There are several reasons why you would want to factory reset your iPhone. For example, to improve performance, wipe sensitive data, fix an error, or fix a locked iPhone. But one certain problem users may face is that they either don't know how to factory reset an iPhone or they are unable to do so using the method they already know.
If you are in a situation like this, you have nothing to worry about! In this article, we are going to talk about how to reset an iPhone 7 (Plus) in 4 easy ways. These methods also work with other models like iPhone 14 and are compatible with the newest iOS 16.
It's not a very complicated thing to factory reset an iPhone, but if not done right it can be a confusing task. Here are four easy ways to factory reset an iPhone 7 that you can follow, so you don't have to get confused.
Method 1. Factory Reset iPhone 7(Plus) on iPhone
Factory resetting iPhone via Settings is a straightforward method, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, and enter the passcode to confirm erasing. This step will require a password if you have set one and will delete all the data on your phone.
Method 2. Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus to Factory Settings via iTunes
If you cannot access the settings to do the general factory reset, you can use iTunes to reset iPhone 7/7 plus. Follow the steps:
- Connect your iPhone to a synced computer. Then open iTunes. If your iPhone is synced with iTunes, you can reset your device by clicking the Restore iPhone option.
- iTunes will ask for confirmation to restore your device. Click Restore again to proceed. After that, agree the Terms & Conditions and iTunes will start to restore your iPhone 7/7P.
If your iPhone is not synced and iTunes won't detect your device, try to enter Recovery Mode.
Method 3. iPhone 7/7 Plus Factory Reset using iCloud
Another easy way of how to factory reset the iPhone 7 plus is using the Apply Find My iPhone feature. This feature lets you erase your lost phone's data online using iCloud, which is very convenient. To reset your phone using iCloud, follow these steps:
- Open Find my iPhone on iCloud.com. Then select All Devices' Info window and click erase next to your device.
- For verification it will ask for your Apple ID password, you can also answer security questions if you are using a trusted PC or you can enter the verification code sent to you on your other Apple device. If the computer you are using is not yours, click Don't Trust. If your device had iOS 8 or later, enter a phone number and send a message. This will help you remotely erase your device and reset it.
Method 4. Hard Reset iPhone 7/7P without Screen Password or iTunes
On the off chance that your phone has been locked out and you don't have synchronization with iTunes on any PC, you may be anxious because you can't see a way through this. Good for you, there is a way and it is a very effective one! iMyFone Fixppo lets you reset your iPhone in a snap.
You can watch the video first to have a quick view of this method:
Fix iOS System Problem without Data Loss
- Support factory reset iPhone without screen passcode or iTunes.
- It is compatible with all iOS versions including the latest iOS 16.
- Support repair iOS with a high success rate
- Fix software/system iOS issues at the same time, such as iPhone stuck on SOS mode, iPhone freezing, iPhone stuck on black screen, etc.
Now follow the steps and using the Advanced mode, you will be able to reset your locked/frozen/stuck iPhone 7/7 Plus to factory settings. Download and install iMyFone Fixppo on your computer.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer. Launch Fixppo and select "Reset iDevice".
Step 2. Choose Hard Reset to factory reset your device.
Step 3. Download firmware package to factory reset your iPhone.
Step 4. Put your iPhone into DFU/Recovery mode and start to hard reset your iPhone.
Alright, you iPhone will be reset as brand new one in a while.
That's all method you can try to factory reset iPhone 7/7P. All of them have their pros and cons, here's a comparison table to help you understand better.
|on Device||via iTunes||via iCloud||via iMyFone Fixppo|
When to Use
iPhone not working
|No Need of Screen Passcode|
|Other Issues Can Be Fixed||No||No||No||All system/software issues|
FAQs on How to Factory Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus
Before checking the 3 basic methods to reset iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to factory settings, many users have other doubts on this topic.
Q 1. Will Hard Reset Delete Everything on iPhone 7/7 Plus?
The answer is Yes. You do not need to worry about whether there will be some data left after factory resetting because it will wipe all data for you. If you may need the data in future, remember to make full a backup.
Q 2. Why Can’t I Hard Reset My iPhone 7/7 Plus?
Some users have also complained that they cannot hard reset their devices without knowing what happens. Here are some common reasons:
- Some buttons on your iPhone 7 are broken.
- The device screen does not respond correctly.
- Your device may be stuck on the Apple logo, stuck in recovery mode/black screen and etc.
- The system within your device stops working normally.