Are you having trouble getting text messages forwarding enabled on iOS 11? Does it seem like this simple function just doesn’t work for you, even though it was one of the promising new features for the new iOS? Being able to view text messages across devices can be really convenient, so you don’t want to miss out. Luckily, there are a few simple solutions to this problem that may help you out:
Steps to Enable Text Message Forwarding on iOS 11
Here is how to enable text message forwarding on iOS 11:
(1) On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Recieve.
(2) Tap where it says “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and then put in your Apple ID and password.
(3) Now you can choose an e-mail address to associate with your Apple ID. After you have chosen the one that you want to use, click Next.
(4) Go to Settings > Messages again, then tap Text Message Forwarding.
(5) Your iPad or Mac will receive a verification code in Messages. You will need to enter this code into your iPhone to verify.
What If I Cannot Activate iMessage and There Is No Text Message Forwarding Option?
If you can’t seem to activate iMessage, then try a few things:
- Check the time and data on your iPhone.
- Turn off and restart iMessage.
- Update your version of iOS.
- Talk to your cellular service provider.
- Toggle airplane mode on and off.
- Remove any restrictions for iMessage in your settings.
- Sign out of iMessage and sign back in.
You can read about these troubleshooting methods in more detail here: How to Fix Error Occurred during iMessage Activation?
TIP: Transfer Your Old iPhone Messages to You iPhone 8/iPhone X
You can use a tool called iMyFone D-Port Pro to easily transfer messages from your old iPhone to your new one, if that’s what you’re trying to achieve through forwarding. iMyFone D-Port Pro lets you back up and restore all kinds of data from your iOS devices. Here are some of this application’s great features:
How to Transfer Messages/iMessages from Your Old iPhone to iPhone 8/iPhone X
First, you will need to back up the messages on your old iPhone:
(1) Install D-Port Pro on your computer.
(2) Plug your old iPhone in and launch the program.
(3) Click where it says Back Up & Export From Device on the left side of the screen.
(4) Click Back Up Messages.
(5) Click Back Up and wait until the process is done before unplugging your iPhone.
Now, you will restore the messages to your new iPhone:
(6) Unplug your old iPhone and plug your new one into your computer.
(7) Click where it says Restore Backup to Device (on the left sidebar).
(8) Choose your message backup from before from the list provided, then click Next.
(9) Click Next once again, and the scanning will begin. You will be presented with a preview of your texts.
(10) Once iMyFone D-Port Pro has scanned your messages, you can click Restore near the bottom of the screen to restore the messages. Do not unplug your device until the restoring is done.
Text message forwarding can be very useful, but if you can’t get it to work or you are simply looking to transfer your messages to a new phone, then iMyFone D-Port Pro can be a good tool to use instead. In just a few minutes, you can transfer all of your messages conveniently to your new iPhone 8/iPhone X.