There are several reasons as to why you would want to factory reset your iPhone, for example, to improve performance; wipe sensitive data; fix an error; fix a locked iPhone, but one certain problem users may face is that they either don't know how to factory reset an iPhone or they are unable to do so using the method they already know.
If you are in a situation like this, you have nothing to worry about because, in this article, we are going to talk about how to reset an iPhone 7 (Plus) in 4 easy ways. These methods also work with other models like iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)/XS (Max)/XR/X/8/6/5/4.
It's not a very complicated thing to factory reset an iPhone, but if not done right it can be a confusing task. Here are four easy ways to factory reset an iPhone 7 that you can follow, so you don't have to get confused.
All of them have their pros and cons, so here's a comparison table to help you understand better.
|on Device||via iTunes||via iCloud||via iMyFone Fixppo|
When to Use
iPhone not working
|No Need of Screen Passcode|
|Other Issues Can Be Fixed||No||No||No||All system/software issues|
#1. Factory Reset iPhone 7(Plus) on Device
Factory resetting your phone using the settings is a straightforward method.
To do so on your iPhone 7/7 Plus, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and enter the passcode to confirm erasing. This step will require a password if you have set one and will delete all the data on your phone.
#2. How to Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus to Factory Settings via iTunes
If by any chance you cannot access the settings to do the general factory reset, you can use iTunes for this purpose. Follow the steps:
If your phone is synced with iTunes, you can reset your device. This is going to erase all of the data that you have on your phone. Follow these steps to factory reset your iPhone7/7 Plus using iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to a synced computer.
- Open iTunes. If your phone is synced with iTunes, you can reset your device by clicking the Restore iPhone option.
- iTunes will ask for confirmation to restore your device. Click Restore again to proceed.
- After that, agree the Terms & Conditions and iTunes will start to restore your iPhone 7/7P.
If your iPhone is not synced and iTunes won't detect your device, try to enter Recovery Mode.
#3. iPhone 7/7 Plus Factory Reset using iCloud
Another easy way of how to factory reset the iPhone 7 plus is using the Apply Find My iPhone feature. This feature lets you erase your lost phone's data online using iCloud, which is very convenient. To reset your phone using iCloud, follow these steps:
- Open Find my iPhone on iCloud.com.
- Select All Devices' Info window and click erase next to your device.
- For verification it will ask for your Apple ID password, you can also answer security questions if you are using a trusted PC or you can enter the verification code sent to you on your other Apple device. If the computer you are using is not yours, click Don't Trust. If your device had iOS 8 or later, enter a phone number and send a message.
This will help you remotely erase your device and reset it.
#4. How Do I Factory Reset My iPhone 7 without Screen Password or iTunes?
On the off chance that your phone has been locked out and you don't have synchronization with iTunes on any PC, you may be anxious because you can't see a way through this. Good for you, there is a way and it is a very effective one! iMyFone Fixppo lets you reset your iPhone in a snap.
Why Choose iMyFone Fixppo to factory reset iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)/XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7/6/5:
- Completely erase all contents on your device as you wish via the advanced mode.
- It can factory reset iPhone without screen passcode or iTunes.
- It is compatible with all iOS 13/12/11/10 versions.
- It can also fix potential software/system issues at the same time.
Now follow the steps and using the Advanced mode, you will be able to reset your locked/frozen/stuck iPhone 7/7 Plus to factory settings. Download and install iMyFone Fixppo on your computer.
Step 1.Run it and Select Advanced Mode. Connect your iPhone to the computer and click Next.
Step 2.Choose your iPhone model and your desired iOS. Then click on the Download button.
Step 3.After your desired iOS is downloaded, click Start to verify and install your firmware. After it's finished, you should have a fully restored iPhone. You can then set up as a new device or restore from the previous backup.
If you are interested in iMyFone Fixppo which has been trusted by many media sites, download the free trial below and start your easy i-life.
FAQs on How to Factory Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus
Before checking the 3 basic methods to reset iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to factory settings, many users have other doubts on this topic.
Q 1. Will Hard Reset Delete Everything on iPhone 7/7 Plus?
The answer is Yes. You do not need to worry about whether there will be some data left after factory resetting because it will wipe all data for you. If you may need the data in future, remember to make full a backup.
Q 2. Why Can’t I Hard Reset My iPhone 7/7 Plus?
Some users have also complained that they cannot hard reset their devices without knowing what happens. Here are some common reasons:
- Some buttons on your iPhone 7 are broken.
- The device screen does not respond correctly.
- Your device may be stuck on the Apple logo, stuck in recovery mode/black screen and etc.
- The system within your device stops working normally.