to email.
- Go to Settings > More > Export Chat > Email.
- Choose whether you would like to attach media or not.
- Send the chats to your email account and open the email on your iPhone.
You will be able to view the chats on your iPhone but you will not be able to open them on WhatsApp for iOS. If you choose to send the media files, then they will be sent and added as attachments.
- It is a practical way to move Android WhatsApp to iPhone.
- It cannot transfer all WhatsApp chats simultaneously.
- It cannot take the messages to your WhatsApp account, because the chats will be attached as a .txt document.
- This method also limits the number of messages you are able to transfer: you can email up to 10,000 latest messages with attachments; without media files, you can email 40,000 messages.
From here, you can see that there are many limitations or inconveniences of using email to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. Luckily, the more advanced way in the next part will fix them all. Do not hesitate to read on.
The Advanced Way - Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone via a Transfer Tool
Most methods will prove difficult since iOS and Android devices are so different. But there is a program that can allow you to easily transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone very easily with a single click.
This program is iTransor for WhatsApp and it specializes in the transfer of WhatsApp messages and attachments across devices regardless of the operating system. Here are the reasons why you should choose iTransor for WhatsApp:
- It is very easy to use and 100% safe. No data will be leaked out.
- You can transfer WhatsApp without Google Drive.
- It supports all Android and iOS devices, including the latest Galaxy S10, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, etc.
- It is also very useful in the transfer of data between two devices even when they don't use the same operating system.
- It has already been trusted and recommended by many professional websites.
Here's how to use iTransor for WhatsApp to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with free trial version:
Step 1. Install iTransor for WhatsApp on your computer and then launch it. Connect both the Android device and the iPhone to the computer using USB devices and select "Transfer WhatsApp between Devices".
Step 2. The program will detect both devices and display them on the next screen. Since we are transferring data from Android to iPhone, ensure that the Android device is displayed as the "Source" device and the iPhone as the "Destination" device. If this order is incorrect, click on "Switch" to change the order.
Step 3. Click on "Transfer" to begin the transferring process. Keep both devices connected to the computer until the process is complete.
You should be able to see your WhatsApp data on the iPhone when the transfer process completes. Just try it now and it is also completely free to back up Android or iOS WhatsApp messages.
FAQs about Transfering WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
If you need to change your Android device to iPhone, you may wonder whether you can transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS devices. The answer is yes, but there still are some key points you'd better pay attention to.
1. Is It Possible to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone via Google Drive?
As we have mentioned above, you are able to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone, so you may be wondering whether it is possible to use Google Drive as a viable way to perform Android WhatsApp to iPhone transfer. The answer is simple -you will not be able to transfer data via Google Drive because iOS doesn't support Google Drive.
The encryption system that Google uses to store and secure data in the Google Drive Cloud is vastly different and an iOS system will not be able to decode the files from Google Drive. This incompatibility makes it very hard to transfer data from Google Drive to an iOS device or transfer data from iCloud to an Android device.
The two systems are simply incompatible with one another. That means you can only use Google Drive to transfer WhatsApp conversations from Android to Android devices.
The wrong steps will be shown like these, so remember not to follow them.
Step 1: On your Android device, open WhatsApp and then go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and then tap on "Backup".
Step 2: Now install WhatsApp on your iPhone and go through the set-up process. You should see a popup asking you to restore an existing backup. Simply tap the Restore button to complete the process and successfully transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
- Actually, you will not see the backup on Google Drive when you are setting up WhatsApp on your iPhone because iOS devices are not connected with Google drive. If you see a backup on your iOS devices, it must be a WhatsApp backup on iCloud.
- As we all know, you cannot directly transfer your WhatsApp Google Drive backup to your iPhone. But, you do not need to worry because we have the best alternative for you. You can refer to this guide to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone.
2. Is There Any Totally Free Way to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
Many users, who switch from Android devices to the iPhone, have this doubt in their minds.
Luckily, some free ways will help you transfer WhatsApp messages from your Android device to the iPhone.
But please note that there are some cons of using totally free methods for transferring the data.
- Not all the solutions are simple to follow. Some complex steps may be difficult for most users who are not tech-savvy.
- Some of the free solutions will take a long time to perform the transfer.
- The success rate of some free ways is very low.
Instead of using free solutions for transferring the WhatsApp data from Android device to iPhone, you are supposed to use an alternative way to transfer the data like iMyFone iTransor for WhatsApp - a professional WhatsApp backup, transfer and restore tool that can help you in simple clicks.
With iTransor for WhatsApp, you can bypass this incompatibility and directly transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. In fact, it is the best way you can continue to use your Android WhatsApp data on your iPhone.