Although nowadays many applications offer cross-platform data transfer services such as “Samsung Smart Switch” for transfer from iPhone to Samsung and “Move to iOS” for transfer from Android to iPhone, these tools can't transfer MMS data such as WhatsApp. Yet because of the common use of WhatsApp Messenger, if you are switching from iPhone to Android, it can become a real headache to think about ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
This article examines the available strategies and offers some of the best solutions on transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android for free! Let's get started now!
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android for Free
When we want transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, most of us may choose handle it manually. But we still wonder is there have any free way to transfer WhatsApp data. Fortunately, there is!
1 Transfer via Email
You can transfer the exported files from an iPhone to an Android with email, messages, or anything else you can access on the Android phone. This feature, however, will only export the WhatsApp chats to log files, which is what you will be reading on the Android phone. You will not be able to sync these WhatsApp chats with the data on your Android device.
But it is still the only easy, free and trustworthy way to transfer the WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Here's how to do it:
Step 1 Open WhatsApp on the iPhone and click on the chat that you want to transfer. Tap the top of the screen and choose "Export Chat" from the list.
Step 2 A popup will appear, and you can choose to export the chats "Without Media" or "Attach Media".
TipsIf you choose Attach Media, your video/photo messages will be attached to a folder other than the text messages. Normally we will click on the Mail icon to export chats, but you can also choose another app as long as you can access the app on the Android phone.
Step 3 WhatsApp will start processing your data. Type in the email address you want to send the WhatsApp chats to and click "Send".
Step 4 Go to the Android device, log in to that email account, and view the emailed chats.
NoteAnother problem with this method will be the high number of manual actions. You have to export chats one by one, which means that if you have 50 chats to transfer, you’ll need to do it 50 times.
2Use Chat Backup
Apart for use Email to transfer WhatsApp Messages, you can also choose Chat Backup to transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android for free!
Actually, the WhatsApp Messages can back up and save daily auto to your iPhone's memory. You can select periodically backup your WhatsApp chats to Google Drive, which is convenient for you to keep the WhatsApp Messages.
The operating step as below:
Step 1Log in to your WhatsApp account on iPhone, and navigate to "Setting". Then click "Chat" > "Chat Backup". Start to back up current WhatsApp data by a tap on the "Back up Now" button.
Step 2Log into your WhatsApp account on your Android phone. And there will pop up a tip asking you "Whether to Restore Data from Backup for the First Time".
Step 3If it is prompted to "Restore from WhatsApp iCloud", you can click on it and wait for restore.
NoteUsing Google Drive to transfer data is the simplest way to transfer data to a new phone, it does needn't install any third-party tools. If you want to use a local backup, you'll need to use a computer and SD card to transfer the files.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Third-party Apps
Since WhatsApp doesn't offer a direct way for users to transfer all WhatsApp data between different operating systems, some third-party tools cure this headache. In this part I will share 3 third-party tools that focus on WhatsApp data management.
1 iTransor for WhatsApp
One of the best WhatsApp transfer softwares to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android is iTransor for WhatsApp. This program is designed to help manage WhatsApp data in numerous ways - backup, restore, transfer, and export WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business data from iPhone or Android. With this tool we can directly transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android without effort.
Here are some other features of iTransor for WhatsApp:
- Support back up and export WhatsApp chats, and read them on a computer as they appear on the phone anytime you like.
- WhatsApp Business data can be processed to transfer, backup, restore and export in this program. Check out how to transfer WhatsApp Business from iPhone to Android.
- It supports all popular mobile devices including the iPhone13, 12, Samsung Galaxy S20, S10, Huawei P30, and Pixel 4 as long as the operating system is from iOS 9 to 15 or Android 2.0 to 11.
- Trusted and recommended by a lot of famous media sites including Make Use Of, Macworld, etc.
Just 3 simple step use iTransor:
- Step 1: Install iTransor for WhatsApp on your computer and launch the program. Choose "Transfer WhatsApp between Devices". Connect the iPhone and the Android device for transfer to the computer with USB cables.
- Step 2: Click on "Transfer" to begin the process.
- Step 3: Keep both devices connected to the computer during the transfer. It might take minutes to hours depending on the amount of WhatsApp data.
NoteThe program should detect and display the devices. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Backuptrans developed to help transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android is called "iPhone WhatsApp to Android Transfer". It supports iOS versions 4 to 15 and most Android phones - Huawei, Samsung, HTC, etc.
The process to transfer your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android with this tool is below:
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone and Android to the computer.
- Step 2:Turn on USB debugging on the Android phone to make the phone recognizable. Click "Back up my data", no need to enter a password. On the iPhone tap "Trust" in the window asking if you want to trust your computer.
- Step 3: The program will load all your WhatsApp data from both the Android and the iPhone. Choose your iPhone device from the screen, then right click > Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android.
What's moreBackuptrans also allows you to manage WhatsApp data in other ways than transferring them from iPhone to Android. You can still back up and restore the WhatsApp data, but only on the iPhone.
WazzapMigrator is an app that helps to transfer WhatsApp backup from iPhone to Android. It might be complicated because this method requires programming skills and will take a lot of time to understand the operating processes. You will need three tools for this solution: iTunes, WazzapMigrator Extractor, and WazzapMigrator.
Let's see how to use WazzapMigrator:
- Step 1: Make a full backup of your iPhone with iTunes and turn backup encryption in iTunes off.
- Step 2: Download and launch WazzapMigrator Extractor on your computer. Use this tool to load up the iTunes backup of your iPhone.
- Step 3: Find the net.whatsapp.WhatsApp folder on the menu of the extractor. Locate the ChatStorage.sqlite file and your media files in the net.whatsapp.WhatsApp folder.
- Step 4: Connect the Android device to the computer. Transfer the ChatStorage.sqlite file and your media files to the Download folder of your Android phone.
- Step 5: Install and open WazzapMigrator on your Android device.
- Step 6: Wait until the tool detects the files and tap "Select iPhone Archive". Choose the iOS Backup you want to restore.
- Step 7: Follow the prompts on the screen until you see "Conversion Successful". Open WhatsApp on the Android phone and you will see all the WhatsApp chat history from the iPhone.
Part 3. Comparison of the Methods Mentioned Above
You might be confused by the methods we have provided, so we made a comparison chart which includes the transfer between different operating systems they can make. Just choose the one that suits you best.
|iPhone to Android Transfer||Android to iPhone Transfer||iPhone to iPhone Transfer||Android to Android Transfer||Direct Transfer||Operation Difficulty|
|Chat Back up||Medium|
|iTransor for WhatsApp||Easy|
Since you have learned all the four methods to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, you can now get to transfer other data left on your old Android. The most useful method I still recommended use iTransor, which is easy to operate and transfer fast. You can leave your comment if you have any problems. Have a look around!