The quote above was a complaint from Apple communities. We’ve looked into why his iPhone doesn’t show up in Windows 10, and our research led us to the possible reasons and some great findings on how to solve this issue. These reasons and solutions we’ve shared in the following parts of this article.
Why is my iPhone not showing up on my computer Windows 10?
Just like the picture shows, iPhone can still not show up on computer or iTunes after trying every possible solution. For such a situation, you can follow the checklist below to try to fix the issue. And most of the time, that is because your Apple Mobile Device Support is missing or corrupted. Then, you should find a tool to fix it it. Besides this, there are also other 2 solutions for you to troubleshoot the issue of iPhone doesn't show up on the computer.
- Check to know if your Apple Mobile device drivers are out of date or corrupt.
- Did you click “Don’t Trust” the first time you got the “Trust This Computer” alert when plugging your iPhone into your PC?
- Your iPhone lightning cable may be faulty or fake.
- Your PC’s USB port may be faulty, so try changing to another USB port on your PC.
- When last did you restart your PC? If your PC has worked for a long time, such issues may tend to occur.
Fixes for “iPhone Doesn’t Show up on Windows 10 Computer”
The following are the fixes for every “iPhone doesn’t show up in Windows 10/8/7 computer” problem. We’ll discuss the solutions in detail which include the steps to use for each.
- Fix 1: Install Apple Mobile Device Support with Driver Repairer (Over 95% Success Rate)
- Fix 2: Fix via Device Manager
- Fix 3: Fix iPhone Not Showing up on Windows 10 with Control Panel
- Fix 4: Try Some Obvious Tips
1 Install Apple Mobile Device Support with Driver Repairer (Over 95% Success Rate)
When iPhone doesn’t show up in computer file explorer or in iTunes, we said that the possible cause may be stemming from corrupted Apple Mobile device drivers. We intend to place this factor first among other possible causes.
What is Apple Mobile Device Support?
Apple Mobile Device Support is required and used for the synchronization between an Apple mobile iOS device (iPod, iPhone, or iPad) and a PC through iTunes. If uninstalled, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may not appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Windows PC. Apple Mobile Device Service runs as a Windows service (Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS)) regardless if the user is running a connected Apple application.
There is no better tool for automatic update of Apple mobile device drivers other than iMyFone TunesFix. This tool can freely detect theApple Mobile Device Support and repair it with just one click. It can also fix 100+ iTunes errors including iTunes install/update issue or backup/restore errors, and clear iTunes junks to free up space. Therefore, running iMyFone TunesFix would solve “iPhone won’t show up on the computer” and other related issues.
Main Features about TunesFix
- Fix “iPhone doesn’t show up in computer” issues in one click.
- Repair or update Apple mobile device drivers that are installed on your PC.
- Speed up your computer by removing all junk and redundant files deposited in it by iTunes.
- TunesFix can fix all types of iTunes error without losing your data.
Steps to Repair "iPhone isn’t Showing up on Computer"
Donwload and install iMyFone TunesFix on your PC. Open it and it will auto-detect your iTunes.
- If there is something wrong with your iTunes and components, it will show you the details. You can find that there is a mark for Apple mobile device support.
Now you can click Repair to install the repairing driver for your iTunes. When it’s done, the issue that iPhone doesn’t show up on PC will be fixed.
Click “Repair” and ensure you keep your internet stable. When it’s done, TunesFix will download and update all Apple Mobile device outdated drives.
- You can also see many other features on the Home interface. For the reported hot issue recently that cannot uninstall iTunes on Windows 10, this tool can help you to fix it well.
iMyFone TunesFix has been tested and recommended by lost of software review sites. It's safe to use. Don't worry.
2 Fix the Issue via Device Manager
Besides the above easy solution, there are some other relatively complex ways for you to solve the issue of iPhone doesn't show on Windows 10 or iTunes. Please follow the steps below:
1. Click the Start button on your PC, search for "device manager" in the search box, click it and the Device Manager window will open.
2. Click Portable Devices and then right-click Apple iPhone as shown below.
3. Choose Update Driver Software in the drop-down menu.
4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer", and then choose to install driver software.
3 Fix iPhone Not Showing up on Windows 10 with Control Panel
- Click on the Start button on your PC, search for "devices and printers" in the search box, click it and the Control Panel window will open.
- Find the Apple iPhone under the Unspecified column.
- Right-click Apple iPhone and select Troubleshoot.
- It will detect the trouble as "the device was not enabled". Select "enable device". The iPhone folder will show up in Windows.
4 Try Some Obvious Tips
There are some of the good tips you can try that can provide solutions to questions like “why isn't my iPhone showing up on my computer?” and some other questions.
- Update or Upgrade your Windows to the latest version.
- Restart your Windows PC and iPhone.
- Ensure you are connecting your iPhone to your PC with an original Apple lightning cable.
- Trust your computer your computer if you haven’t done so.
All the aforementioned techniques can work in solving this issue, but the best among them is iMyFone TunesFix. It is popular for its effectivenees and one click operation. Just download, install and use TunesFix software today in order to say goodbye to all iTunes and PC issues.