iPhone not getting recognized by iTunes is one of the common issues many iOS users face, particularly those who use Windows 10. There could be several reasons behind this problem. It could either be an issue with the lightning cable or corrupt driver problem. It could also happen because of an issue with iTunes itself. Regardless of the cause, the problem can be really annoying because without getting your iPhone recognized in iTunes, you won't be able to sync your iPhone media with iTunes or transfer any files. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to solve iTunes not recognizing iPhone windows 10.
How to Fix iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone Windows 10
Following are some solutions for iTunes not recognizing iPhone windows 10:
1. The Best Solution - Use iMyFone TunesFix
One of the best ways to solve any iTunes not recognizing iPhone windows 10 is to use a professional iTunes repairing software. iMyFone TunesFix is a recommended choice in this regard. This third-party iTunes repairing tool is capable of fixing virtually all iTunes issues quickly. You simply need to install the software and launch it; it will automatically scan and identify the issue and prompt to fix it via its Repair option. Apart from repairing iTunes, TunesFix also offers many additional features.
- Fix virtually all iTunes issues quickly and conveniently.
- Scan for iTunes issues automatically.
- Uninstall iTunes completely with a single click.
- Dedicated mode to repair failed iDevice detection issue.
- Several manual repair modes to fix certain iTunes problems such as backup/restore issue, problem with installation/updating, as well as other iTunes problems.
Steps to Repair iTunes Won't Recognize iPad/iPhone Windows 10 Via iMyFone TunesFix:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesFix on your computer. The software will scan for iTunes issues automatically. If an issue is found, then fix it via Repair option. If no issue is found, then you will see the home interface of TunesFix.
Step 2: From the home interface, select "Repair iTunes Connect Issues" mode.
Step 3: On the next window, click the Repair button. iMyFone TunesFix will now attempt to repair the problem. When the repairing process is completed, your iPhone will be recognized by iTunes.
2. Fix iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone Windows 10 with Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is responsible for getting an iDevice recognized in iTunes. It may be possible that the iTunes not recognizing iPhone windows 10 problem is being caused by corrupted Apple Mobile Service. So you will need to troubleshoot this component of iTunes. You can enable, restart, or reinstall this component to solve the problem.
Follow these instructions to enable Apple Mobile Device USB Driver:
Step 1: Open Device Manager on your computer and look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
Step 2: The driver is disabled if a downward arrow is displayed. To enable it, right click on it and then choose Enable.
If the driver is enabled and the problem still persists, then it is recommended that you restart Apple Mobile Device service. Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Open Control Panel on your computer and navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
Step 2: Find Apple Mobile Device Support. If it’s available in the list, then you can proceed to the next step. If it’s not listed, then you will need to reinstall iTunes.
Step 3: Open Services app on your computer by using Windows logo and R key at the same time and typing services.msc in the textbox.
Step 4: Find Apple Mobile Device Services in the services list and double-click on it.
Step 5: Now click on Stop to stop the service and then click Start once the service has been stopped.
Step 6:Restart your computer.
If the problem is still not solved, then it is recommended that you reinstall Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. The process to do this is easy. Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Close iTunes.
Step 2: Open Device Manager and find Apple Mobile USB Driver from the list.
Step 3: Right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’.
Step 4: Then choose ‘Browse my computer for driver software’. Click on Have Disk and then Browse.
Step 5: Now go to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers.
Step 6: Once there, select usbaapl or usbaapl64 (if you are using 64-bit version of Windows). Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
3. Other Common Solutions for iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone Windows 10
Following are some other common solutions you should try:
- Use another lightning cable. It is also recommended that you try different USB ports of your computer when connecting your iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone when connecting it to computer and also make sure that you have ‘Trusted’ the computer from iPhone.
- Update iPhone drivers on your Windows 10.
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Reinstall iTunes by completely uninstalling it first and then installing it after restarting your computer.
- Install Media Feature Pack on your Windows PC if it isn’t installed already.
- Install the latest Windows updates.