Have you just purchased your new iPhone, but rather than revelry, the trouble of transferring videos from your Android to iPhone keeps you worried? If you are facing the same problem as many of us, you have come to the right place! Here we tell you the top 5 ways to transfer videos from Android to iPhone without compromising on quality.
- Method 1: Transfer Videos from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS
- Method 2: Send Videos from Android to iPhone via Transfer Apps
- Method 3: Manually Transfer Videos from Android to iPhone via Computer
- Method 4: Share Videos from Android to iPhone via Chat Apps
- Method 5: Convert Videos from Android to iPhone via Cloud Services
- Comparison of the 5 Methods Mentioned Above
Method 1: Transfer Videos from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS
Move to iOS app helps you transfer files from your Android device, including photos, videos, contacts, Gmail, etc., to your Apple device. You can download it from Play Store for transferring videos from Android to iPhone. Before you start, ensure that you have Wi-Fi turned on on both the devices and have charged them both. Pay attention that this app can only be used when setting up your iPhone from the beginning.
Now, follow the given steps:
- Select Move Data from Android in the Apps and Data screen while setting up your iPhone.
- Open Move to iOS App On your Android device. Tap on Select and then Agree. Once in Find Your Code screen, tap Next in the top right corner.
- On iPhone, tap Continue. A code will prompt.
- Enter the code on your Android. Then select the video you wish to transfer, and tap Next.
- Tap Done on Android, only when loading finishes on your iOS.
Method 2: Send Videos from Android to iPhone via Transfer Apps
Numerous cross-platform transfer apps like SHAREit, Xender, etc., allow you to transfer large volumes of data from one device to another using a Wi-Fi hotspot. To send videos from Android to iPhone using such apps, follow these steps:
- Download and install any such transfer app on both your devices.
- Launch the app. Click on Send on your Android and Receive on your iPhone.
- Select your iPhone when you find it in Available Device screen on your Android.
- Select the videos that you want to share and click on Send once the two devices are paired.
- Disconnect when complete.
Method 3: Manually Transfer Videos from Android to iPhone via Computer
Going old school, you can wish to manually transfer videos from Android to iPhone using your computer in few simple steps:
- Connect your Android to your computer using the USB cable and enable it to be used for viewing files and folders.
- Copy and Paste the desired videos from Android to your computer. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop.
- Disconnect Android and connect iPhone using USB.
- Copy and paste the videos from your computer to iPhone. Disconnect when done.
Method 4: Share Videos from Android to iPhone via Chat Apps
Most of us using any smartphones are invariably users of some or the other instant messenger. Probably the most popular is WhatsApp, where people can send text messages to one another in real time and also share different data files like photos, videos, music or even documents or one's location. Large size of videos might hardly be transferred though, it is easy enough to transfer small size of video files. We can thus use these very apps to share videos from Android to iPhone in the following easy steps:
- Open the chat app like WhatsApp.
- Select the recipient's chat.
- Select the video you wish to transfer.
In case of WhatsApp, you might want to send the video as a document attachment instead of sending it directly from the gallery, otherwise it will auto-compress and ruin its quality. Sending as a document attachment retains the same.
- Click on Send.
- Upon receiving the video, download it on the iPhone.
Method 5: Convert Videos from Android to iPhone via Cloud Services
Cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox prove very useful even when you need to convert videos from Android to iPhone. These are file storage and synchronization services which allow the users to store files on their servers and synchronize and share them across devices. Keep these cloud service apps downloaded and signed-in on both the devices.
You can transfer the videos in few simple steps:
- Open/Select the desired videos on your Android device and click on Share.
- Select the cloud service (such as Google Drive). Wait till the video uploads.
- Now open Google Drive on your iPhone.
- Download the videos on your iPhone from the Quick Access tab. Transfer is thus complete.
Comparison of the 5 Methods Mentioned Above
The task to transfer videos from Android to iPhone might seem daunting at first. However, change in the Operating System does not make it any difficult. Far from the perception, it is very simple- much like transferring videos among 2 devices of the same Operating System.
We have listed the top 5 methods you can use to transfer videos from Android to iPhone. While all these methods work just fine, some users might find one method easier than the other. If you ask us, Method 2: Using Transfer Apps works best for us. You can also refer to the chart below to choose the one that suits you best.
|Using Move To iOS App||Using Transfer Apps||Using Computer||Using Chat Apps||Using Cloud Services|
|Ease of Access||Easy.||Easiest.||Easy.||Fairly easy.||Easy enough.|
|Data Security||Secure since it comes with the guarantee of an Apple App.||Secure as it uses a personal Wi-Fi Hotspot.||Secure as long as it is a home computer.||Secure since the chat apps generally use end-to-end encryption.||Secure unless someone gets the access link.|
|Data Charges||Absolutely free.||Absolutely free.||Absolutely free.||Depending on your data plan, your ISP may charge you.||Depending on your data plan.|
|Speed||Pretty impressive.||Fastest.||Should take some time.||Depends on your internet speed and size of video(s).||Depends on your internet speed and size of video(s).|
It should be used while your iPhone is set up for the first time.
No music, books or pdf files transfer.
|It may hang on low memory devices.||It cannot be done without a computer.||
Internet connection is required.
Slower if the network is weak.
Data charges may apply.
Requires good Internet connection.
Slower if the file size is big.
Data charges may apply.
Having said that, it is up to you as to which method you choose to transfer videos from Android to iPhone. Do let us know which method you liked!